• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Loperamide... Seizures, stroke, apnea???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnylady

Greenlighter
Quick back story, 10 years of opiate use. Pills, heroin, methadone clinic, pills, 9 months sober, pills, subaxone, pills, clinic, pills and then one night I read how Imodium helped with RLS so I took about 8 pills. I was golden. So after a couple weeks of about 8-12 a day I woke up one morning, checked my phone, don't remember going back to sleep just this rush of panic in my sleep and then slowly coming to in the fetal position, clenching my sheets basically willing myself to breathe again. I thought it was possibly a panic attack in my sleep although I've never experienced anything like it, awake or asleep. A couple months later my bf got up for work, I remember us talking and then he said I started making this pig/ horse ridiculous noise, fists clenched, eyes open staring ahead in the fetal position. Again, I had to will myself to start breathing. For an hour after that I felt like I was tripping or drunk, foggy, dumb and then I went back to bed. He thought it was a seizure. I've also taken benadryl every night for about 6 years so I thought either the combo or the lope alone was doing it although it's not that high of a dose maybe it's an accumulation. But that was enough. So it had been about 36 hours since my last dose went to sleep, woke up an hour later from a dream, hearing my bf to tell me to breathe. This time I was on my back and had bit the crap out of my tongue. I was exhausted from doing this twice in 24 hours, mentally and physically so i went to ER. Everything was perfect, they say sleep apnea, go to a sleep clinic. I've read a few lope stories, nothing the exact same but I'm curious if anyone has experienced anything similar, how long it will stick around and wreak havoc on me, any advice to not experience this or just if there's anyone that is using this stuff or thinking of it.... This is a cautionary tale from a woman who has taken 380mgs of opiates for breakfast for months at a time, I was just trying to find a way to be a version of normal, thought I found a miracle and it has done more damage in a couple months, in a low dose than a diet of 9 oc 80's ever did.

Please see a doctor, and tell him/her your medical history, and which drugs you took. Since they said you have sleep apnea can you get a machine for it or take a sleep study? Stay safe.

Hello. Welcome to Bluelight. ^^ This is very inportant. You need to see a physical. Sleep apnea and any opiates can easily equal death. Please use the search engine and type in loperamide. You will find the info that you need. Also, a page of words is hard to read. Please make paragraphs. Stay safe.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.