Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSA in Australia

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
I've been informed by a reliable source that some Homer Simpsons, Blanks and possibly also Cheshire Cats circulating in Brisbane contain lysergic amide (LSA). 2006 saw lots of this stuff available, and HR outreach groups were frequently involved in interventions where LSA was a contributing factor.

Regular use of LSA extracts should be carefully considered as side effects can be many and excessive use could possibly also result in chronic toxicity. Reports included side effects such as vomiting, liver problems, sores and other skin disorders as well as consistent feelings of lethargy and ill health. It has also been reported by once regular users (weekly-monthly use) that symptoms usually disappear after ceasing use for a couple of months.

LSA, is usually prepared from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds or less commonly from varieties of morning glory seeds. However, unless advanced forms of chromatography are used, the extracts will also contain other alkaloids some of which may be causing these health problems.

There's no evidence to back up that claim. LSA is very unstable, loosing potency in a few weeks, even if stored perfectly. Also the dose needed is 10X LSD, and u would struggle to fit that enough on a 5mm square. I have been reliably informed that no Blotters in Oz have ever tested positive for LSA. This seems to be an old myth that still gets around when people get wat they call dirty "cid", just like how people also think they can get a speedy trip.

LSD degregation into Iso-LSD and Lumi-LSD are more likely the offending culpurates when LSA is thought to be the key ingredient. Tests have prooved acid in Australia is generally LSD, occasionally completely blank with no LSD or very rarely, a RC like Bromo-dragonfly, DOM, but I've not once seen a Blotter forensic analysis that showed positive for LSA

LSA is a major Vasoconstrictor, causes pains in lower extremities from lowered blood flow and cann even lead to gangrin if used in excess. With limbs needing amputation.

I agree about QLD tabs containing LSA. There has been many over the past few years. They normally orginate from the sunshine coast or around there. I remember stars, and getafix's that contained LSA extract. One tab didn't do a great deal, but it could make you nauseous and cause temporary bowel problems.

Splatt said:
I agree about QLD tabs containing LSA. There has been many over the past few years. They normally orginate from the sunshine coast or around there. I remember stars, and getafix's that contained LSA extract. One tab didn't do a great deal, but it could make you nauseous and cause temporary bowel problems.

And wat evidence do u have to support this theory? There are so many reasons why this is urban myth I can't even be bothered pointing them all out. Maybe I'll make a sticky worthy thread on such a subject.

Because LSA-like alkaloids are a lot different to real LSD. More body load, less visuals, less mental stimulation, more cramps and stomach pains. Doesn't last as long, sleep is easier than on LSD.

Splatt said:
Because LSA-like alkaloids are a lot different to real LSD. More body load, less visuals, less mental stimulation, more cramps and stomach pains. Doesn't last as long, sleep is easier than on LSD.

So no actual evidence, just heresay.

It is far more likely to be one of the few RC's who's dosage is low enough to fit on a blotter.

REad, clenliness is next to godliness.

If this is anything lysergic related, then it would be from poor synth and byproducts, rather than attempted substitutes.

As a Mod, I really think u shoulddd have more evidence than just heresay.

Can I come over to yours and use your GC/MS units proving that all blotters in Australia are LSD? kthx.

Maybe you are right, it is just poorly synth acid, someone tried to start from LSA, which will result in a dodgey bunch of compounds.

But the tabs I thought were LSA (or something simular) were not RCs They had that LSA-feeling to them and the exact same cramps, and bad bowel movements and nausea I get from them. Also a feeling like one side of your body is off and not getting enough blood circulation, especailly to any extremedies. I find the sea of consciousness LSA gives you is pretty unique, and fits somewhere in between MDA and low-medium dose LSD.

I appologise for coming to conclusions, but I meant it as more of an opinion.
But 2mg of LSA would fit onto a blotter, maybe a standard sized (or slightly thicker?) one even. 2mg is enough for some basic psychedelic effects and body load, while 5-6mg would probably be a full trip.

Last edited:
When the stuff first circulated I was actually shown a bottle of what was supposed to be LSA extract. It looked exactly like the photo on Erowid - an impure looking brown colour. I know several experienced LSD users who were alternating their trips with LSA. A group of these people who claimed to be experienced with MG, Woodrose seeds, tryptamines etc, seemed convinced this was LSA. The blank blotters I was shown were large and thick.

The story - and yes, it's just a story - went that someone imported vast amounts of woodrose seeds, extracted the amide and distributed around Brisbane and the northern coast.

Naja, I tend to question your comment regarding shelf life. In my teens I extracted LSA from morning glory seeds and while I acknowledge there is some variation between Hawaiian baby woodrose and MG, I kept the product for almost a year before using it and it worked fine - t'was my first trip.

The stuff was everywhere last year. But no, apart from observing it being tested with a p- dimethylaminobenzaldehyde reagent, I was not able to further substantiate what this was.

I think LSA (in seed form) lasts longer than LSD in improper storage conditions.

Hope you don't mind p_d but I think this discussion of LSA deserves it's own thread :)

Would inexperienced LSD users be able to easily differentiate between a LSD and LSA experience?

^YES! You can feel sick - vomitting and worse - after about an hour. The trip is not like acid, not as intense more of a headfuck! not recconmended if u like lsd... so much more fun :)

O.K. I think LSA would be fairly stable if protected from UV, heat and oxygen if it was it it's tartrate form, however it would most likely be impossible to fit an active dose onto a single blotter, especially as a tartrate salt. Also, since the blotter offers no light or oxygen protection, degredation would probably be noticable in a very short time.

So liquid LSA is certainly a real possibility and if made from ultra fresh seeds should be very pleasant indeed with no leg cramps, vomiting, nausea, etc. Fresh HBWR is way nice and alot more pleasant than old, poorly stored seed, so extracts should follow a similar curve in niceness.

As for cramps and stuff goes as an indicator for plant based LSA as a starting material, this theory is also flawed as many ergotamine related compounds cause severe vasoconstriction, so by-products from a flawed paspalic or ergot culture could also result in very unpleasant sideffects. These are probably still presant because of skipping column chromatography.

No matter wat the starting material, Lysergic acid monohydrate is the base molecule they start from and LSA from either source is easily hydrolised to the monohydrate. If they are are now making use of new synth teks, although the final product is very pure, the small amount of contaminant could be very unpleasant indeed, once again they should have chromatographed it to purify it to 99.9%, but that takes time and time is money. Luckily, I think most acid cooks would be in it for other reasons beside profit and any chemist would strive to achi=eive it as pure as possible.

ANywayz, who really knows except the High preists of labware.

Oh, and if ya want to send any samples u want GC/MS tested, feel free as my mouth has recently been fitted out with all the nessisary equipment for just such tests. :p

lol :)

I do disagree with fresh HBWR seeds having no sickness, or cramps or pains though. I had the fresh Alligator Creek variety from QLD, and there were many side effects.

did you pick the seeds from the vine yourself or were they posted to you? from personal experience i would agree that seeds straight from the vine to mouth have little to none of the adverse effects which increase the longer the seeds have been picked

They were apparently freshly picked and posted the next day, with overnight delivery.

Yeah I did, alhough I've heard that it doesn't really help, I do anyway.
Then I soak them in warm water for a little while so they become chewable to small pieces, then I drink the water.

how warm is warm? even without UV or oxygen, heat has a major destructive power. Next time just grind in coffee grinder, soak in 1 shot of vodka for 24-48 hours in fridge, strain, add redbull to taste and drink.

No nausea, no leg cramps just fun fun fun. Only with fresh seeds though. The effects u describe are common in any seed over a month old. Could have just bee n that strain though.

I'll remember that for next time. The water wasn't that warm. The warmest it can be before being cool :)