• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Loperamide

Pigspussypork

Greenlighter
I have been on high doses of lope for over a year now and REALLY WANT TO STOP. Here is the incredibly odd part. In an attempt to stop the lop, I tried getting heroin. I was scared because I had not done other ppiates in a long time and was worried about overdosing. Crazy thing is no matter how much heroin I did i could NOT GET HIGH??!!? how is this possible? I literally did .2 shot of H just a bit ago and am not phased by it. I have been trying to get high for the last 2 weeks and haven't felt the shots of H no matter what. Even after not being on the loperamide for 5 days, a gram of heroin in a day wouldn't phase me. Im so pissed. The heroin however did stop the loperamide withdrawl. Whats the deal here??!! Why won't the heroin get me high anymore?? I'm so fucking confused.

Loperamide is in fact an opiate, and a fairly potent opiate. Your problem is caused by your huge lope tolerance.

Please don't take higher doses of heroin in the hopes of getting high, you're playing with fire. You should try to find a different opiate to cushion the blow of withdrawals, heroin is far too unpredictable to use in that way.

I have been on high doses of lope for over a year now and REALLY WANT TO STOP.

How much are you taking? Loperamide itself can be fatal in high doses.

Even after not being on the loperamide for 5 days, a gram of heroin in a day wouldn't phase me. Im so pissed.

I would say this is very unusual, but please don't try to do more heroin. A gram is a fatal dose.

I am just saying that I think this very odd. Is loperamide like a suboxen, meaning is it shutting down my opiat receptors stopping the heroin from working?! I just cant figure it out. Or is my tolerance so amazingly high from the lope that I can do ungodly big shots of H? I am being mindful and watching out how big a shot I can do, but for real, why would the H not work at all. Believe me its good shit!

I am just saying that I think this very odd. Is loperamide like a suboxen, meaning is it shutting down my opiat receptors stopping the heroin from working?! I just cant figure it out. Or is my tolerance so amazingly high from the lope that I can do ungodly big shots of H?
Loperamide generally does not cross the blood brain barrier. If it does you can die. Im not sure what's going on either but safety is paramount here.

In massive lope doses it can enter the brain bit that's also how it kills you.

This sounds like it’s probably just a case of shitty quarantine dope, quality ain’t what it used to be right now...

-GC

Getting high of loperamide? That is even possible? How much have you been using and in what way? Also, what # of heroin have you been using? IV?

Yea loperamide is surprisingly effective, I remember blowing it off for years until that one desperate day of trying a larger dose, and at 20mg it at least made me comfortable.

-GC

Getting high of loperamide? That is even possible?

It's possible but its EXTREMELY dangerous. It's actually a very potent opioid if it crosses the brain barrier, which it's not supposed to do. If you flood your system with it some of it sneaks into your brain.

I got a buzz off it once when I was very desperate (and stupid)... I can't remember how much I took I think 150-200mg. Not a strong buzz but I felt something and was relaxed. (and I was also constipated for like 10 days afterwards... lol)

I remember a kid on drugs-forum many years ago who took like 300mg or something and died. Very sad.

I don't remember exact dosages, I'm going off old memory here.

Last edited:
So three to four boxes of loperamide orally? I could use 3 to 4 dosages of heroin (#3) nasally for about half the price. : /

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

Yea loperamide is surprisingly effective, I remember blowing it off for years until that one desperate day of trying a larger dose, and at 20mg it at least made me comfortable.

-GC

I take around 45 2mg pills every other day a while back I would take 100 2mg pills n I n see very noticed any cross tolerance

Loperamide generally does not cross the blood brain barrier. If it does you can die. Im not sure what's going on either but safety is paramount here.

In massive lope doses it can enter the brain bit that's also how it kills you.

Loperamide doesn't kill you if it crosses the BBB, it kills u through cardiotoxicity. Loperamide can cross the BBB in very high doses but u need to be very careful. For a person who is very tolerant to opioids then I'd say a safe dose range would be 50mg-80mg every 24 hours. Remember Loperamide has got a long half-life similar to Methadone so don't take regular doses u should only need to dose once (a single big dose) or twice a day (two smaller doses). And yes theres cross-tolerance so I'm not surprised the Heroin didn't do much.

Loperamide is in fact an opiate, and a fairly potent opiate. Your problem is caused by your huge lope tolerance.

Please don't take higher doses of heroin in the hopes of getting high, you're playing with fire. You should try to find a different opiate to cushion the blow of withdrawals, heroin is far too unpredictable to use in that way.
Hey man so you think that the loperamide isn't acting like suboxen and blocking my receptors at all? You just think that my tolerance from the lope is so high that I a. Not feeling the heroin AT ALL?! Because like I said man, stupidly, in like a 12 hour period, I fucking shot up a gram of tar. And I am 80% sure it was good tar. You think that my tolerance was so fucking high off of the lope, that I didnt feel the gram of tar at all?!?! My plan at first was to do the tar to get off of the lope, but then I was like, well I still would like to get high off the H, but then nothing happened and I was totally confused. I really would like to hear your thoughts again, on if you think my tolerance is like hulk style jacked up or if the lope is acting like subs and blocking my shit. I figure if lope was blocking my receptors and acting like subs more people would know about this. But people more often refer to it as the poor man's methadone which doesn't block any receptors. Anyway your thoughts?? Thanks

It's almost certainly that lope has ratcheted your tolerance up to an extreme degree and not that it's blocking the H. But please, again, don't try shooting up more and more H.

Get back on the lope and do a slow taper off of them until you are low enough to jump. At least with the lope you will be able to consistently dose, with heroin you're going to get varying quality batches and probably fentanyl which means you'll never have a steady taper.

I have extensive experience with lope. I took it 400-800 mg per day until is caused arrhythmias.

Lope is not only extremely potent (only a fraction of the dose actually reaches the brain) but, in my experience, it also binds incredibly strongly to your receptors.

Lope can take you (most of the way) out of precipitated withdrawal.

Comparing it with bube, however, is not entirely appropriate. It is much more akin to methadone where your receptors are so flooded and desensitized.

Lope kept me stable for a solid four years but very nearly took my life.

To me, methadone is a far better choice than h, lope, or sub if you are going to be on something. I wasted years trying to make sub work; it never did

I have extensive experience with lope. I took it 400-800 mg per day until is caused arrhythmias.

Lope is not only extremely potent (only a fraction of the dose actually reaches the brain) but, in my experience, it also binds incredibly strongly to your receptors.

Comparing it with bube, however, is not entirely appropriate. It is much more akin to methadone where your receptors are so flooded and desensitized.

To me, methadone is a far better choice than h, lope, or sub if you are going to be on something. I wasted years trying to make sub work; it never did
If i am about to get on subs, should I wait a while to come off of the lope, so I dont go into hard-core withdrawls?

It's nuts isn't it? The way an incredibly potent opioid thats available to buy without a prescription. Most ppl don't realise how strong Loperamide actually is!