• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Loperamide in the News

macaroniflowers

Greenlighter
Recently I've been seeing a ton of news about loperamide and I wanted to talk to people who have had experiences with it and get their opinion on how it's being covered. Is this another drug scare or should ppl be talking about it? Idk.

Some reports:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-people-are-overdosing-on-anti-diarrhea-drugs/
https://www.thrillist.com/health/nation/loperamide-high-why-people-are-getting-high-on-imodium

Any thoughts, etc appreciated :)
this is more suited for the "drugs in the news" forum section. in fact i think it may already be posted there.

I just took about 30 lopes a little bit ago. First I started doing that to help with sub withdrawal, now I'm just stuck on the Imodium. Most of the time it just makes me feel normal again but sometimes it does give me a nice body high. I get that warm glow feeling in my gut that heroin or Oxy gives me but that's about it. I can confirm that one time I took 50 pills and it started screwing with my heart. It was not pleasant at all and I was getting really worried about having a heart attack or something. It can be useful if used properly but I'm an addict so I don't use anything properly. I wouldn't be surprised if they started putting it behind the counter soon.

Lope helps me with my 12 a day Oxy addiction withdrawal. I pop 4, and then an hour later take 3 , and then every hour I take 3 more. For the first day. I slept thru the night, 8 hours. I woke up with no leg twitching at all. I abuse oxy and have to wait two weeks until refill. This is the second time I am trying Lope and so far it works. I get them at Wal-Mart for 88¢ a box

BirdSong, are you worried about the lope withdrawals? From what I've read, they seem really really unpleasant.

Considering they is using it to prevent the Oxy withdrawal he is already quite physically dependent on opiates.

He is useing 650% the max dose everyday. If this is going to be a regular practice they may consider getting on a maintenance program and also addressing their addiction.

Another option is to switch over to just the lope and taper that as many people find it easier to taper as it does not get people high.

Last edited:
Lope helps me with my 12 a day Oxy addiction withdrawal. I pop 4, and then an hour later take 3 , and then every hour I take 3 more. For the first day. I slept thru the night, 8 hours. I woke up with no leg twitching at all. I abuse oxy and have to wait two weeks until refill. This is the second time I am trying Lope and so far it works. I get them at Wal-Mart for 88¢ a box

How is your stool? If I take one pill I can't go to the toilet for two days. Which it is supposed to do off course, but I can imagine that being more troublesome with such a large dose.