• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam makes me mildly nauseated, any ideas?

I don't think "this is all in your head", how ridiculous. Although I am stumped as I have never heard of benzos being 'anti-emetic', but I have this same issue with them. They're highly effective for my anxiety/panic but the nausea is INCREDIBLY intolerable. It's an odd kind of nausea too. It feels like my stomach is just.. sick. Like it's full of toxins or something. I notice this same effect when taking gaba B agonists (phenibut, baclofen). I really wish I didn't experience it. I finally talked my doctor into letting me have a benzo after 4 years and she put me on klonopin, which is one of the worst offenders for the nausea. Taking meclizine seems to help, but I don't want to have to rely on taking anti-histamines daily just to offset nausea by another drug. I know this post is old, but it is one of the only ones I've seen on this topic. I was curious if this is just me experiencing this and decided to look for some help. I dunno what to do. I'm so thankful that my doctor is trusting with me. And it sucks that benzo's are effective for my anxiety, but I just can't live with this sickly feeling everyday. The grogginess and the 'hangover' is pretty bad too. It puts me in a very irritable mood. I also noticed that food and pop tase gross and "slimy" (hard to explain) after I've taken klonopin. I also feel dumb and not as sharp when on it. This sucks and I can totally relate to OP. :(

I've also noticed that effect where if I take klonopin and then smoke a bunch of weed, I turn pale, my limbs begin to tingle and my body pretty much shuts down and I feel almost like I have the spins from alcohol and begin to dry heave. I've also suffered this 'gag' reflex thing you speak of too. I'm truly interested in why this paradoxical effect happens to me when I take benzos. It's truly unfortunate.

Last edited:
Bumped here! and old again here we go again! I sometimes have the best times on lorazepam like care-free but not like xanax-depression or diazepam 40mg feel 5 mins and then I feel like i need a benzo in an hour like litterally, clonazepam was the best for couple days then I got this rash on my hands, my side torso, and my head.
So with like wisiting clinical pharmacologist he didn't test shit which at the time I had other meds but, ok newm got back on Xanax xr that time and no rash and was..a...like my memory fucked, never mind, have plenty or to much information I guess it's called prioritized by Xanax.

And it sucks that benzo's are effective for my anxiety, but I just can't live with this sickly feeling everyday. The grogginess and the 'hangover' is pretty bad too. It puts me in a very irritable mood. I also noticed that food and pop tase gross and "slimy" (hard to explain) after I've taken klonopin. I also feel dumb and not as sharp when on it. This sucks and I can totally relate to OP. :(
Yeah so I red that clonazepam is from nitrobenzodiazepines so it's tougher on liver, that can result in the liver's capacity to create "sugar-energy" from meat or anything as my rash was told that liver is just can't tolerate clonazepam which btw twist now, was something I said like a question and the doctor said: Bravo and he is busy now so, bye bye! I do that sometimes cause of the research for the book I'm writing like 7 years.
You feel groggy cause your meds are not active like, sleep is a bodys and minds tool for resting recalculating...detox-ing....
so you add a sedative this is from my and from many experiences from neuroleptics, or mirtazapine, body's trying detox itself so and fast metabolizers even experience (withdrawal) like symptomps every day but those are side effects! I guess there are variables-your dose-how much do you sleep?
As for feeling not sharp on them whell look very high number of keypoints in autonomic nervous system are calm vs aroused so dopamine is less needed. nwm alprazolam which triazolo....so is dopaminergic I think!

Lorazepam is the only benzo I love and it's funny cause it made me nausea once or twice almost like I will get the fever but no. With all the benzos there is amnesia a bit, boredom, depression, just not interested, so Lorazepam swipe all those mentioned to say the least and gives sometime a role to my curtain on the left which is barely in my sight but the point is that I think or I always look to just from 99% to 100% be sure that thaat is not another person.

For all who say it's doing nothing you are just burned slightly, tolerance, chasing the dragon, yeah it suppose to do nothing except alleviate anxiety! not boredom!
Delusion of sobriety is something to look with lorazepam but in the end it is not potent like alprazolam/close
but clonazepam did nothing and I liked it for that subtle peace, so Lorazepam 2,5mg as needed is best for me now!

And it's definitely the only benzo with some strange psychedelic like 7,5mg and I was daydreaming great but even little to high so...

it's been awile since ive had ativan but i dont recall sublingual ativan here in Canada having any taste. its weird that it would give you nausdea because i believe ativan is actually used to help some forms of nausea. But anything is possible. Do you get any nausea from any other benzos/

Lorazepam is by far the best tasting benzo I've had, they are actually sweet under the tongue. No bitterness whatsoever like there is with xanax and others. And it greatly reduces my nausea too, so I have to say I am pretty stumped.

Lorazepam is by far the best tasting benzo I've had, they are actually sweet under the tongue. No bitterness whatsoever like there is with xanax and others. And it greatly reduces my nausea too, so I have to say I am pretty stumped.
No man it's klonopin for me. The minty taste is awesome lol