• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam makes you trip!

i have certainly never tripped off benzos having had dozens and dozens of prescrips for different ones, even ativans. one paradoxical thing that happened, only ONCE, was with ambien. i think off 20mg or 30mg cause u get em in 10mg tabs. so anyway i couldnt stop repeating about music attacking and my friends were getting freaked out so they left me alone for awhile. and i ended up passing out somewhere. but no visuals at all

Lorazepam is a great drug. I love benzo's, because they have so many different purposes. I can put them to use in every day living (when i get them) I could not tell you my favorite, but Clonazepam is surely great. I have tripped off a lot of combos in which I can add a benzo to. Have fun with loraze's!

Enlightened said:
Lorazepam is a great drug. I love benzo's, because they have so many different purposes. I can put them to use in every day living (when i get them) I could not tell you my favorite, but Clonazepam is surely great. I have tripped off a lot of combos in which I can add a benzo to. Have fun with loraze's!

yeah benzo's have tons of different purposes, I use them mainly for comedowns and boring rainy days with pot and alcohole, great for stress.

i got some low-grade visuals off 6mg ativan. the CEV were surprisingly good. i remember i drank a lot of grapefruit juice & smoked a ton of weed, & lines of coke. i was on adderall all morning so sleep deprivation also may have been a factor. it was definatly a dream-like trip like ambien where time seems to stand still, but i found the OEV to be much better than ambien or any other benzo/sleeping pill i have tried. still nothing compared to psychedelics tho. i hallucinate in my fucking SLEEP, so itd be kinda dumb to pop a bunch of ativan just to 'trip' because it isnt the same kind of trip. its more like dreaming than tripping, especially since u wont remember it. but just to confirm, i did have visual distortions off of 6mg ativan. be extra careful with all benzos

StatiK_AKA said:
I WANNA TRY SOME VERSED DAMMITT!!=D

Versed is overrated. It's just like a complete sedation straightjacket, like when you take too much xanax and you're just zombified instead of feeling good.

You just sit there like 'Duh...' and everything's real slow, but I didn't consider it recreational, just... sort of a curiousity. Although I mixed Versed with Klonopin a few times and that made the versed better/was better than either of the two alone... they sorta synergized.

And I thought the general consensus was that Ativan sucked and just made you slur your speech, wobble, and feel drunken if you took too much, but wasn't recreational?

ativan's actually my favorite benzo, it gives me sort of a spacey, dreamy high without a blackout, which usually happens (or ends up happening when i redose) when i take enough of other benzos for a high. i guess this could be interpreted as a "trip," no mind expansion or visuals though.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Hallucinations? Benzodiazepines? Not to try and sound like a big balled meat head but I've taken doses up to 10mg of lorazepam and never felt anything similar to a hallucination. I would suppose that the higher the dose, the less the chance though. Only in my dreams...

I've taken up to 25mg Lorazepam (10x2,5mg pills), and never had the slightest hallucination...

Yeah, I think the people that say they are hallucination from Lorazepam either are taking LSD instead of Lorazepam and confusing the two or something. Lorazepam won't make you hallucinate, that is utter bullocks. LOL some funny people on this forum.

(^ ttocs, Everyone's reactions are different, especially when it comes to benzos. You cant simply judge.)

Ive got some weird visuals too when my eyes are closed while on lotta lora's. Though I'd say its more like a delirium or dreaming while awake.
Not just once but a lot of times, especially when i had some drinks.

Last edited:
alostlittlebird said:
Wow, that's pretty unique to get visual hallucinations from a benzo, and a psychedelic experience... You're the first person I've heard talk about it (although plenty of people say they hallucinate from ambien). Do you get similar effects from other benzos?

Lorazepam always has been my favorite benzo... but I get almost the opposite of your effects. My visual sense gets dull, I feel sort of drunk (dizzy, floaty, slightly euphoric), and instead of being psychedelic it's almost like I don't think at all - as if my mind is taking a break from activity.

You lucky fuck. I guess I love you too.

wait is ambien an benzo? i thoght it was jsut a sleep aid

By definition its not a benzo. But it acts similarly (I believe on some of the same receptors as benzos, not all) But its not a benzo.

Ok, I made a thread almost exactly like this one a short while back (like a month or so). No offense, RaoulDuke. I was telling people that Ativan had me hallucinating like mad, and that it had every one of my friends tripping. I was told I was full of shit. What's the deal? All of a sudden I'm right? Maybe not all the same people responded. I haven't like, compared the two. But this does kind of irk me a bit.

TheTwighlight said:
Ok, I made a thread almost exactly like this one a short while back (like a month or so). No offense, RaoulDuke. I was telling people that Ativan had me hallucinating like mad, and that it had every one of my friends tripping. I was told I was full of shit. What's the deal? All of a sudden I'm right? Maybe not all the same people responded. I haven't like, compared the two. But this does kind of irk me a bit.

I was one of those who told you you were full of shit; I'm sorry for that.
(but I still don't believe you can get what I call hallucinations from Ativan...)

GrOwThSpUrT said:
no it doesn`t, I tried it quite a few times and it did almost nothing for me, the stuff didn`t even get me to sleep. All it did was make me drowsy and one of the times I tried it it made me throw up(I drank a beer before taking ambien)
It does for some. I can attest for that. I took some and got some mild visuals of 10 mg the first time. since then I've taken up to 40 mg, and nothing. Ambien is a weird one.

For the first time, I just did a few mgs of Xanax followed about 30 minutes later by a few mgs of ambien. No visuals or anything, but the ambien has DEFINATELY potentiated any of the mild euphoric effects of the xanax.

No! Wait! My crappy 27" regular TV has just gone hi-def. And my feet are floating. Not really visuals, just a really great clarity...

i lovee itt

i am a fairly experience ativan user....and all of my expereinces with it are somewhat different....the most effective way to trip...is to take around 3mg..and lay your head down....you will most likely start tripping on the spot....as for hallucinations....that has also happened to me several times. overall....I LOVE THIS DRUG =D

dude, ive defenitely hallucinated from lorazepam also. it doesnt happen every time but i recall one time looking at my fridge and there are those magnetic letters on it that u can rearrange and i swear they were swirling around, moving around the fridge on their own so vividly. still this was NOTHING like an lsd trip but very similar to ambien. its funny cuz i havent heard of anyone else getting those same effects until now =p. still, for some reason lorazepam gives me this really weird crappy-ish "grainy" feeling similar to ambien, nowhere near the smooth relaxation of other benzos. also for some reason, this only happens on generic lorazepam for me, the brand name ativans feel normal for some odd reason. i never understood this.

and as for ambien, when i have no tolerance (e.g. when havent done it for over a month) 10mg is enough to give me some really bizarre and amazing visuals, like watching the trees in my painting sway, the river runs, and the clouds move. fucking unreal. ive done lsd, psilocybin, 2ci many times, and they all kick ambien's ass BUT they dont give me those kind of really strange, very seemingly REAL visuals. i guess cuz ambien hallucinations are more delerium than anything else.. whereas tryptamines and phenethylamines are more like illusions and distortions

I was one of those who told you you were full of shit; I'm sorry for that.
(but I still don't believe you can get what I call hallucinations from Ativan...)

i guess it only happens to a very small percentage of ativan users, but take my word for it, you CAN hallucinate off even really small doses (2mg) if ur one of these people (such as myself) its not pleasant IMO but dont assume that everyone reacts the same way you do. even if u look it up on rxlist.com u will see medical proof that hallucinations occur in some users. no offense but yeah, it does kinda piss me off when people think that drugs only work the way it affects THEM. i think even 3 people on this thread saying it DOES make u hallucinate is proof enough

I too have experienced hallucnations on lorazepam, although they were minor spacial distortions and such. It is my favorite benzo because I find it to be a bit trippy, very euphoric, and less 'drunk' feeling.