View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and enhanced brain power

hanss

Greenlighter
Hello, im a student attending engenering education. This involes very high level math, mecanics, and some easy physics. The math is a mix og calculus 2, 3 and 4. but what i want to hear are if there are other people heare whit exsperience taking lsd, and if this can help in some way whit school? I am currently trying the paul stamets protocol, and i must say that for one month that have helped my concentration.

You mean for microdosing? I don't find LSD (or any kind of microdosing) directly helps with "brain power" per se, the way that you might hope a nootropic or stimulant would, but it's possible that the neuritogenesis that they induce does act like a kind of fertilizer for the learning brain. This is the theory around Stamets' protocol anyways afaik.

When I look around at my friends who take psychedelics, and the kinds of people on this forum, they're usually pretty smart, but it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, hard to say which causes which.

I do find that microdosing helps with creative problem solving, finding really interesting new ways of working on problems, and also it has catalyzed conceptual breakthroughs that let me work or think in very new ways. But I don't find that it makes the engine run faster or anything like that, and sometimes it can just make things more confusing, or make me want to listen to music instead of do the thing.

I never microdosed during my undergrad so I can't comment on that specifically.

Yeah I’ve used microdoses to study a decent bit.

I’ve found it’s a fine line and too much makes things much less productive although if that’s the case and I get 5-10ug too much I can use different study methods to. i.e. memorize graphical representations and not so much straightforward stuff like definitions, formulas, etc.

In general though I can typically use LSD to effectively memorize massive amounts of information in shot periods and get it to stick for weeks/months and not just a day or two for a test.

The secret fun behind math is that every formula you learn doubles as code for your mind's eye. :) Once a pattern is made visual, it's become part of your intuition, and frees up your brute-force calculation faculty. Microdosing gives subtler advantage, for instance keeping the flow while studying a particularly dry chapter. So math and acid is bread and butter really!

Learned yesterday that the Mertens Conjecture fails somewhere at 10^(10^40). Number of atoms in the Universe is put on 10^80. How freakin' trippy is it that a supposed prime number law can be proven to only break down at a number we can't even write out?! LSD only heightens that appreciation. Bad news for the Riemann Hypothesis though, it remains hard to prove without the above conjecture being valid.

On the flipside: use too much and you might get annoyed with the academic power structure. Basically there's a risk of turning into Rick Sanchez and going around claiming that school isn't for smart people, Morty. But if you share your tricks with other students you create compelling incentives for sticking around.

Last edited:
You mean for microdosing? I don't find LSD (or any kind of microdosing) directly helps with "brain power" per se, the way that you might hope a nootropic or stimulant would, but it's possible that the neuritogenesis that they induce does act like a kind of fertilizer for the learning brain. This is the theory around Stamets' protocol anyways afaik.

When I look around at my friends who take psychedelics, and the kinds of people on this forum, they're usually pretty smart, but it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, hard to say which causes which.

I do find that microdosing helps with creative problem solving, finding really interesting new ways of working on problems, and also it has catalyzed conceptual breakthroughs that let me work or think in very new ways. But I don't find that it makes the engine run faster or anything like that, and sometimes it can just make things more confusing, or make me want to listen to music instead of do the thing.

I never microdosed during my undergrad so I can't comment on that specifically.
well i dont know whats best, microdosing or a good trip. From what ive heard from others i know, is that a tripp of some strenght can help the brain whit creativity or some kind of improvment for weeks after. but from what you write, i trust your opinion more. dident steve jobs take a trip and that help him build up his company. i dont know how exactly that help him.

Yeah I’ve used microdoses to study a decent bit.

I’ve found it’s a fine line and too much makes things much less productive although if that’s the case and I get 5-10ug too much I can use different study methods to. i.e. memorize graphical representations and not so much straightforward stuff like definitions, formulas, etc.

In general though I can typically use LSD to effectively memorize massive amounts of information in shot periods and get it to stick for weeks/months and not just a day or two for a test.
that sound good for me :) i found a web site in canada that sells lsd over internet, i was thinkg to try and order it throue the post.

Hanss, go for it, Canadian vendors have been excellent IME.
You’re just “testing reagents” right?!?
;)

And buy a test kit like Ehrlich’s reagent.
Cut a tiny corner of your first blotter (or mushroom) and put a few drops on it, wait and observe purplish color change. Gives peace of mind and makes you confident you’re on what you intended to be on.
If first time, try a 1/4 tab (around 25ug).