Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Looking for new(er) good sci-fi movies & series

In past I liked Stargate partially, guess more Atlantis than SG-1 but certainly less so Star Trek. Part of them was well, somehow bory. All that counseling for example. Not that I need full on action all the time but I like psychological tension and horror elements. The new star wars is ok even when I didn't like the classic ones too much.

Am looking for some exciting and immersive new sci-fi stuff, with elements of space travel or similar, but somehow wasn't yet successful.
Just thought I'll ask you guys 😎

Sounds similar to my tastes. I would recommend Event Horizon, Sunshine, and the Riddick trilogy (Pitch Black, Chronicles, Riddick).

Thanks for all the recommendations! :) I'm going to watch Predestination now ... oh, and I missed Doctor Who, and the spin-off Torchwood in my list of what I liked.

@mr peabody Think I know Event Horizon, definitely worth to watch it.. is about this mysterious warp drive with a black hole that sucks people in?

Think I know Event Horizon, definitely worth to watch it.. is about this mysterious warp drive with a black hole that sucks people in?
Event Horizon was probably the most disturbing film I have ever viewed... and I've really been getting into horror lately too. I only finished with the aid of etizolam and blacked out my memory of some parts.

Predestination was nice, yet too short. They should have made a series out of the idea like "travelers".. but keep on the good recommendations guys!

@Cream Gravy? I like watching this sort of sci fi horror while high on dissociatives :D it makes me feel like I actually experienced the movie, so I need at least open end if not a good one but I hate bad ends ...

yeah it's about a ship that tries to do FTL travel via wormhole but it takes a wrong turn somewhere near Albuquerque and ends up in "a dimension of pure chaos".

set design is really good, fits the gothic horror vibe perfectly. the ending is not grim either

this is also excellent mate, what they did on the supposed budget they had is truly class, it's slick as they come.

Upgrade

Set in the near-future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life. But when the world of Grey, a self-labeled technophobe, is turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant.

I kinda liked David Lynch's Dune
It was OK. I don't think it did justice to the book, or alluded to the rest of the series that could have been made into movies. If it had been done "properly" it would easily have been a rival for Star Wars. Albeit for a slightly different audience. But then the same goes for Asimov's 'I Robot' series (I, Robot, The Robots of Dawn, The Naked Sun, The Rest Of The Robots, The Caves of Steel, Robots and Empire) leading up to the Foundation series.

No mention of Firefly? I don't exactly search out sci fi series, but it was very good and enjoyable, people say it's like one of the best sci-fi series ever.
I liked The Expanse too, quite a bit actually, but the 4th season was a stepdown imo

Event Horizon was probably the most disturbing film I have ever viewed... and I've really been getting into horror lately too. I only finished with the aid of etizolam and blacked out my memory of some parts.

Yeah, I remember it was quite scary to watch just after reading this:

What might be the practical implications of post-Everett quantum mechanics for intelligent moral agents? One practical implication of the reality of other macroscopic branches might be to compel a systematic reassessment of our notions of "acceptable" risk. Recognition of the freakish unlikelihood of various desired outcomes does not stop most of us playing the National Lottery; but the converse doesn't hold. Thus we are accustomed to thinking that various nasty scenarios are of negligible likelihood, and even vanishingly small possibility; and then disregarding them altogether in the way we behave. Yet if a realistic interpretation of quantum mechanics is correct, then all these physically possible events actually happen, albeit only in low-density branches of the universal wavefunction. So one should always act "unnaturally" responsibly, driving one's car not just slowly and cautiously, for instance, but ultracautiously. This is because one should aim to minimise the number of branches in which one injures anyone, even if leaving a trail of mayhem is, strictly speaking, unavoidable. If a motorist doesn't leave a (low-density) trail of mayhem, then quantum mechanics is false. This systematic re-evaluation of ethically acceptable risk needs to be adopted world-wide. Post-Everett decision theory should be placed on a sound institutional, research and socio-economic footing, not just pursued by responsible Everettistas on an individual basis. The ramifications of the Everett interpretation of quantum mechanics are ethically too momentous for purely private initiative. Our moral intuitions fail because natural selection equipped us to deal with a classical world rather than a Multiverse. Human beings tend to discount "remote" risks by treating the probability of such events as zero. Ultimately, perhaps ethical decision-making should be performed by quantum supercomputers doing felicific calculus across world-branches; quantum ethics may be computationally too difficult even for enhanced post-human brains. For it's worth stressing that Everett's relative state interpretation of quantum mechanics doesn't propose "anything goes". The branching structure of the Multiverse precisely replicates the probabilities predicted by the Born rule. There are no branches supporting civilisations in the middle of the Sun. Nor are there any branches where, for instance, one of the world's religions is true (as distinct from believed to be true): Everett is not a theory of magic. But the universal wavefunction does encode hell-worlds beyond our worst nightmares, albeit at very low density.