• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Love hate relationship with it??

I used to think that heroin was the strongest addiction out there. I've never seen people struggle with anything so immensely (on the topic of substance abuse or not--literally any accomplishment seems easier).

But now I see that meth is just as hard if not harder than breaking free from heroin addiction.. the long lasting depression that puts one on suicide watch.. the relentless inability to enjoy anything.. it's basically just as bad as heroin abuse. My rule was no meth or heroin and everything else was fair game. But still it was too much to bear lol. Not making a holier than thou post whatsoever! It's just too many to count openly brought heroin and meth into their lives thinking they were immune to the consequences or addiction? I don't enjoy seeing people go through something that makes them want to give up living.
As a chipper for over ten years I've never used anything for more than 3 days straight, worst case in one exception 7 days which was pushing it.
I've had seriouslty consequences from my binges, but as a chipper always able to stop eventually. This is for a decade mind you. I found bth that hardest to stop but stopped after a week or so. Either way they fucked my brain up and im sufferimg from doing goofballs. Maybe it will get better.

The meth, my dosages were extreme, but I was able to stop after a few days.

I do find heroin more addictive in certain aspects, but s different sort of addiction

In

Last edited:
As a chipper for over ten years I've never used anything for more than 3 days straight, worst case in one exception 7 days which was pushing it.
I've had seriouslty consequences from my binges, but as a chipper always able to stop eventually. This is for a decade mind you. I found bth that hardest to stop but stopped after a week or so. Either way they fucked my brain up and im sufferimg from doing goofballs. Maybe it will get better.

The meth, my dosages were extreme, but I was able to stop after a few days.

I do find heroin more addictive in certain aspects, but s different sort of addiction

In

Ah you seem to be one of those inexplainable alien people who can do meth or heroin on occasion. Lucky you!

I'd be doing it if I could lol. I just know I'm not coming back from either of those things. Sry I turned this thread into a heroin versus meth topic. Imo stimulants are way harsher for mental health than opies but yes different problems.

Ah you seem to be one of those inexplainable alien people who can do meth or heroin on occasion. Lucky you!

I'd be doing it if I could lol. I just know I'm not coming back from either of those things. Sry I turned this thread into a heroin versus meth topic. Imo stimulants are way harsher for mental health than opies but yes different problems.
I think it was my exposure to HR principles and communities at such a young age, or maybe my use of psychedelics that prevented that. Or maybe seeing friends go through WDs in front ofnme. Seeing someone go through heroin detox or worse yet 2 months of methadone WD while you live with them, sticks with you a while. The only thing thats ever had me physically dependent was nicotine. Perhaps I had some mild hand and arm restlessness for 1 day after a 7 day fetanyl binge, but yeah...

I dont know how to IV, and never cared to learn how, but I've gone on meth+BTheroin IV binges, yet still never crave those drugs (moreso im dealing with the brain damage each caused me and trying to heal), and doubt I'd do it again.

Dont take this the wrong way, but man, i will consider myself extremely fortunate if I have even a fraction of your optimism when I'm 50.

I'm 38 now and wondering how/why I chose to resume an addiction I left behind 14 years ago.
38 and I already feel like I've lived a lifetime. I don't want to still be doing this while time flies by around me. The thought of waking up one day to find everyone you love is suddenly old or gone because you missed out on everything is one of my biggest fears.
😣
It will happen , bud. At 38, had it all. And not even referring to material or$ , that was there too. Respect. Admiration. Purpose. That was 10 yrs ago.
T is a jealous bitch, doesn’t play well with others. And despite all precautions dresses you up as an anti social self serving alien. You go from a novel to a picture book that no one cares to read. Yet strokes your ever shrinking ego; it’s them not you. It’s your kryptonite.
I know old heads too. Theirs is a life of 2D, safe, but pitiful.

I think it was my exposure to HR principles and communities at such a young age, or maybe my use of psychedelics that prevented that. Or maybe seeing friends go through WDs in front ofnme. Seeing someone go through heroin detox or worse yet 2 months of methadone WD while you live with them, sticks with you a while. The only thing thats ever had me physically dependent was nicotine. Perhaps I had some mild hand and arm restlessness for 1 day after a 7 day fetanyl binge, but yeah...

I dont know how to IV, and never cared to learn how, but I've gone on meth+BTheroin IV binges, yet still never crave those drugs (moreso im dealing with the brain damage each caused me and trying to heal), and doubt I'd do it again.

Yeah I understand that. Watching my friend who walked into opioid addiction with me make the switch to heroin made me never want to do that to myself. I've never seen him so low. He's really good now though lol

I used to think that heroin was the strongest addiction out there. I've never seen people struggle with anything so immensely (on the topic of substance abuse or not--literally any accomplishment seems easier).

But now I see that meth is just as hard if not harder than breaking free from heroin addiction.. the long lasting depression that puts one on suicide watch.. the relentless inability to enjoy anything.. it's basically just as bad as heroin abuse. My rule was no meth or heroin and everything else was fair game. But still it was too much to bear lol. Not making a holier than thou post whatsoever! It's just too many to count openly brought heroin and meth into their lives thinking they were immune to the consequences or addiction? I don't enjoy seeing people go through something that makes them want to give up living. Meth and heroin in their own can make any amazing person want to give it up.
Ive smoked heroin multiple times and shot it twice. Not my cup of tea. I don't see why people like that but at same time I do. I can do almost as meth as I want and still awake up the next day.

Ive smoked heroin multiple times and shot it twice. Not my cup of tea. I don't see why people like that but at same time I do. I can do almost as meth as I want and still awake up the next day.

Stims are good for people who like to stay active. Well... i shouldn't say "good" lol.

Opiates make the party in your mind. For some people they're a hardcore downer like benzos and others a stimulant like adderall. It's a complex mechanism. I think stims are a little bit simpler. Meth is so long-lasting though which could be a plus and con.

Absolutely understand where you are coming from OP. I shoot meth once a week or so and totally love my high time. My life it totally together and meth not causing me any real problems (apart from a few blown veins) but I absolutely hate it because it totally prevents me doing ANY real work (I am doing a PhD) and each week I get further and further behind schedule but largely not caring that much a lot of the time because (a) high or (b) asleep recovering from being high. I love the high enough to find myself seriously considering to drop my PhD and make a career out of meth (fortunately I don't really have to work for money any longer and can just afford the amount I need each week without making sacrifices in other areas). However, when I catch myself thinking like that I realise how much I hate it and the way it has its claws in me. I'm 50 and don't really want to spend the next 20 years or however long as a professional meth user and need to finish my studies to open some new doors in life. It's about 50/50 which way it'll go I reckon.
It would be a good movie - such a situation of yours. I really don't mean no disrespect, more envy, really.

Who doesn't have a love hate relatiionship with stims? They're that sort of drug.

Yesterday I was hating it. But after 12 hours sleep I’m back to loving it. Tomorrow I’ll hate it again, right about sunrise.