• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD-25 storage observations

I have an emergency stash supply placed inside a Wrigley's wrapper and stored inside my wallet. Six months and zero decomposition, zilch. Sadly with the thicker blotter papers storage inside a book is not feasible.

I use foil too. I stored some on a candy wrapped in foil for three years at room temperature with no loss in potency. I keep liquid in the freezer and never have any problems.

I personally believe lysergamides are much more stable than people make them out to be. Ive had a sheet of ALD 52 in a plastic bag in my back pack for like 3 months in summer heat and noticed really no degradation. the tabs were slightly yellowed, but were like that when i got them.

I know its not LSD 25 but i think 1P and 1A LSD likely have very similar shelf life

I tend to agree somewhat, but I’m the kinda guy that stores Mescaline in the freezer haha despite its ability to survive thousands of years, any amount of degradation is too much.

I’ve only heard one story of possible degradation over all my years, probably 10yrs back my little brother left a strip in a hot car where temps reached 90F outside of the car I can imagine much hotter inside. He swears the hits seemed degraded but I wonder if it was just a hotspot issue.

I’m more worried about my DMT degrading than my LSD. Depending on its purity it can melt to an orange wax in fairly low temps and quicker than one would expect. But if DMT is of the utmost purity it too can survive in just about any condition. I actually had some very pure shard DMT sit in my wallet unbeknownst to me for almost a year before it magically fell out one day and upon opening looked just as pure as the day I “lost” it.

I’d be willing to bet purity plays a role in LSD degradation too. With lots of highly pure dose floating around hopefully it’s less of a risk now than ever before.

-GC

an interesting note, in an old news letter from a reputable lysergamide and tryptamine vendor, they addressed the issue of lysergamide stability. they mentioned leaving 10 mg of 1P LSD crystal and I believe 10 mg of ALD 52 crystal on a piece of cardboard just in a cabinet drawer for several months. they let it sit in this openish air environment and checked on it periodically. I believe some discoloration was observed as the crystals took on a yellowish hue, but after the couple months they sent both powders to be tested and they both came back as the 98%+ pure chemicals they were to begin with