Study LSD as a PED

Hal_1ncandenza

Bluelighter
Anyone try it? I did.

Last year I woke up hungover before a bicycle criterium(multiple laps of a short track). My friend suggested that I microdose LSD to “get my focus up”. He presented me with a glass of DI water with an indeterminate amount of acid, I threw it in my pre-ride bottle and drove to the race. As soon as I parked my car I gulped it down and ate a (energy)bar.

As I lined up at the start, I got that familiar cranial pressure and some giddiness. Looked around, saw people I knew and I was very glad I had opaque shades on.

Race starts, I feel pretty normal, hangover is dissipating. 20 minutes in I’m getting some light psychedelic tchotchkes in my FOV, but nothing too distracting. Feels like I took roughly half an average dose. I was shoulder to shoulder in a pack cornering at 20+mph and I remember thinking to myself “this is incredibly irresponsible”. But I still felt pretty good/focused.

Midway in, after chasing a breakaway my HR is up to 190 bpm but I felt strangely comfortable, like I hadn’t exerted that much.
45 minutes into the race, last lap and people start sprinting and I try to but I’m suddenly hyper aware that if I stack on the pavement going 35 mph it’ll hurt real, real bad. So I kinda choked, finished in roughly 10th place or so.

Aside from the paranoia, I felt surprisingly great re: cardio and stamina, and my focus was good. Makes me think it’d be great on a longer less technical race. Maybe one of those crazy 24 hour trail runs...

I could see it at a low microdose. I use it for studying and have memorized massive, massive amounts of information in 12-14 hour study sessions before.

That said, it’s easy to overdo for study purposes at least where 20mcg, for example, is perfect but 25-30 is quite a bit too much and you have a much less than optimal ~2 hour period in the middle of the day.

Definitely think it would be more suited for endurance sports though.

LSD is a super powerful stimulant aswell it can really work wonders for acessing all your strength if the situtation calls for it i also very good for stretrching and allows you to get more air into the lungs.

I believe LSD would work well for mma fights in a properly controlled dose. I have been fought somebody on the street as a young adult while on acid before and it allowed me to really focus my boxing training and just go flow mode and totally fuck the other dude up before i even realized what happened.

i've gone running during the come up on 1cp a few times. and run during the peak of 50ug doses. my times were not any better than normal. it was enjoyable. great way to start the trip. once i had to step off the treadmill and switch to the stairmill because i was afraid i was gonna misstep and roll my ankle. if that was race day, i'd be disappointed.

crazy you drank the night before the race. nerves?

i've gone running during the come up on 1cp a few times. and run during the peak of 50ug doses. my times were not any better than normal. it was enjoyable. great way to start the trip. once i had to step off the treadmill and switch to the stairmill because i was afraid i was gonna misstep and roll my ankle. if that was race day, i'd be disappointed.

crazy you drank the night before the race. nerves?

Poor judgement. Race was in Santa Cruz, and my buddy happened to live there. He had a get together with his wine-industry friends and a LOT of killer wine was opened, so naturally I overdid it. Luckily not a pivotal race, and I'm not on a team so it was an OK one to experiment with. Water, Beta-Alanine and salad for me the night before most races though.

There was that baseball pitcher who pitched a no hitter on lsd. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. Low doses do put me "in the zone"

I've experienced extreme upticks in physical coordination on large-ish mushroom 'microdoses' of indeterminate size. I've also had LSD juice me up so much I didn't realize I was devastating my body and pushing it much, much too hard until it was too late and I gave myself an injury it's taken months to recover from.

So: yes, but be careful 😓
So would you say it alters perceived exertion during physical activity?