• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam starting dosage help

Al12

Ex-Bluelighter
I have some 1mg Lorazepam pills. What is a good starting recreational dosage for a person with no tolerance because I have read a couple of threads and the answers are very different.

Thanks for the help!

Is 3mg enough to give a blackout?
And does the sublingual ROA have a greater bioavailability than oral?

I have some 1mg Lorazepam pills. What is a good starting recreational dosage for a person with no tolerance because I have read a couple of threads and the answers are very different.

Thanks for the help!

still find it crazy how tolerance differs from person to person
1mg of lorazepam had me slurring i felt like i was super drunk haha but not quite a black out
i dont get any rec use from it what are you trying to achieve ?
if you have no tolerance you can easily black out in large doses
oral ROA on ativan seems to be the best or parachute it

I wasn't trying to achieve anything in particular haha, just trying to feel sort of drunk without an upset stomach or nausea that alcohol gives.

And by large doses what do you mean? Like >5mg?

Last edited:
it depends. with no tolerance, 1mg can be enough to fuck some people up with low constitutions. just try 1mg and if after an hour you dont feel chilled, try another one but no more than that (put them away out of sight) cause you can forget how many youve taken and take more and more and wake up in jail.
benzos are to chill you out a bit, abusing them is pointless really.

it depends. with no tolerance, 1mg can be enough to fuck some people up with low constitutions. just try 1mg and if after an hour you dont feel chilled, try another one but no more than that (put them away out of sight) cause you can forget how many youve taken and take more and more and wake up in jail.
benzos are to chill you out a bit, abusing them is pointless really.

agree hell i still get full effects at .5mg i would start there and work up but dont start popping them like candy every 5 mins because you dont feel anything
when i have to up or add in more i usually wait yeah around an hr again you can easily black out if you take to much and the f'd up thing is you wont even notice that you blacked out until you pass out and wake up not knowing wtf you did
ativan wont give you any type of super high or euphoria it really is made for making you chill out
i actually dont use ativan anymore although it did help me a lot with my anxiety issues but along with that gave me horrid memory loss but YMMV

Ativan isn't that strong, it's not the weakest benzo tho. I would say with no tolerance and if you're using for more than medicinal purposes than I would recommend 2-3mg

Ativan isn't that strong, it's not the weakest benzo tho. I would say with no tolerance and if you're using for more than medicinal purposes than I would recommend 2-3mg
2 to 3 mg is way to much with no tolerance 1mg the most i still suggest .5mg

Thanks for the help!

1mg is enough for a someone who is not tolerant. Prepare for the original Ativan kick, although you don't speak of the wafers, those really knock you out for 30 minutes when practically not benzo tolerant. Im sure op didn't wait for our opinions but i'm leaving this here for posterity.

2 to 3 mg is way to much with no tolerance 1mg the most i still suggest .5mg
No it's really not. 3mg MIGHT be on the high end, but 2mg is definitely suitable. .5mg of lorazepam is equal to 0.25mg of xanax. And they are similar with there short half lives and effectiveness to treat panic attacks. Yeah I'll leave you to think about that one.

With no tolerance 0.5mg will do it! 1mg is a bit much in the way of retro grade amnesia, remember that Lorazepam in particular causes amnesia in doses of 2mg/day + even to bezo tolerant individuals.

1mg will be noticed by outside lookers especially when you loose your thought half way during a conversation, or when your motor skills aren't what they used to, esp if you smoke even a hit of shitty weed you will severely affected by the combination!

0.5mg and you might get away in public places unobserved, although you def. can handle 1mg, damn you could say even 2mg shit even 4mg but why? That's too much if you ask me anything about 2mg is amnesia, nothing else!

Last edited:
I ended up taking 1.5 mg. Felt a bit relaxed and my speech and thought process was slightly slurred with minimal euphoria when it started to kick in. But apart from that nothing in particular and overall it didn't seem too strong.
My only fear was to fall asleep and it didn't happen which is good.

Last edited:
With no tolerance 0.5mg will do it! 1mg is a bit much in the way of retro grade amnesia, remember that Lorazepam in particular causes amnesia in doses of 2mg/day + even to bezo tolerant individuals.

1mg will be noticed by outside lookers especially when you loose your thought half way during a conversation, or when your motor skills aren't what they used to, esp if you smoke even a hit of shitty weed you will severely affected by the combination!

0.5mg and you might get away in public places unobserved, although you def. can handle 1mg, damn you could say even 2mg shit even 4mg but why? That's too much if you ask me anything about 2mg is amnesia, nothing else!

Yeah man, the few shameful moments where I walked to ( I live really close to a hospital) the ER because I was freaking out from psychedelics (the kind where body load is huge even with a regular dose, I think I ended up in the ER twice because of 5-meo-mipt....they gave me 1mg sublingual wafers and I completely got knocked out by them). They didn't know what I was scripted (was out of benzos, it wasn't cos I abused the valium, its because refill day was the morning just after. So after the wafer did its job, the doc gave me a small brown envelope which had Ativan 1mg x 2). That made the trip kind of fun, walking home at sunset and I ended up still having visuals, because when I got home, I lit myself a cig and sat on the balcony, looking at the gravel I still haven't repaved over for when I needed to do some digging there. The rocks and garnets gave me quite a show, typical tryptamine stuff, but that's only thanks to the Ativan, which took off the damn body load of 5-meo-mipt, 10mg is too much for me of that stuff,

But I said all of that because of safety concerns, if a you're 6'3 250lbs person like me, they don't let you freak out the people in the waiting room who gets in because of a panic attack,they'll for go the Ativan wafer or injection or if lucky a shot of Versed, my female cousin who's a nurse told me they almost always use Versed on people showing up too high or '"just a panic attack" at the hospital she works at.

tl;dr Ativan is good at making crappy psychedelics feel fun. and for OP 1mg is a good starting dose, and if what you get are the 2mg pills, they're scored so just take half

Benzos are not recreational, and of all the benzoes, Ativan is one of the LEAST recreational, but none of them are truly recreational.....maybe if you use em to mellow out an acid trip, but by themselves :p they suck..

Benzos are not recreational, and of all the benzoes, Ativan is one of the LEAST recreational, but none of them are truly recreational.....maybe if you use em to mellow out an acid trip, but by themselves :p they suck..
I disagree, especially if you have any type of anxiety disorder, they are the most pleasant substance out there, I would take benzos over opiates or stims any day, not saying I don't enjoy those but for me benzos take the cake.

agree on the non rec part but if you have legitimate anxiety if you ever taken a good dose of valium the euphoria and the relief it provides is an exp on its own

Least recreational to me would be tetrazepam but sure. To people with a panic disorder, it provides massive euphoria, where normalcy itself is the goal of taking benzos.

Also, my girlfriend sometimes like to take one of my 10mg valium pill and have a few beer and she finds the stuff incredibly euphoric, she never takes benzos, but its a one time in a blue moon thing. But I see it helping her, she's so much less stressed out, especially OCD regarding cleaning, naturally, not going to find love with a meth/amps head, she's just OCD naturally and she doesn't realize how her behaviour sucks all the energy from others around her so much she's always cleaning and passing the vacuum or such. But I won't ler her fall into a benz addiction like I have.

Last edited: