• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide withdrawal.... horrible... suggestions please!!

... loperamide isn't a normal opiod and doesn't work that way. People taking 100 to 200 pills can drop HUGE amounts before they have to stop,and then go WAY slowwwwww. Loperamide only will do so much and that's all you're going to get from it.
Suggestions to find out how much, other than just taking some, waiting, repeat, and have you had anymore luck? You did say earlier in the thread you were stuck at 40-60mg a day, correct? I actually, at this point would be okay with those doses for a while, but obviously, would like to know if you were able to taper down completely without being too sick to go to work, do daily household chores, you know, all that jazz? At this point, I'm considering going back on H for a month or two, just to get all the lope out of my system! I know that sounds like a horrible idea, and it would be hell on me, considering I'd have to source a new hook up, in a city where I know nobody, and all the BS that goes along with it, but that's where I'm at with this crap. (I'm not sure if I mentioned or not before, but going on a legal maint. drug is not an option for me at this point. Let me just put it this way, do you remember the scene in Pulp Fiction where Tarantino says what would happen if his wife came home and found the guys at his house cleaning up a bloody car and a dead body, what would happen, well that's what would happen to me, and I don't want that, obviously!)

There are a couple Loperimide blogs with tapers and other information. I don't take Lope so any information I have would be second hand. There's a Mega Thread on BL that you might check.

Yep, whenever I've seen them on TV they're all gung-ho all the way. I've seen them catch a dealer with a minimal amount of drugs vs. sending a huge squad to do a search warrant (the whole knock the door in etc.) and you'd have thought they captured some Colombian kingpin! They say things like, every little bit helps and we gotta keep at it. It makes me sick. They don't put a dent in the supposed "drug war" and they have a budget of somewhere in the 4-5 Billion dollar budget range. It would probably equate to a million dollars for every ounce of pot they seize. Yea, I'm exaggerating bit but at the end of the day, it is outright absurd!

I haven't been on BL for a while (people on here are grumpy LOL) But I did taper off!
I've read everything I could find TWICE on loperamide.....
Yes, its mental....mostly. Also it does seem everyone handles loperamide differently. I can't see taking 100+pills of anything but then I started loperamide with a laughable habit of narco....so, I'm not a expert.
Starting with 20 pills ( the amount I could comfortably function) I dropped one pill a week and jumped off of 3 pills with very very little issue.
I do think it's a bad idea IMO to go to another drug to get off of loperamide because that is how most of us got stuck on loperamide and its still going to be a otc option when you get back to that place.
So.....take care of your body! Loperamide is disgusting! But it can be cut as many times or for however long you need to take it.
Listen to your body, always TRY to go down and if you mess up......TRY AGAIN and you'll get there

Thanks for the update. I'm hooked on 25-100mgs of lope daily. I gave in after detoxing from long term subs and then switching to herion then to lope. 30 days in I still felt like shit and started with 12mg's of lope which helped dramatically. It then progressed but i'm ready to start tapering and be off by spring.

I'm sorry... YES I've been completely off for more then 2 months.
While tapering I felt little withdrawal if any.
I read where someone just took one pill away every day. I took one pill away every week (II was more nervous)
Also IF your daily dose is more then 50 go down to 50pills right away and start your taper from 50. (You'll be fine, trust me) then take one a week or one a day which ever is more comfortable for you.
Some people found it helpful to split their dose in 2 so 25 in the morning and 25 at bed time....then 24 24 and so on.
Also some say it gets a bit more uncomfortable when they hit the single didgets but I didn't.
I used a low dose benzo for a few days (if you can get them they are very helpful) now I use KAVA tea and I LOVE IT.
I'll check back if there is anything I can help with or answer
Don't be afraid to taper.....you'll get there
Good luck

Suggestions to find out how much, other than just taking some, waiting, repeat, and have you had anymore luck? You did say earlier in the thread you were stuck at 40-60mg a day, correct? I actually, at this point would be okay with those doses for a while, but obviously, would like to know if you were able to taper down completely without being too sick to go to work, do daily household chores, you know, all that jazz? At this point, I'm considering going back on H for a month or two, just to get all the lope out of my system! I know that sounds like a horrible idea, and it would be hell on me, considering I'd have to source a new hook up, in a city where I know nobody, and all the BS that goes along with it, but that's where I'm at with this crap. (I'm not sure if I mentioned or not before, but going on a legal maint. drug is not an option for me at this point. Let me just put it this way, do you remember the scene in Pulp Fiction where Tarantino says what would happen if his wife came home and found the guys at his house cleaning up a bloody car and a dead body, what would happen, well that's what would happen to me, and I don't want that, obviously!)

I'm not sure I posted it here but it seems no matter how high your dose is you can start with 50 pills a day and stabilize 3-4 days.
Then take one away a day or a week depending how you feel.
It takes a long time but you shouldn't have any issues going slow.