• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Low Dose Daily Amphetamine Use - Strange Prickly Head Feeling?

BasX

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I'm a long time member but forgot even my username so first post... again. Anyway I've managed to kick my [massive] opioid addiction and have cut down my Suboxone to about 1mg / day. I have a script for 1mg of Xanax / day but usually only take .5 for sleep. I don't smoke much weed anymore. About 6 months ago I started regularly taking prescription amphetamines, maybe 1-2 times a week. Feeling it did wonders for me on almost every level I started taking it a little more often. Now I also extract street amphetamine from pills (I don't take meth) and take a low daily dose. I've spoken to my doctor about getting scripted amps (I like Vyvanse... long duration of action and no jittery BS like Adderall. Thank you d-amp) and think I'll get it next time I see him.

Anyway, ever since I've been extracting the street amp I get a nice powder that practically melts in your fingers (it's that yellowish oil stuff mixed with a B vitamin, comes out looking beautiful, almost like fluffy coke) - needless to say it's a dream to snort. However, since then I get this weird tingling sensation on my scalp. I've read around and I guess it's fairly normal, but I'm snorting this shit daily now and I'm worried that although it's 'normal' it's not 'safe'. It doesn't really happen if I take the stuff orally. I figure it must be because I'm absorbing more amp straight to my head, quickly producing vasoconstriction, rather than through my body. But still, wtf is this? Is it just rapid vasoconstriction or my blood pressure rising to the point I can feel it in my scalp, or am I fuckin burning through dopamine receptors like they're disposable? I know you shouldn't 'feel' what happens in your brain, but still...

I have taken multiple breaks for days to weeks but seriously, my dose is so low that I literally only see the benefits (other than this tingly feeling on my head). I'm to the point I can sleep just fine at the end of the day (although the low dose Xanax may be the reason for that). Since I've taken the stuff I'm more motivated, wake up just fine, meet new women like every week, and just feel way better. Also, for some reason coke just doesn't work for me like it does others - it makes me instantly feel anxious and shitty, but amps are just fine. I'm starting to think I've had some dopamine imbalance in my head since I quit taking extreme amounts of intoxicants (seriously did enough fentanyl a day to kill a horse, abused the shit out mdma when i was younger, smoked weed daily, etc.... although this was more because I had massive amounts on me at all times, not because I necessarily think I'm a true uncontrollable addict).

Thoughts on whether this can be sustainable and wtf this head feeling is please.

Last edited: