• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide questions

dood42069

Bluelighter
I am planning on getting some loperamide. I am 130 LBS and have no opiate tolerance. I want to take enough to get high but I want to stay in the safe range. Should I take 48 MGS (24 ct bottle)? More? Less? Thanks for answers.

None.

Don't mess around with lope if you have no tolerance, people have died that way. It's only really useful for people going through W/D's and people with diarrhea (fuck me that's a hard word to spell)

Dude, just don't. This substance has zero recreational potential. It's only useful for those going through opioids withdrawals, and even then, just barely.

Trying to get high off this shit is only asking for trouble, not to mention embarrassing.
If I recall correctly, it puts a tremendous strain on the heart. Even if it were capable of getting a person high, it wouldn't be worth it.

Why the hell are you wanting to try to get off with this garbage anyway? Why not real opioids like a normal person? Ones that actually cross the BBB. If legality is a concern, how about kratom?

I absolutely cannot stress enough just how ridiculously unwise this would be. Ineffective and risky/dangerous. You really need to learn about this substance if you actually think abusing it sounds like a good or worthwhile idea. Because it's none of these things. Don't.

-PA

Don't waste your time, as stated. Lope is a last (and I mean last!) ditch effort if you are kicking hard and have nothing coming in, but even the few times I used moderate-heavy doses of it I still felt sick, just like there was a band-aid over a decapitation. As far as taking it alone for fun... no. Last time I mixed lope with heavy gabapentin use and it gave me a nasty grand mal seizure.

Just don't do it, it's not worth it. High doses of lope are cardiotoxic and it's hard/impossible to give you a safe dosage as everyone reacts different and it depends on your blood-brain-barrier as normally lope is pumped back out of the brain via P-gp, but different people have different amounts of P-gp, so a dosage could be just enough for person one, while it's toxic for person two.

Ok that sounds like some dangerous shit. Ill just stay the hell away and wait for my hydros to come in in a couple weeks.

That is very good to hear :) it will be worth the wait, trust and believe ;)

yeah glad to hear you're avoiding it dood, lope has basically no high, its just a way for those of us with opioid dependence to get well and its pretty fraught with danger too. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Well, that is mostly accurate. There is definitely a high (although it's more like a "buzz") with certain doses, but it feels pretty toxic. Using doses like that, at or over 100mg of loperamide, is dangerous and not recommended for anyone really. It's hard to find any benefit really, expect for those who already have a significant habit and want to get well. Nasty, nasty drug when used for non-therapeutic purposes.

Your not gonna get high off them , it may be an "opioid" but it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier.... to get a buzz you would have to take probably 100 pills .

the only thing they are useful for is withdrawl .

Maybe not 100 pills but a lot. But as stated its not worth the risk. You could go into TdP long before you get high and it seems to be dose dependent ala methadone. I wouldnt even recommend high doses to combat WD.

Yes, 100 pills is definitely overkill. And incredibly fucking dangerous as kitty points out.

Even during my worst bouts of WD, I would never even begin to consider high dose loperamide. Just too dangerous.

But I always have some on hand, both at work and at home, to take for the runs when I'm WDing.