• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low Dose Naltrexone + endone in system. quick question

Serotoner

Bluelighter
Hi,

i had an endone today (low dose 5mg.. for pain) .. however I would like to start (ASAP) on a course of Low dose naltrexone...

i've read that opiatews should be out of your system before starting this med...

what is the reason? is it actually dangerous or is it more so that the two drugs would clash and therefore not work as effectively?

thanks

Endone is oxycodone, right?
Naltrexone will kick off opioids from your opioid receptors and because it's an antagonists will throw you into withdrawal
With a habit of only 5mg oxycodone it's not really dangerous, but it'll be rather unpleasant

thanks for your quick reply. yeah, correct = oxy..
in your opinion, would i still feel this unpleasant effect even if going on a low dose of naltrexone (eg 3-4mg).

im going on LDN for an autoimmune condition, not to break a habit... although i have been taking oxy (low dose) for a long time

Yeah, you'd feel really unpleasant imo
The most comfortable option would be to stop taking the oxy, wait a few days and then start with naltrexone.
What happens if you forget to take the oxy, like do you get withdrawal symptoms like a runny nose, diarrhea, increased pain etc? Or do you feel more or less fine?

^ yes endone is oxy.

@ Serotoner, as Kleiner stated, if naltexone is taken too soon, after opioid consumption, the subject will endure opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Question, why do you want to start taking naltrexone in the first place??? Are you addicted to opioids or alcohol?

- SS373dOH Soul

^ yes endone is oxy.

@ Serotoner, as Kleiner stated, if naltexone is taken too soon, after opioid consumption, the subject will endure opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Question, why do you want to start taking naltrexone in the first place??? Are you addicted to opioids or alcohol?

- SS373dOH Soul

They're getting on it for an autoimmune disease.

I would stop endone first and see how you are in a couple days, if you're fine you can start the ldn, I don't see how you can continue taking endone if you wanna be on ldn.

Edit: Ummm..... Look, I'm sure there's piles of positive testimonials about ldn and chrons, but it sounds a lot like there's no good science behind the use of ldn for this and many other claimed ailments and diseases ldn proponents claim it can treat. I'm not telling you not to try this, just to be alert to the risk of placebo effect and confirmation bias. Theres a lot of unsupported treatments to lots of diseases especially autoimmune diseases. One of the reason autoimmune diseases and cancer are always the diseases alternative treatments claim to work best at. Because they can spontaneously get better for no clear reason causing statistical probability to have coincidental effect at the some people trying alternative medicine are first trying them. Those individuals mistakingly attribute the improvement on the alternative treatment and their testimonials are published while people it has failed don't tend to write testimonials let alone have them published.

I only say this cause I care, and I hate seeing people using the uncertainty of illness like this to promote unproven cures.

Last edited:
^ Yeah I seen that, they posted the answer, as I was writing my question lol. That's what I get for dicking around, and being slow to hit the "post quick reply" button!

- SS373dOH Soul

I had no idea naltrexone was used for aids, but after doing a little bit of reading on the subject, I found some of the ways they utilize naltrexone is fascinating! Plus that just goes to show you how unreliable wiki is, 'cause on the naltrexone page, under medical uses, they only list alcohol and opioid abuse.

- SS373dOH Soul