• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide is deadly

Methadone is an FDA approved drug and is very safe. Comparing it to people taking crazy amounts of lope is pretty disingenuous.

for all you high dose lope people.....

opiates have never ever made me constipated - even when binging on 100mg oxymorphone for a few days - i have never tried the lope for w/d for fear that i wont shit for a week and when i do it will be a nightmare. i take my morning dose of 100mg of oxycodone and i know its about to kick in when i get out of bed to take a shit...

i've never taken more than 4mg while in w/d to help with diarrhea....

what is the risk of bowel obstruction / impacted colon if i were to try 10-20mg's of lope during w/d? really dont want a to go to the ER after not shitting for a week to have some dude pull it all out......

IMHO, and after going thru WD 100 times plus, I've only used lope to help with the shits (6mgs Max...going to 4...2 etc during the first week of opiate cessation), and secondly, to potentiate other Opiate/Opiods by blocking them from attaching themselves to the receptors in the intestine so more can reach my brains Mu receptors....this teqnique has not been scientifically proven but it did have notable affects on me for sure.

....reading that ppl are actually taking 100mgs of Lope!!!!!! I'm sorry but I would rather go thru WD and anyway 6 mgs is enough to help out with the GI track Wd symptoms.

PapaO

i struggle to think of a worse way to go than an o/d on diarrhea medicine. on the other hand i know how bad SEVERE w/d can be.

this site has always maintained even after the deaths that is was safe to use temporarily if you had high opiate tolerance. am i mistaken in that belief ?

i struggle to think of a worse way to go than an o/d on diarrhea medicine. on the other hand i know how bad SEVERE w/d can be.

this site has always maintained even after the deaths that is was safe to use temporarily if you had high opiate tolerance. am i mistaken in that belief ?
No desperate people that unfortunately make up a good portion of our community won't give up on it and sadly human defense mechanisms lead to people attempting to rationalize by doing everything to convince others it is ok so that they do not think they are the only one saying it is fine allowing them to rationalize it is ok.

People need to stop high dose lope now.... People should only use it as recommended as that has been researched not high dose use.... Might as well obtain mt-45 and develop rashy dry skin patches as well as lose hair for it to grow back white. At least your heart wont stop leaving you u.... dead.

I think temporarily is the key to the sentence that many people disregard.

I only use Loperamide to help me get off baseline. 24-36mg seems to be the sweet spot for me with a moderate habit. High dose Loperamide feels dirty, lethargy-inducing, and just overall very toxic. There is no real "high", but I've found it to be mildly axiomatic, especially when fiendin for real CNS active opiates. That small effect, while consistent for me personally, isn't worth the other nasty side effects alone, much less the added health risks. It induces a dirty near coma-like drowsiness. I've slept for 18hrs straight and have been very angry when I've had something to do but need to sleep another 12.

Use it sparingly and in the lowest doses possible to ease withdrawal.