• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Loperamide for Oxycodone withdrawal

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I've ran out of my Oxycodone script yet again and I done a ton of research on online and apparently taking large doses of Loperamide can help or even stop opioid withdrawal. So I bought 120 capsules from an online pharmacy for peanuts. I took 40mg (20 caps) and I can honestly say my withdrawals have dampened. I might take another 40mg later on which might eliminate my withdrawals completely.

Has anyone else tried using large doses of Loperamide for opioid withdrawal and has it helped u?

Yes it is an excellent tool just keep in mind that high doses (100 mg+) can be very dangerous to the heart especially if you have a predisposition to a condition.

Utilize the lope but don’t make a big habit of it, but it really is incredibly helpful

Yes it is an excellent tool just keep in mind that high doses (100 mg+) can be very dangerous to the heart especially if you have a predisposition to a condition.

Utilize the lope but don’t make a big habit of it, but it really is incredibly helpful

What dose would u recommend?

Loperamide certainly works in high doses, it takes away a large part of the withdrawal and lasts a long time (like 24 hours). However high doses are very dangerous for the heart and can cause death. In the Trip Reports forum there is a TR about loperamide that has turned into a big discussion thread and there are various stories in there over the years of posters nearly dying or people posting about loved ones actually dying.

Loperamide certainly works in high doses, it takes away a large part of the withdrawal and lasts a long time (like 24 hours). However high doses are very dangerous for the heart and can cause death. In the Trip Reports forum there is a TR about loperamide that has turned into a big discussion thread and there are various stories in there over the years of posters nearly dying or people posting about loved ones actually dying.

Thats why I'm asking about safe dosages.

Just because you have been fine doesn't mean you always will be. It causes heart damage and can stop the heart. High-dose loperamide is no joke, other than ODing which is a separate issue, it's the opioid that actually damages you with abuse. I mean if you're talking using it short-term to come off other opiates, then yeah, but if you plan to use it for maintenance long-term, it's a really bad idea.

Just because you have been fine doesn't mean you always will be. It causes heart damage and can stop the heart. High-dose loperamide is no joke, other than ODing which is a separate issue, it's the opioid that actually damages you with abuse. I mean if you're talking using it short-term to come off other opiates, then yeah, but if you plan to use it for maintenance long-term, it's a really bad idea.

I'm only using it till I get my next Oxycodone script on Thursday. So its short-term use. They say is doesnt cross the BBB but it must do in high doses. I suppose its about "flooding the gate".

Loperamide is a 4-phenylpiperidine opioid, in the diphenoxylate subfamily but is also actually a substituted prodine is it not? The point is that the human liver makes a small fraction of it into MPTP if I am not mistaken. There is a pretty good reason that it is not used for analgesia, that being the toxicity. I can imagine a big loading dose for someone with life-threatening diarrhoea in withdrawal from opioids, but taking enough to induce euphoria is not a good idea. I tried it a single time years ago after reading the patent application and other things about it, the thing about ending withdrawal symptoms in monkeys, and it was partially like pethidine, partially like isomethadone, partially like piritramide but I was fearful enough that it counteracted the euphoria quite a bit.

The fact that the American authorities pounced on this so quickly when the word got out was good for that reason, but they attempted the same for poppy seeds too -- those arseholes do not want people to detoxify themsives? I guess getting off opioids can only be done one way, the one with the 98 per cent failure rate.

Last edited:
When I used Lope years ago for WD, I only had to take 2-3 of them to literally get at least 90% of them to go away (the WDs). I was surprised it worked so well, for how much I took.

Oh wow, MPTP (by the way to all) produces parkinson's disease in people. Nothing to fuck around with.

Dextromethadone is also cardiotoxic and non-analgesic and a lot of places still use racaemic methadone for opioid substitution therapy, whereas Polamidone (levomethadone) would be a better idea . . . if I were in that situation I would want to be given MST Continus/MS Contin or Codidol (the dihydrocodeine analogue) and either some kind of completely soluble tablet of dipipanone or dextromoramide for knocking down temptation or paradoxical dysphoria.

The moral of the story is that, in this respect, one cannot improve on Mother Nature. She put the euphoria in morphine too because that is inextricably bound to analgesia -- there is no way to remove it. The well-intended search for a narcotic which does not cause euphoria is the source of such curiosities as pentazocine, phenazocine, and the like. Fentanyl is a general anaesthetic which just happens to hit the opioid receptors and the subjective effects do not hold a candle to morphine and its derivatvies.

Last edited:
Dextromethadone is also cardiotoxic and non-analgesic and a lot of places still use racaemic methadone for opioid substitution therapy, whereas Polamidone (levomethadone) would be a better idea . . . if I were in that situation I would want to be given MST Continus/MS Contin or Codidol (the dihydrocodeine analogue) and either some kind of completely soluble tablet of dipipanone or dextromoramide for knocking down temptation or paradoxical dysphoria.

The moral of the story is that, in this respect, one cannot improve on Mother Nature. She put the euphoria in morphine too because that is inextricably bound to analgesia -- there is no way to remove it. The well-intended search for a narcotic which does not cause euphoria is the source of such curiosities as pentazocine, phenazocine, and the like. Fentanyl is a general anaesthetic which just happens to hit the opioid receptors and the subjective effects do not hold a candle to morphine and its derivatvies.
Are you implying that fentanyl does not produce euphoria? From what I remember in my days of chewing patches, it most certainly produced as much euphoria as morphine..albeit maybe not as significant as in larger doses of morphine.

Are you implying that fentanyl does not produce euphoria? From what I remember in my days of chewing patches, it most certainly produced as much euphoria as morphine..albeit maybe not as significant as in larger doses of morphine.

It is euphoric more for some people than others, as the majority of classes of drugs that slow down the CNS produce euphoria, but unless one has a huge supply of fentanyl or are wearing the patch rather than eating it (I found a golden mean between the two after I heard that ingesting the gel is hepatotoxic -- remove the gel and apply it like suntan lotion and swab the inside of the nose with a cotton swab) the 45-90 minute duration of action is a problem, and some types of opioid have different types of euphoria. Just ask the folks who dislike methadone because of its unnatural actions who feel like they are closing in on Valhalla after eating some dextromoramide tablets or shooting up.

I always figured there was a reason that only fentanyls were considered for transdermal patches -- with the right solvents an acetylmorphone or heroin patch could be made -- and that is how popular misusing an acetylmorphone, smack, oxymorphone or even dipipanone patch would become even amongst people who are not classical drug abusers or psychonauts. By the way, there are acetyl mono- di- and tri- esters of oxymorphone invented in Austria in the 1930s which would be optimal for both a patch and an osmotic engine which improved upon Norplant for long-term administration.

Last edited:
I've done it many times at much higher dosages than what you are experimenting with OP. Granted, when I was doing it fairly frequently, I did not yet fully understand the extent of the dangers involved with abusing this stuff. There are actually multiple reports of death caused by Loperamide (Immodium) as a sole agent. I'm also no longer an Opioid addict, so it's of course easy for me to wag my finger at everyone still doing it. It's hard to remember the desperation of Opioid withdrawal when we're feeling great isn't it? If I had a class and I was ejecting piss and shit like some kind of binary-Yellowstone nightmare, would I take Loperamide?

The hard fact is however, that his shit is quite clearly dangerous and even deadly. There is a difference between a drug being "dangerous" and a drug being literally toxic to the body. Heroin, for instance, does not actually cause physical harm to the user in a direct sense, outside of constipation. Loperamide is indeed toxic to the cardiovascular system. The recommended dosage is 2mg - 4mg every 4-6 hours to my knowledge. Folks using it as a withdrawal-mitigating agent are going to be taking at least 10x this. 100x this is not uncommon and as you might imagine, the risk of cardiovascular distress or sudden death appears to increase relative to dose.

It's a matter of choice, but due to the blatantly dangerous nature of this practice, we really cannot condone it. It would be violating the ethics which we all try so desperately to adhere to. That doesn't mean we can't talk about it. I just want to make my stance totally clear on it. Not recommended.

Vote Bernie 2020

I as a drug addict do not Like Pain, and want a silver bullet to fix things. That why i am an alcoholic and drug addict, no better pain remover ( than maybe a Permanent Solution to a Temporary problem)
I have use Imodium during withdrawals ONLY AS DIRECTED!!!!
It does help with what it is Made for.
It was not intended for use as a Opioid replacement.
It will help
but there is Only one way THROUGH Addiction, you must pass through it Not Around it!!
If withdrawals could be made easy , and use would not continue to escalate >>>>>>>>>>>>
EVERYONE WOULD DE A JUNKIE :)

I as a drug addict do not Like Pain, and want a silver bullet to fix things. That why i am an alcoholic and drug addict, no better pain remover ( than maybe a Permanent Solution to a Temporary problem)
I have use Imodium during withdrawals ONLY AS DIRECTED!!!!
It does help with what it is Made for.
It was not intended for use as a Opioid replacement.
It will help
but there is Only one way THROUGH Addiction, you must pass through it Not Around it!!
If withdrawals could be made easy , and use would not continue to escalate >>>>>>>>>>>>
EVERYONE WOULD DE A JUNKIE :)

Yeah im addicted to my pain meds which are prescribed to me for Neuropathy but if I take them away or if I run out early my Neuropathy gets unbearable! The Neuropathic pain is worse than withdrawal. Alls I need to do is find a way to discipline my self by not taking more than I should. Half the time I JUST about make my prescription last but on other ocassions I'll run out about 4 days early. I'm on a bi-weekly prescription (dispensed fortnightly).

I found it barely euphoric at all when I did it and I know others who agree. On the other hand I've talked to some who say it's their favorite opiate by far.

I found it barely euphoric at all when I did it and I know others who agree. On the other hand I've talked to some who say it's their favorite opiate by far.
Definitely to each their own in that case. I found it to be extremely euphoric. Right there with straight up H.