• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Loperamide for Oxycodone withdrawal

Just saying but I found taking loperamide during opiate WD's (for dhiarrea) everyday for quite a while (about 10 days)prolonged my WD's and I also believe I then had to WD from lope, which as about 48hrs

An update I can provide is that the potentially neurotoxic metabolite of loperamide is the closely-related LPP rather than MPTP and LPP supposedly does not cross the blood-brain barrier, but given what we hear about what are manifestly the results of central mu and delta opioid agonism and given that lots of people concomitantly take proton pump inhibitors expressly to slow down the pumping of the loperamide back out of the brain, why take chances?

It bears mentioning again because of what people in the USA are trying to do with kratom and poppy seeds after responding to the loperamide rumours in record time -- it is obvious that the idea here is to shunt more money into the hands of the paymasters in charge of the rehab indu$try with their dark ages methodology which fails 49 times out of 50 rather than keep people from, in the case of mega-doses of loperamide, prolonging their QT interval and getting Torsade des Pointes, which if it goes on for four heartbeats puts one on the floor and seven or eight sends one to the morgue. Show me a politician, journalist or busybody citizen who yammers on about the "opioid crisis" and I'll show you a bone deep cynic who doesn't give a rip about addicts, or is a complete dupe. Maybe it could be both simultaneously -- I've read 1984 and it sounds familiar. The c-sers bullied the doctors and apothecaries to ending the "crisis" six years ago for God's sake, resulting in the flood of fentanyls, benzamides, benzimidizoles and other trash on the street which killed all sorts of people -- which brings up all sorts of ugly political, parapolitical, and geopolitical possibilities. Some fentanyls are listed as Weapons of Mass Destruction for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
Loperamide genuinely brings me out of WD at doses of 40mg twice a day for a short period of time. The longest I've done this is for 4 days with no adverse effects. I normally use Dihydrocodeine to bring me out of WD which I've got on the way so I don't have to use the Loperamide. Hopefully the DHC arrives before the weekend.

Dihydrocodeine extended-release has been used as a detoxification and maintenance opioid -- Substitutionmittel -- in Austria and elsewhere in the region for a long time and I remember it fondly as an analgesic. William S Burroughs said it was "twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin" and some folks have said that chewing the tablets "feels just like smack" and so forth.

Forty milligrammes of loperamide sounds much more sensible than some things I have heard and read, like a gramme all at once and so forth .. . .holy cats one's insides must look like the day after the explosion at Chernobyl after that. The regime of 40 mg q12h for 96 hours maximum could be around the top of the therapeutic range used in rare cases of high cross-tolerance if difenoxin or whole-opium products are not available. Conservatism certainly appears to be indicated.