• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide..... Seeing if anyone else have this happen...

StartedHydro

Bluelighter
I've been taking lope, daily, for a year and a month or so for maintaince. I was on suboxone but wanted off that... Was becoming a pain in the ass just to see the doc and I read about loperamide. After reading about loper I tried it out and for me it worked!

So I got on the loperamide train. I settled on about 72 2mg pills in the morning and then another random dose in the evening. It's stopped all withdrawals and sometimes it would even give me energy, chatty, and overall sense of well-being.

There are times where I'll do a shot of H... Maybe three times a month. The crazy thing is I no longer get any effect from the H other than a little sleepiness and anxiety. I can stop taking loperamide for 24-36 hours then do a shot and I get nothing. I know this H is pretty decent to.

I'm trying to understand if the reason why I get no euphoria from H any longer is due to having opioids in me so when I take H my mu receptors aren't completely clean or is loperamide so strong of an opioid it's seriously jacked up my tolerance.

I seriously hope my tolerance isn't jacked up sky high because I'd assume WDs then would prob be hell on earth.

Anyone else have loperamide mute all feelings from more traditional opiates/opioids?

Thanks.

This is very dangerous... I would advise you to switch to something else. Loperamide at high doses can cause serious heart problems and death... I would say you are in serious danger. I think there was a topic about this not too long ago... You should look into the research and think about what your options are; this is not something to take lightly.

how often to you take a shit if you take that much lope? serious question.

The reason is your tolerance is massively jacked up, you should have stuck with suboxone. Basically high dose loperamide has a very long half life, so at 144mg + a day, and a 15 hour half life, your blood plasma level of loperamide is constantly increasing more and more each day, up to outrageous amounts of loperamide.

Loperamide withdrawals peak after like a week and last for well over a month, they are absolutely awful. You'd need to wait a solid week before shooting h to feel it properly again.

Please try to get off loperamide asap, it is very cardiotoxic. Have you ever felt severe fatigue, or weakness on it? What's your resting heart rate, is it abnormally low? This could mean a prolonged qtc or heart rate length or interval, which means dangerous arrythmias can easily occur. Do you ever wake up gasping for air?

Here is a blog with a bunch of medical studies that provide evidence about the cardiotoxicity and dangers of high dose loperamide: https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2...learinghouse-password-protected-see-comments/

Oh and if you don't already, you need to take stool softeners and a laxative and drink a lot of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies a day to combat the constipation. Cases of toxic megacolon or at the least severe impacted stool have been caused by high dose lope.

Last edited:
Seriously, taper off Loperamide. What you're doing is just as dangerous, if not more than doing H.

suboxone is so much infinitely safer than high dose loperamide? Why did u choose it over subs? I have read accounts of a few people who ended up dying from this stuff.. its no joke. i would highly suggest getting off the lope at any cost including getting back on H. its the lesser of the evils.

Wow - interesting thread, great information. Also a little scary. I use loperamide when kicking, but at 8-10mg a day. I couldn't even imagine swallowing 72 of them.

StartedHydro, please keep us updated on your progress if you (and hoping you do) decide to drop off the loperamide. I would imagine that the bowel part of cold turkey withdrawal from a dose of loperamide that large could actually kill you via dehydration/complications.

Seriously, what's going to be the best course of action here? Taper way down slowly? Wait until withdrawal starts and switch to a potent, shorter acting opiod to taper from?

Either way, good luck man.

Wow - interesting thread, great information. Also a little scary. I use loperamide when kicking, but at 8-10mg a day. I couldn't even imagine swallowing 72 of them.

StartedHydro, please keep us updated on your progress if you (and hoping you do) decide to drop off the loperamide. I would imagine that the bowel part of cold turkey withdrawal from a dose of loperamide that large could actually kill you via dehydration/complications.

Seriously, what's going to be the best course of action here? Taper way down slowly? Wait until withdrawal starts and switch to a potent, shorter acting opiod to taper from?

Either way, good luck man.

The easiest way would probably be switching to methadone maintenance, and then tapering down as fast as possible (over no more then a month)

Yes... EXTREME fatigue. I'm not talking fatigue where your tired like sleepy, but if I pick up a 7 lb bag of groceries within about 5-7 seconds my muscles burn as if I've worked out and I can't even pick up the 7 lb bag of groceries. All my muscles fatigue within seconds. My vision will be a little blurry. Very very rare instances but my heart will beat odd.

The most annoying thing is the extreme muscle fatigue. I seriously can't lift anything for longer than a few seconds before I'm forced to drop it.

Yes, there are times where it feels as though I can't breathe right. Like I have to inhale very very deeply and exhale just as hard. Almost feels as though your suffocating.

I guess this is the logical conclusion of the loperamide knowledge equation. The more common the knowledge of loperamide becomes the less educated one needs to be to know about its use. The larger chance of shit like this happening. Just wondering OP why did you pick 72 2 mg pills as a baseline morning dose? My advice is too get on methadone the fact that fairly decent H isn't getting you high is a bad sign because unlike suboxone loperamide doesn't have a ceiling dose. Which simply put means that yes your tolerance is extremely high.

I guess this is the logical conclusion of the loperamide knowledge equation. The more common the knowledge of loperamide becomes the less educated one needs to be to know about its use. The larger chance of shit like this happening. Just wondering OP why did you pick 72 2 mg pills as a baseline morning dose? My advice is too get on methadone the fact that fairly decent H isn't getting you high is a bad sign because unlike suboxone loperamide doesn't have a ceiling dose. Which simply put means that yes your tolerance is extremely high.

I've read alot about high dose loperamide and was once myself addicted to it to maintain after getting deep into opiates. Horrible stuff. The reason for 72 pills is that it is sold in bottles of 72 pills most places.

This isn't just a sign of cardiac problems, the fatigue could be caused by endocrine problems as opioids do affect the endocrine systems.
Low sex hormones, low cortisol, low adrenaline, low growth hormone etc will lead to fatigue and other problems.

This isn't just a sign of cardiac problems, the fatigue could be caused by endocrine problems as opioids do affect the endocrine systems.
Low sex hormones, low cortisol, low adrenaline, low growth hormone etc will lead to fatigue and other problems.

I'm talking heavy fatigue. Totally winded from walking up steps, barely able to carry something 10lbs more then a short distance. Basically syncope or near fainting.

Ugh, only to be used for w/ds at low doses. It WRECKEd my tolerance while I was using, more than Subs it seems. i would take 50 and the next day if I did a shot of oxy...NOTHING...three days later...NOTHING. I mean I still felt it but not as much and It made me not have a rush..the only way I would take it now is not over 40mg and only to taper or w/ds, never daily...first time I took it with no tollerance I took 50 pills and actually started nodding and felt chatty and when nodding was seeing all these colors go by when I had my eyes closed, but STAY AWAY from daily use unless you want a ridiculos tolerance and not feel anything else, plus the heart problem thing. Looong half life, after the first time i did it I was happy and all chatty the next day, so glad I didn't start getting bottles though and get a habbit with it.

Yes, I have that type of fatigue. It's similar to the feeling of working out and your muscle burning and shaking. If I hold a 5 lb weight in my hand extended after a few secs I can't hold it anymore due to extreme fatigue and this has only started since I've been on loper.

Yes, I have that type of fatigue. It's similar to the feeling of working out and your muscle burning and shaking. If I hold a 5 lb weight in my hand extended after a few secs I can't hold it anymore due to extreme fatigue and this has only started since I've been on loper.

This is caused by prolonged qtc heart intervals which cause dangerous heart arrhythmias, such as torsades de pointes, it's very risky to continue the high dose loperamide, you may have a sudden cardiac arrest which could lead to instant death. Please make a switch to a safer opiate for the time being and taper off, i'd recommend methadone as it's much safer then loperamide. Do not combine methadone and loperamide though as methadone can also prolong qtc interval and combined it may further increase your risk of cardiac arrest.

Methadone by itself though is more studied and much safer then loperamide.

Methadone is such a hassle and an act of congress to get. I'd have to spend a day or two at clinic getting tested and paperwork then having to go daily. So most prob get back on suboxone.

Methadone is such a hassle and an act of congress to get. I'd have to spend a day or two at clinic getting tested and paperwork then having to go daily. So most prob get back on suboxone.

The problem is how are you going to get induced back on suboxone? It may be difficult. You'd have to go cold turkey for at least like 4 days so you don't get precipitated withdrawals, maybe even longer. It'll be difficult but if you can do it, all the power to you. Anyways good luck.

Last edited:
why why why why would u take lope as an ORT ? Im so sick of people abusing this shit pill (pun intended) to maintain or get a high. taking loperamide anti diahera pills is NO different to me than taking massive quantities of advil to get a buzz. seriously lope is toxic and is destroying your body more than any other drug.

why why why why would u take lope as an ORT ? Im so sick of people abusing this shit pill (pun intended) to maintain or get a high. taking loperamide anti diahera pills is NO different to me than taking massive quantities of advil to get a buzz. seriously lope is toxic and is destroying your body more than any other drug.
A(fucking)men.