• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lope dependent

Mgellar94

Greenlighter
Hello! So little background of me. I was an on and off again opiate/heroin addict for 8 years. Haven’t touched any of it in three years, literally no desire to go back. Now the problem is I used Loperamide to ease symptoms after leaving detox and three years later still take them every day 🤦🏻‍♀️ I only take 8-12 mgs a day but I am so over it! I’m constantly constipated, stomach problems, dehydrated. I can’t lose weight, I have no energy, etc. If I don’t take them like clock work, 4:00ish the yawns and irritation starts. I’ve never felt anything from the Lopes and sometimes I feel like it’s completely mental. I have built a great “normal” life, I have kids husband house dog the whole deal but mentally and physically over my Lope dependency and honestly there is not a lot of info out there about it. Just looking for some similar stories and help! Thanks everyone 🙂

Hello @Mgellar94 - welcome to Bluelight!

I'm going to shoot this over to Health and Recovery, where you'll get more support.

Glad you found us and i hope you find what you're looking for.

Peace!

Hello! So little background of me. I was an on and off again opiate/heroin addict for 8 years. Haven’t touched any of it in three years, literally no desire to go back. Now the problem is I used Loperamide to ease symptoms after leaving detox and three years later still take them every day 🤦🏻‍♀️ I only take 8-12 mgs a day but I am so over it! I’m constantly constipated, stomach problems, dehydrated. I can’t lose weight, I have no energy, etc. If I don’t take them like clock work, 4:00ish the yawns and irritation starts. I’ve never felt anything from the Lopes and sometimes I feel like it’s completely mental. I have built a great “normal” life, I have kids husband house dog the whole deal but mentally and physically over my Lope dependency and honestly there is not a lot of info out there about it. Just looking for some similar stories and help! Thanks everyone 🙂
I think you could do a rapid taper AND use gabapentin AND a benzo for like a week to ease the withdrawals AND make them More beaeable. Like 5-7 days then stop all meds, otherwise youll get hooked on those too AND the cycle Will keep going on AND on AND on... Good luck