View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD and Abilify

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
Will I be able to get the effects of LSD if I take abilify tablets? what if I take 2 or 3 days off?

what if I'm on the depot? I don't know if i'll be on the pillls or the depot yet stupid quack

I can’t give a conclusive answer to this question because I’ve also been dealing with the issue of LSZd tolerance. But I successfully tripped on a very high LSD dose (3 tabs blotter acid rated at 105 ug each) about 3 days after I stopped taking 10 mg per day Abilify. It was a highly visual try with very strong synaethesia. A real beauty.

However attempts to trip over the next month after that were very muted even at much high doses. I think was from taking occasional top up Abilify as well as compounding LSD tolerance.

So I suspect that if you take 4 days off the pill and take a decency sized dose you’ll get a trip out of it.

Note that that Abilify works directly on the 5HTP2A and D2 receptors that LSD does and thus can be expected to directly block LSD. In my experience a load of Abilify in your system even when you’ve taken a few days off shortens the trip as well.

This is one of this cases where you have to try it and see what happens I think. The half life of Abilify is 95 hours, so if you want to be completely clear you are looking at 2 months. But it is not necessary to be completely clear of any drug that interferes with other drugs. Often 1 or 2 half life’s is more than sufficient. That would be 2 weeks.

Depends on how much acid you have and how much you want to waste experimenting.

I used to take 2,5 to 3 times my regular dose and I would break through I was on 10 MG aripiprazole à day.

I used to take 2,5 to 3 times my regular dose and I would break through I was on 10 MG aripiprazole à day.
Yeah. That’s what worked for me initially. But I think it makes the LSD tolerance come on faster, stronger and longer. Did you ever try and trip multiple days in a row on it?

Yes I would have to increase my dosage exponentially almost.

Same problem with other psychedelics, phenetylamines and NBOmes notably

Yes I would have to increase my dosage exponentially almost.

Same problem with other psychedelics, phenetylamines and NBOmes notably
It’s a bummer. I went from having my mind blown and being put into a depersonalised coma from three tabs of something recently to munching 30 tabs of the same stuff and just feeling dizzy over not much more than a week. I learned a valuable lesson about patience though. Expensive lesson too.