• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos low dose benzo withdrawal

benzoheadplus44

Bluelighter
I was put back on klonopin 1mg tid in jail... when I got out I had two scripts and abused it a bit... I was only really on it for 2 months this time, but I did notice "minor" (if you consider agoraphobia and severe anxiety and social phobia minor as it could have been way worse... I'm past the seizure bullshit, and I know that because I ran out of 1200mg TID gabapentin a day on the same day and I take wellbutrin....) withdrawal and cold turkeyed a week ago... So I'm way past the seizure point, as its been 7 days but the mental torture it was causing was terrible... I got my hands on 4 mg, took 3 today, and I'll take 1mg tomorrow in the AM. Do you think this was foolish and may put me back at ground zero?

I am also probably going to be getting money for a train ticket to relocate if I can't handle waiting one more week to see a Dr. just because I want to get out of my area, and out of this shelter... when I get there if it'd be tomorrow and I can't wait the week and say fuck waiting the week for my drs appt next thursday... I'm gonna go to an ER pull the mental health check in and get situated with a program afterward in a bigger area, they can verify my scrips and release me with their own from there... then I can taper proper like I should have... Now If I wait a week and get my scrips I'll still do the same thing no matter where I go just to fast track mental health.... I've done this many times and it gets you into programs quicker....

anyway... What I did today shouldn't hurt my withdrawal right? I got a mg for tomorrow, and I was only on .5mg bid for three weeks, then 1mg bid for 4 weeks, then 1mg tid for another week, then when I got out I thought I had enough extra to fuck around with... well I didn't... so I know this is mild compared to most cases....

Any feedback on this would be appreciated...

I just want to know if trying to alleviate symptoms by taking what I took and the mg for tomorrow morning will restart w/d. In your opinions.... My main symptoms were as listed above, plus a huge sense of depression... I also went through a rough breakup which is why I said "fuck it" toward the end... I should have been smarter on that. I feel normal today. I took 2mg in AM and 1mg Later on.... 1mg tomorrow AM and I should be okay I'd imagine... it's just me trying to alleviate the horribleness and get it to be bearable. If I cant hold out a week... well... I'm sure once I go on the bus westward far enough away to a bigger area and check myself in for "suicidal ideation" (I hate using the system) they can give me a scrip with a lower dose to taper on after I leave out... maybe .5s instead of 1mgs... or I could snap the 1mg in half regardless idk... have more to work with taper wise...

like I said did doing this today just screw me and will restart withdrawals upon tomorrows wearing off? IYHO.

2 months on ain't really shit... compared to what I've been on before in higher way higher doses.

The benzos you took will kick your withdrawals back up a notch, how much who knows.

I use opiates when coming off benzos or alcohol (I've never gone hard enough for a seizure or DTs I've had some minor trembling in my fingers at absolute worse.) Kratom probably the safest. That said this is not advice or a prescription.

For me benzos are way worse than opiates, and I haven't had anywhere near the benzo tolerance/addiction. If I spend a week or so doing xanax bars (2-4mg a day) I feel like I'm going completely fucking bonkers with anxiety when I stop. Opiate withdrawal is fucking awful but I don't worry about seizures or feel like the nuthouse would be a suitable home.

With the wide range of reactions and responses to gabaergics and the cessation thereof it's impossible to give you a black and white answer but if you will be seeing a doctor in a week try to make that last mg last a couple days. To smooth out the sine wave if you know what I mean. Some people have an issue known as the Kindling Effect that makes successive W/D's worse and worse. Using small amounts of can also bring about a W/D effect greater than would be seen by a sedative naive user as well so this might be something to consider.

For me benzos are way worse than opiates, and I haven't had anywhere near the benzo tolerance/addiction. If I spend a week or so doing xanax bars (2-4mg a day) I feel like I'm going completely fucking bonkers with anxiety when I stop. Opiate withdrawal is fucking awful but I don't worry about seizures or feel like the nuthouse would be a suitable home.

I'm similar actually. I was benzo dependant for years and managed to taper (and went through utter hell in doing so but anyway . . .) and was totally benzo free for a good 3-4 years. I got some diazepam and etizolam and ate them for a week and went back into withdrawal. It happens everytime I take then, even if its 2 days- I get incredible anxiety, panic, shaking, delusions, suicidal thoughts, psychotic symptoms and increased absence seizures (I am epileptic). I even get rebound anxiety of one dose, or a few beers. It fucking sucks but then I really don't like benzo's, they make me feel lifeless and depressed.

I just stick to my 450mg of pregabalin a day and that helps my brain immensely, depsite having gone through an awful seizure inducing 3 month binge and an incredibly horrible withdrawal. I reinstated the pregabalin under doctor supervision and it removes so much of my anxiety and crazy thoughts.

As Jekyll said, kindling is an absolute bitch, but the numbers you're talking about... honestly? Meh. It'll make you feel like ass but you're unlikely to be into "bite your own tongue off" territory. I never had an issue fighting benzo wd, was one of the easiest. Alcohol was worst, each of the... 20 ish times I WDd out of it, closely followed by heroin, but that was mainly the smell.