• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lower dose of Hydrocodone/Same effect?

VerbMyNoun

Greenlighter
This is my first post so please feel free to point out ridiculousness herein (as you would anyway I suppose). This is kind of a two-parter; I apologize if this is improper format.

1.) Moving from roughly an 18.75-22.5 mg dose to a 15 mg dose, is it possible for the same effect to be achieved assuming potentiation had always been used (tonic water, GFJ, cimetidine, diphenhydramine, dxm)? {Basically, take a little less and have same effect} - More potentiation? something beyond potentiation? -- This kind of leads into the next question --

2.) It is understood that alcohol and opiates is a stupid idea - but, philosophically speaking, would beer help more before or after dose? (I know there are similar questions, but this one deals specifically with timeline: T -30/ T +30, before or after, etc...) There has been experimentation on this, but results were slightly inconclusive.

[I read the guidelines well, but I'm not sure if my "technical writing"/"non-first person" style is enough to achieve non-incrimination...]

Thanks

Last edited:
I would imagine that alcohol is not really potentiating, just adding another substance so its more like its enhancing the high you feel by adding a different type of high. As for the potentiation question with other doses, I think that if you could add a small amount of tramadol or gabapentin that may help. I don't know about dxm for the same reason as the alcohol, I feel like it wouldn't be potentiating it as much as just adding another high to it.

Assuming potentiation had always been used, you're pretty much stuck if you were to rely solely on the hydro (although it would still give you some relief no matter what).
Alcohol and a low dose of hydro like that isn't that dangerous, but it just doesn't seem to be the best combo as far as synergizing drugs goes...
I mean you could try and drink a couple beers or something with it (don't drink that much as it would interfere with the opiate's effects) and that may get you to an overall more "fucked up" place, but it wouldn't be something to go home about.

Basically, if you wanna avoid all that bullshit, just get more hydro...

I don't like alcohol with low dose hydro, it just makes me feel nauseous and like shit. As long as you are on an empty stomach and use potentiators it should produce almost the exact same effect as long as your tolerance has always been low. Again I would like to discourage alcohol because of the liver damage when used with apap, greater chance of an OD, and for me it makes me feel worse when I take opiates.

Vicodin leads to Oxy and if you dont quit by that time which most people dont do you get into H. Opiates wont be your answer Im having heroin cravings while I just got off oxy 2 weeks ago...and never touched heroin before...these thoughts can kill you sometimes