• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lowering Opioid Tolerance with Magnesium + DXM?

Razu_

Greenlighter
I tried both 30 MG Dxm seemed to enhance it about 5-8% at most, 300 MG chelated Magnesium also seemed to enhance DHC effects at first so i could lower my dosage, But on other days Magnesium seemed to reduce Opioid dopaminergic effects. So im really confused. Has anyone experimented with Magnesium and Opioid tolerance? If Magnesium works on NMDA receptors i assume its best to take an Opioid 30 min after Magnesium ingestion. If the Magnesium is taken before sleep i would be asleep while it works on NMDA receptors can it still reduce tolerance this way? Or is the tolerance is only reduced in a 30-1 Hr timewindow after taking Magnesium and afterwards the Opioid?

Attachments

• Jh7pRK7.png
    Jh7pRK7.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 5
It would seem to me that opiates and dxm would have a cross-tolerance but I don't remember for sure. I'm only taking 100mg tramadol a day now so there is no real tolerance but since I have so much magnesium around I might try it anyway.

There have been studies which link dextromethorphan to slowing down the growth of tolerance but not necessarily washing out existing tolerance. The one thing I recall about magnesium is that a pharmacology textbook from 1913 mentioned some kind of morphine-magnesium sulphate (Epsom salt) mixture that increases the duration of action of IM morphine to 20 hours. There were not enough details for me to try it, however. I periodically go to a resort in Slovenia where the water has a very high magnesium content, including, I believe, a low proportion of a mildly radioactive isotope thereof, and it does help my spine.