• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Low Dose DXM (30mg) + 15mg IR Adderall. Is this still dangerous?

Stimlover22

Bluelighter
So, I'm prescribed Adderall IR 15mg 2x daily. Doctor unaware, but my tolerance to feel any real euphoria anymore takes around 150mg. I've read that DXM can reduce tolerance and that also people with high adderall tolerances have taken it with a lower dose of adderall and it will vastly increase the euphoria from such a small dose of adderall as if you've never taken adderall before.
Everybody almost agrees that this combo is extremely dangerous because of the synergistic effects of increased BP and heart rate from the DXM + Adderall mixed. I'm not an idiot though, haven't found one single report of someone just taking a low therapeutic dose of DXM (30-60mg) with adderall, as if their sole intentions are to take DXM doses of (300mg plus, as if their goal is to reach a plateau and trip + take some adderall). I'm just wanting to take (30mg dxm) and a single adderall IR to see if I get that immense euphoria.

Now since we are talking about a very low dose of DXM I intend to take with a low dose of adderall, unlike some of the idiots that take mega doses of DXM to trip along with their adderall, is there any REAL DANGER of cardiac issues that may arise from a 30mg dxm caplet taken with a 15mg adderall? Probably repeated myself a lot but wanted to reiterate I'd only be taking a very low dose of DXM and my typical adderall 15 IR

** I do have some benzos on hand, temazepam and a few liquid drops of etizolam that I could take if I ever started to feel uncomfortable. Plus a hospital is 5 miles away.

Dxm can keep your Addie tolerance down you should take your Addie's everyday and use a Dxm dose from 50 to 150 around night time or when it wears off I would combine DXM with DPH if you are trying to treat your crash and go to sleep some day you will have to increase the doses because your Addie tolerance will go up DXM won't keep it down forever it will still rise tho

I understand that, but is it safe to dose 30mg of DXM with just 15mgs of adderall? I've read that's its generally a really dangerous combo because dxm both raise HR and BP and sometimes dangerously high when taken together, but most of those reports are from people that decide to take 300mg doses of DXM and then their adderall. I'm just wanting to pop a 30mg dxm pilll along with my addie simultaneously and make sure I won't be asking for trouble.

Some years ago I took 100-150mg of DXM daily together with 18mg of methylphenidate, mostly because of the antidepressant / euphoric effect the DXM has, but it also worked to keep tolerance away. Well, this certainly was too much of the DXM, it strongly increased my pulse to >100bpm often, but it took 2-3 months until I got burning chest pain … even though the doc found nothing abnormal, the pain reoccurred every time I took more than maybe 75mg of DXM even two years later. I don't know what I have done to me, I thought about serotonin / 5-HT2B mediated pulmonary hypertension, but … yes, it can be dangerous.

30mg of DXM with 15mg of adderall sounds relatively benign to me, you can measure your blood pressure and pulse regularly to be sure.
A more selective and well working med to combat tolerance is memantine, but it's prescription only and not yet widely known by doctors for off-label prescription.

Also a selective antagonist would be clonidine, I should have used this in small doses additional to the DXM/MPH...

Let me put it this way: If 30 mgs of DXM and a therapeutic dose of Adderall were a dangerous combo, people with ADHD would be dying in droves every time winter rolls around and they catch a cold.