• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) and MDMA

Swim15

Bluelighter
Been looking to see if anyone has experience with this.

I’m a med school student using LDN experimentally as an aid for restoring the cannabanoid system after quitting a 6 year daily smoking habit. Seems to be good so far but still experimenting.

Was curious about combining these? In theory, I believe it would potentiate MDM since the endocannabanoid system has been shown to play a large part in modulating the positive effects of MDMA/amphetamine.

There was one or two people on Reddit that said it was fine but they didn’t elaborate much. Not concerned about safety, rather blunting or potentiation.

Is there any basis/validity in that?
I'm wondering about this as well

the endocannabanoid system has been shown to play a large part in modulating the positive effects of MDMA/amphetamine.
And about this. I remember reading a study at some point that looked at this but if I remember correctly (and I might just as well not be remembering correctly) the modulation was pretty minimal. Do you have some research or other data that points in this direction? I would be very interested to read that, that is a topic I would really like to learn more about

On-topic: I can't add any insight of value, this thread created more questions for me than it did answers, Lol, sorry

Is there any basis/validity in that?

Not a lot scientifically, mostly theory. LDN does work well for a lot of people and we know it upregulates endogenous opioids and cannabinoids - whether or not it will help receptors return to normal faster is an educated theory but my doc didn’t disagree.

With the endocannabinoid and endorphin systems so closely intertwined I could see how it could possibly work. Definitely curious to hear updates if it does or not..

-GC

I'm wondering about this as well

And about this. I remember reading a study at some point that looked at this but if I remember correctly (and I might just as well not be remembering correctly) the modulation was pretty minimal. Do you have some research or other data that points in this direction? I would be very interested to read that, that is a topic I would really like to learn more about

On-topic: I can't add any insight of value, this thread created more questions for me than it did answers, Lol, sorry

I think the jury is out at the moment. The ECS is a highly understudied system but, from what Ive read in recent literature, I think it regulates a LOT more than we previously thought.

Based on my current understanding of medicine, I’d say we know about as much about the smaller complexities of the human body as we do about the ocean floor. ECS falls in that category. Luckily there will be a lot more research in this area in the coming years but it seems to regulate the VTA and mesolimbic system much more than previously thought. I think there’s a huge area of research as it applies to addiction, neurotransmitter modulation, and behavioral adaptation