• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam makes you trip!

last night was the first time I did lorazepam. At first it felt like any benzo but after I took more and smoked some weed I was trippin hard. At some points I was talking to inatimite objects, I was having crazy visuals, everything was moving, and I was even having life changing experiences. It was crazy I loved it! It was like tripping without the anxiety. I know its only case I did 8mg with no tolerance

its not a 'trip,' because it doesn't make you trip. the visuals you all say you had are from your brain being stuck in between a state of sleep and being awake. you can get the same thing from sleep deprivation. this drug does not meet the criteria for 'tripping' and has nothing in common with any true hallucinogens.

The "trip" only happens because you're half unconcious hahaha. It's pretty weird, opening your eyes and you're in a totally different place than you thought. And you see all kinds of mad shit.

It's just because your brain wants to sleep so badly and you're fighting it.

I barely ever take benzos but when I take a high dose I get visual distortions(not hallucinations). Hallucinations arent and distortions are different.

raoulduke said:
Lorazepam when taken in larger doeses for me, always does it. But no no other benzo except Ambien which does a different thing do that to me, only Ambien/Imovane which is pretty shitty and Lorazepam.
Ambien is not a benzo...

jedi87 said:
last night was the first time I did lorazepam. At first it felt like any benzo but after I took more and smoked some weed I was trippin hard. At some points I was talking to inatimite objects, I was having crazy visuals, everything was moving, and I was even having life changing experiences. It was crazy I loved it! It was like tripping without the anxiety. I know its only case I did 8mg with no tolerance

It's not a "trip". I call it close to being inebriated (like another poster said - between unconscious and consciousness).

The last time I did 20mg of lorazepam, it was combined with 400mg of oxycontin (over a 12 hour period - insufflated) and I was walking around an apartment talking to myself, my friend came back and I was talking to people who didn't exist, arguing with objects, passing out in my dairy queen blizzard, etc. It's not really cool and it's not a "trip".

Edit: I just re-read this and wanted to clarify that I just contradicted myself. Lorazepam = hallucinations? I'll read up on it.

Once again, I've seen some weird shit on lorazepam. Like others said, alot like Ambien, but still, a little calmer and less trippy, more like I was just seeing the visuals without any heavy mental effect.

Yup, it happens to me too. In fact, I took ativan a week ago to cure my hangover and had a full on psychedelic experience. A trip beats a hangover, that's for sure.

My friend saw shit when she was in the hospital and they gave her IV Ativan. She would stare at the pattern on the bed, just trippin' out. I've never seen such, but it's a bitch to drink on those things. Talk about blackouts.

No one "trips" or gets "visuals" from a benzo. I can't believe I just read a myth get started and then propagated. 4mg of ativan to a benzo naive user is dangerous and runs the risk of respiratory arrest, especially if anything else is on board.
MODS- you guys shoulda stepped up to the plate on this one.

For all the people not believing the guy, it is true. In a small percentage of (lucky) people Lorazepam does indeed make people hallucinate. All it ever did for me was make me relaxed but there are people out there who get full on halucinations from the stuff. Do a search and you will find this to be true before discarding it as BS. IIRC it is the only benzo known to cause hallucinations though.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lorazepam+hallucinations+side+effects

sonnyluv said:
No one "trips" or gets "visuals" from a benzo. I can't believe I just read a myth get started and then propagated. 4mg of ativan to a benzo naive user is dangerous and runs the risk of respiratory arrest, especially if anything else is on board.
MODS- you guys shoulda stepped up to the plate on this one.

You should step away from the plate with your misinformation. Unless alcohol, opiates or some other respiratory deprseeant is invloved that dose of ativan is nothing. The LD-50 of benzos is extremely high when used alone without any other respiratory depressants.

Last edited:
the only thing thats given me a 'trip' sort-of experience is Ambien. And even then i wouldn't really call it psychedelic. The only thing that happens thats kinda weird is that i'll be sitting in my room at night and it'll feel like theres another person/persons in the room with me, but it isn't a scary feeling, its like i feel like a friend is sitting next to me and ill go to say something and look over and be like wtf am i doing, i am alone, damn this ambien is weird.

geetered said:
maybe you where just halucinating that you was halucinating or some1 dipped it in acid

Im Geetered.

btw just kidding about the acid, i hope 1 of the assholes on here flames me for it so i can show them that they are indeed the dumb ass (rambling is a side effect of my medication pay no attention too it)

and what medication would that be Geetered?

i have "tripped" off ativan combined with seroquel. i was seeing what seemed like a mild lsd affect in the patterns of the carpets. they were swaying and turning it was very abnormal to me when it occured. i then went to sleep shortly and it was over. When i seen this thread i was surprised others have encountered the same effect.

you can order versed tablets online, and versed tablets is water soluble so you can IV

Good job on harm reduction ;)

i have "tripped" off ativan combined with seroquel. i was seeing what seemed like a mild lsd affect in the patterns of the carpets. they were swaying and turning it was very abnormal to me when it occured. i then went to sleep shortly and it was over. When i seen this thread i was surprised others have encountered the same effect.

Cool. Glad you bumped an old ass thread to tell us.

Sorry, Welcome to Bluelight!
Stop by the stickies and read the rules. =D