• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low Dose Bupe and Codeine

BasX

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I'm now on a 0.5-1mg dose of bupe. I feel like my tolerance has normalized for the most part (I know this is still a pretty significant dose for a naive individual).

Would I be able to get any effects off codeine or would it be a waste of time? I'd run a CWE to get doses of between 200-300mg. Someone with personal experience please, not really interested in opiate conversion charts on this due to the behavior of bupe at low doses.

If you take it around the 12 hour mark taking 0.5 mg you will likely feel it. Your tolerance may be lower than you think though so be careful with your dosing.

Thanks for the concern. I could easily take 8mg of subs w/o any undesirable effects; tolerance ain't an issue with codeine. It was a bitch to get down to here tho, no thanks to an incredibly unnecessary 16mg/day starting point. I just remember back in the day being able to ween off oxy's with codeine. Jumping off 100mg of codeine had virtually no w/d. Want to see if I can do the same with bupe.

Hmm... codiene is so variable

Is your purpose full agonist effects, or jumping off? Because if you plan to taper, you should lower the bupe dose a bitwe

Remember buprenorphine is actually at 250 micrograms or so(without much tolerance) so 1mg per day is bigger than you thinking

At microgram doses, you can switch to a more typical agonist that wears off faster, at a low/equivalent dose, and then drop and jump from yheret

Get to 0.5mg or less per standards and can make some (likely) decent suggestions- if it's for effect, codiene isn't worth it, although maybe it is because ease of getting? Still think hydro or oxy (the codones, not morphinian!) as at least a backup would be ideal-although things sometimes are not

Couldn't get hydro or oxy's anymore. Want to know the secret to kicking a habit? Just move cities and start over. Focus on career and avoid people with drugs. I couldn't find strong opioids even if i tried - I'd have to take a flight and even then, not sure I could. I'd have to order the shit online.

Thanks for the reply

^Could you answer question? Is it for kicking(without a change of scenery) or is it simply to change things up with a full agonist?

^ Heh good answer

You'd be set with a bit lower tolerance, though give it a whirl, and keep in mind histamine release-you should consider some type of antihistamine- first gen, diphenhydramine or doxlyamine, otherwise Cetirizine my otc US suggestions

Hydroxyzine is the best, and of course people actually I'd promethazine-oh be careful, many are inhibitors-Cetirizine and hydroxyzine(which produces Cetirizine as a metabolite) are not

So maybe go 2bd gen, otherwise take a first gen AFTER taking the codiene to avoid reducing morphine production