View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSA_Aqueous

CrimsonRambeller820

Bluelighter
Wondering if anyone has the equipment to try or has tried taking the final product of the basic LSA extraction and taking the goop or powder youre supposed to get from that and putting it through a distillation apparuatus. The distillate would be %100 pure LSA and one could sell it as acid at that point or put it on blotter paper or gels. If this would work and the heat from distilling wouldn't destroy the LSA, your final product would glow blue under blacklight. Please let me know if this can be done, I was a little late in getting the pandemic support money but if this is a project that produces a good psycedelic I don't mind sharing my idea.(At least until it can be done myself) Please be communitive and tight-nitt; as I feel like this is quite the abstract idea that maybe hasn't been thought of yet but is less simple than an LSD preparation where you would yeild a comparable product with this one.

Many have tried LSA extractions before you and all have failed that I can tell.

OP you’ve got a lot of research to do... Idk where to begin really.

You sound like your intentions are to sell the end product as “acid.” Your chemistry knowledge is about rudimentary as it comes, and shows you’ve done near zero research before coming to ask this.

LSA is heat sensitive, as are most ergoloids. Also I wouldn’t recommend trying to distill freebase anything from a crude mixture, especially one which contains base and could degrade the product in the process. No way you could distill out the freebase successfully.

I have tried many different LSA extraction techniques. If you look elsewhere in this forum you’ll find threads which go over the fact LSA isn’t even the true psychoactive component, it’s LSH. LSH is very unstable and highest in fresh seeds. Extraction teks often degrade this to LSA.

The best way to consume is to use fresh as possible morning glory seeds, and do a very quick CWE, which is then consumed immediately.

Short Answer; no you can’t make fake acid blotters of LSA to sell to your friends.

-GC

OP you’ve got a lot of research to do... Idk where to begin really.

You sound like your intentions are to sell the end product as “acid.” Your chemistry knowledge is about rudimentary as it comes, and shows you’ve done near zero research before coming to ask this.

LSA is heat sensitive, as are most ergoloids. Also I wouldn’t recommend trying to distill freebase anything from a crude mixture, especially one which contains base and could degrade the product in the process. No way you could distill out the freebase successfully.

I have tried many different LSA extraction techniques. If you look elsewhere in this forum you’ll find threads which go over the fact LSA isn’t even the true psychoactive component, it’s LSH. LSH is very unstable and highest in fresh seeds. Extraction teks often degrade this to LSA.

The best way to consume is to use fresh as possible morning glory seeds, and do a very quick CWE, which is then consumed immediately.

Short Answer; no you can’t make fake acid blotters of LSA to sell to your friends.

-GC
In the meantime I'm gonna do research on LSH, taking from what you said and combined with my experience; a degradation of the most potent psychoactive substance in morning glory/HBWR seeds by heat, time/age, or this manipulation of LSA into LSH seems to follow all logic. You are right and although I don't have knowledge in rudementary chemistry I feel it's possible to get there if my intentions are in the right place. And they really are; as opposed to high school freshman year when I got banned from taking any chemistry classes for making threats. I assure you I not only have the patience but but the skill in trying to get that extract-synthesis down. Ty hope you are having a good day.

I know it's been a while but I recently came across some info of converting LSA into LSD. While the method obviously doesn't include a distillation apparatus for any of the Ergotomides, is this how I can get my start? I wonder if this method is used by people who can't get the ergot purpea mold and might account for the bitter taste in some of the LSD I get from "backyard chemists".

I live in a state where Naptha is illegal. Can anyone help me with what I can use for the first stage of extraction instead? All the YouTube videos say naptha which is not accessable.

Lsa isnt anything like lsd its just some bullshit drowsy feeling that makes you feel really hot and flushed.

Lsa isnt anything like lsd its just some bullshit drowsy feeling that makes you feel really hot and flushed.
For sure. I see some great potential when mixed with mushrooms. LSA would probably be ideal to have in the extracted form, not because it's a precursor to LSD, but simply to dose easier with mushrooms. And it's been impossible for me to get MG seeds down even in a water tincture. The taste is so awful and it does something to me that makes it difficult to eat even one HBWR seed.

Great! That's neat, @simstim
I really appreciate your interest in the LSA extracts. I believe alot can be done with the chemical and I'm looking forward to my hydrolysis experiment with HBWR. In the meantime, I put about 30 seeds through a polar-nonpolar extract with just CA zippo lighter fluid and %70 iso alch, and let it evap in a bowl with a cracker jacks stamp in the center. It took some days to dry, but once fully dry I took the tab and scraped up the goo, which probably had some alcohol not fully died yet in it, because it somewhat dissolved the gel capsule I put it in. Anyway, I had dropped the caps and went to sleep and definitely felt some sort of closed eye visuals similar yet different from shrooms, though that might have been bcuz I had taken a very small sub gram dose of shrooms a few hours before hand. Why the black goo, I don't know, but there was a wikihow page that described basically a water extraction and evaporation over low heat during the course of a week which resulted in black goo. I have one of these cheap Walgreens coil stoves but I'm not comfortable leaving it on for a week, and that's not the direction I'm trying to go. One thing that works very good is a water extraction with morning glory seed powder scrunched up in a coffee filter and let to sit in a bowl of water in the fridge overnight. It tastes terrible, but if you mix some pineapple drink mix in it you don't notice much of anything. Two cups can give you the closed eye visuals I'm talking about. @DrumTripper I enormously appreciate your interest and attention to this thread, and my apologies it took me a couple days to reply. I try to avoid anything containing alcohol, but the Sherry wine thing you've talked about was interesting. I have currently blooming morning glories that will provide lots of fresh seed to experiment with, but as mentioned any extract can degrade the LSH into LSA, so again hydrolysis might be my best bet for a successful experience that I can enjoy with minimal body load and ease of dosing. In the meantime I shall try the methanol extract, if I can get some in this state.

I never tried with ISO, but I’d recommend using 99% instead of 70%. The 70 contains some other things, even a bit of fragrance in some cases. That may also be part of the reason the goo didn’t want to harden or fully dry - the other stuff in the rubbing alcohol bottle being the culprit. But it still worked!
I usually do it once or twice per year, but you’ve stoked me to maybe try this in the summer (usually a Fall thing), which would mean me getting some seeds. I always pick them myself, so this time I’d be buying. That alone sketches me out, as I can’t be certain of the age, origin, or purity of the seeds. But some research should turn up a few good sources. Anyway, rock on and enjoy the weekend!

I never tried with ISO, but I’d recommend using 99% instead of 70%. The 70 contains some other things, even a bit of fragrance in some cases. That may also be part of the reason the goo didn’t want to harden or fully dry - the other stuff in the rubbing alcohol bottle being the culprit. But it still worked!
I usually do it once or twice per year, but you’ve stoked me to maybe try this in the summer (usually a Fall thing), which would mean me getting some seeds. I always pick them myself, so this time I’d be buying. That alone sketches me out, as I can’t be certain of the age, origin, or purity of the seeds. But some research should turn up a few good sources. Anyway, rock on and enjoy the weekend!
Thank you! Yes the weekend was nice\m/ for sure, I will try the 99% thing I will do iso if I can find it, but I also know I can get everclear which is basically the same thing and it seems like whatever one uses either iso alch or everclear you end up with a goo. So it's ok. And yeah man a few threads back on the subject there was an essentric guy who posted about removing the pesticides in store bought seeds by soaking in a lukewarm recently boiled salt water solution a couple times. That worked for the proceeding water extraction I just mentioned, from Stover seeds. The whole gene manipulation thing by Monsanto kinda sketches me out, so this fall I will indeed try fresh home grown ones. I totally understand some trips being seasonal. Nutmeg is kind of like that for me as I really enjoy the trip. Next time I trip on it I will combine it with a couple grams of shrooms.

Do your research into nutmeg; although I’ve been on a 36 hour wall-breathing trip with it, nutmeg is known to cause liver damage at psychedelic doses. And you reaaly need your liver!
As to MG seeds, I’d of course prefer everclear to iso any day, so go with that if you can get it.
I get my iso at Safeway, or any drug store - but it may be difficult where you are locate.
Of course there is also HBWR seeds - pretty similar effects, much less material required.

There are also a bunch of clavines in MG and other alkaloids, so variations are to be expecte.

Last edited:
Okay guys, I'm back, more than a year later, and with the knowledge and equipment enough to ask more important questions which was the reason for me making this post(and ngl this account). So, heat would be a problem when working with lysergic acid right? Fortunately, a rotovap may be the solution here. So I was thinking, doing a defat with petroleum medium aliphatic naphtha then soaking in ethanol, and putting that in the rotovap since there's a vacuum inside the rotovap and that would cause the boiling point of the ethanol to be way, way less therefore not to damage the fragile lysergimades. The ethanol would be boiled off, collected and recycled, and once you get down to a low amount one could just evaporate that LSA gunk but I think it would be a hair cleaner. I'm not sure. Maybe the LSA would actually be carried over with the ethanol. Any feedback/imput/advice would be excellent. I've looked up Kash's advanced Tek though I still need to come across some dcm or just use chloroform though I still don't get the acid base theory too well. No matter, that's what I'm really after. Pure liquid LSA one could drop on a sugar cube or make blotter or whatever.

Simply grind the seeds to a fine powder, soak in a sealed jar of methanol for 2-3 days, filter seeds out of the solution with coffee filters, and then you can dry the solution in front of a fan.

A real rotovap can boil alcohol at room temperature and will be much faster than using a fan.

I fucked up and used a double boiler to dry the crystals the last time and I think some of the LSA was degraded.

I was scraping up clearish, light tan crystals in one extraction. Just extract and evaporate the methanol. Boom. LSA crystals.

I posted pics in the shroomery, and people were like "wow, that looks like dmt!"

Simply grind the seeds to a fine powder, soak in a sealed jar of methanol for 2-3 days, filter seeds out of the solution with coffee filters, and then you can dry the solution in front of a fan.

A real rotovap can boil alcohol at room temperature and will be much faster than using a fan.

I fucked up and used a double boiler to dry the crystals the last time and I think some of the LSA was degraded.

I was scraping up clearish, light tan crystals in one extraction. Just extract and evaporate the methanol. Boom. LSA crystals.

I posted pics in the shroomery, and people were like "wow, that looks like dmt!"
That's so amazing man. I have a slight aversion to methanol because of the whole "blindness" issue. I don't wanna take any risks but I think I would try this with ethanol and I hear somewhere that methanol is better. So you're saying to soak in methanol, filter, then evap followed by scraping crystals to dissolve in in methanol/ethanol and put that in the rotovap, distil it all over and evap that? Or is the rotovap unnecessary or good for getting most of the solvent over so you have less to work with? I imagine if I have crystals on the sides of the glass I'm going to have to redissolve them in something anyway.