• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low dose or ultra low dose naltrexone for post acute withdrawal syndrome?

Hi doesn't the naltrexone give precipitated withdrawals while your taking subs? even a small dose naltrexone can throw someone into some kind of withdrawal right?

I must admit I am interested in this route, I have read quite a bit on it, and the most I got was LDN does not do it it in the long run (mainly from sub users).

Hope more people can chime in here and tell us if they tried LDN during PAWS.

I do use the 50mg revia tablets to make up my ultra low doses. I crush up half a 50mg pill (25mg), and mix that into 25mls of water, so I should have 1mg per 1ml. I then take 1ml of that and put it into 200mls vodka, ending up with 5mcg per ml. I find the vodka necessary as a mixture in water seems to go funky very quickly. I once put a naltrexone/water mix inside a syringe to give to a friend, and within a couple days it was looking very off, with large white, flaky chunks floating around - far more than just the solids settling out.

I wonder if anyone happens to know whether naltrexone hydrochlorid reacts with ethanol in a water solution?

I understand that naltrexone hydrochlorid is soluble in water and I can see a point in using vodka to prevent bacterial growth in the solution. However so far I've been unsuccessful in trying to find a reliable source telling if revia remains revia also in vodka or if it reacts with ethanol.

Anyone out there being able to shed some light into this?

ANI, this doesn't directly answer your question, but I found it useful: "Naltrexone 1 mg/mL oral liquids prepared from tablets or powder are stable when stored in the dark for 60 days at 4 degrees C and for 30 days at 25 degrees C." http://ldn.proboards.com/thread/1468 It seems that a pharmacist (Larry Frieders) performed some kind of test on compounded ULDN and concluded that it is somewhat stable, even without ethanol.

Today is my first day trying ULDN. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll share the results.

Sorry my tablet automatically corrected mics to misc. I put it in the fridge and the dilution is such that 100 mics is per tablespoon of solution.

I'm really experimenting with it to see if it can help with neuro pain that seems tied to emf exposure (glial cell problems?). There are gaba issues for sure based on response to occasional 2.5 mg doses of valium. I started very low bc I am extremely sensitive to any meds. In fact I can feel the pins and needles all over getting worse as I punch this out on my tablet....going to go outside and ground myself now...

I am also comt ++ which means I break down dopamine etc much slower than normal. That's all for now.

Hey there .

I deeply believe in low dose naltrexone for everyone . It abolishes PAWs the day after you take it . It's funny after you take your first dose after having had an addiction , your nose opens up and you can smell again , much better than before.

Exercise becomes intoxicating . I have been dissolved over a elliptical machine in ecstasy from all the endorphins . Your mood brightens up . Life becomes rewarding again .

I started when I had HCV a few years ago . My viral load was 2 million a blood unit . After low dose naltrexone for a month (under 5 mg) , my viral load went down to 2000 . This was a dramatic change . It had amazing effects on the immune system . My skin clears up , my wounds heal . You don't get sick anymore.

One must be careful if you use again . You will have supra-sensitivity to opiates . I used after taking it for a month or so and acutely overdosed . It happened again and again . Granted , they weren't that severe in intensity or I wouldn't have survived , I think .

The effect on inflammation is very dramatic . An hour after dosing , one can tell that inflammation has gone down . I gave a vial to a friend who had a terrible autoimmune disease which attacked her body and joints and made her very inflamed . The next morning she came out of her room and looked completely different due to the inflammation going down . She said she felt much better and she looked just amazing.

The next day after dosing you wake up in less pain , not achy jointwise , and giddy . Low dose naltrexone has left me in the morning , 300% endorphin boost , rolling around in my bed like a cat , in joy and feeling so good .

I got a script a while ago and dissolve a 50 mg revia in 50 mls of water with some citric acid , yielding a 1 ml = 1 mg solution . The cap conveniently measures 5 mgs . I have had some success at distributing it among friends ... Everyone who has tried it has really liked it . Heard of it busting a panic attack from someone . I could see that,as I read somewhere and have notice a dramatic reduction in catecholamine levels almost right after dosing .

Over 5 mgs is not helpful . I like around 3 at first , then will take more if I feel I need it .

There is an active metabolite that builds up and goes against what we are trying to do here . I would take a break every few weeks for 2 days or so . It really helps and if taken for too long without a break, it can backfire .

I would be really weary of trying to take small doses to boost opiates . I remember anything above like 150 ug would cause severe withdrawal .

PM me if you have any specific questions about LDN I can answer . I have a lot of experience with it.

- lenses

Thanks for this post. I'm a long term LDN user of 3.5mg at bedtime for chronic medical condition which is controlled. (PCOS). I needed to undergo surgery which required Percocet 5-325 use for almost two weeks. I quickly started needing more than the 6 Percocets per day and obsessing. Today, I am about 24 hrs since last dose of Percocet and freaking out. Sweating buckets, dilated pupils, cramps and anxiety. Want to use ULDN for PAWS and slowly ramp up to my prior LDN dose, if posible. I have a history of opioid and alcohol use but have been clean for 18 months. Until operation 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking 1mcg every 8 hrs and increase daily until back to 3mg at bedtime? I have no ideas and don't want to make this worse! I know that I can get more Percocet but am terrified to even be contemplating it.
Thanks in advance for any input.

I'd love to hear updates from those in this thread who previously experienced success from either LDN or ULDN. How are you now? Any new thoughts or opinions? Thank you!

I'd love to hear updates from those in this thread who previously experienced success from either LDN or ULDN. How are you now? Any new thoughts or opinions? Thank you!

I'm not sure if bumping an old thread is allowed, but my doctor prescribed me Naltrexone 50mg in the summer, and I filled it last month. Just today, I took half of a 50mg serrated pill and diluted it in 750mL of filtered water [25mg per 750mL = 25,000mcg per 750mL = 33.3mcg per mL], and then dispensed it onto my tongue with a medical dropped. Since 1mL in the dropper is about 20 drops, that worked out to 1.67mcg per drop, and I took four drops, working out to 8.33mcg. This was three hours ago, almost to the minute.

It could just be my imagination...but I swear, it potentiated the Kratom I am using. It's giving me a sedating feeling that I just wouldn't get with Kratom alone. And it's not just feeling tired...it's a euphoric type of tired.

I am reading mounds of threads on this topic - "Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone" or "ULDN" - and everything I'm reading, including many studies, almost universally agree that ULDN provides benefits in many different areas! For those who are opioid-dependent, precipitated withdrawal [PWD] could definitely occur, so for those who this applies to, be VERY CAREFUL with how much you take. I have been prescribed 50mg Naltrexone tablets, and have used full-agonist opiates THREE TIMES in the past TWO MONTHS [as of tomorrow], and I'm still scared to try anything close to 50mg Naltrexone, lol. I self-administered a 4mg Narcan [Naloxone] nasal spray once, having used methadone two times in the previous nine days, and thought I would be fine, and it shot me into precipitated withdrawals within four minutes. So since that experience, I am very cautious about self-administering any opioid antagonists. I'm not even sure if a full week would be enough, but I imagine sometime between a week and a month since last opiate/opioid use would be when a person could guarantee they would not go into precipitated withdrawals from Naloxone. Naltrexone is probably a little different, but my main point here is:

Be careful!

Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone [ULDN] definitely seems to be hitting the spot for me tonight with the 8.33mcg that I used. Even if my solution was off by a factor of 10 due to an at-home dilution/preparation not being perfect, it would still mean that I took max 83.3mcg of Naltrexone. I definitely wouldn't want to try more than that, at least not until I see how my body reacts to it!

Again - my apologies if bumping this thread was out of line. This topic interests me very much, and I think that ULDN may be able to help a lot of people.