• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Looking for feedback on my use

BioTried

Greenlighter
I am a IV herion user. I’m educated with my undergrad and grad degree, have worked I. Healthcare a long time. Spinal surgery got me hooked on opioids.

So I’ve been on IV herion for 4yrs. I know no one that uses. So I don’t know if I have a large dose habit or not. I’m on the west coast, so I get brown sugar or tar herion.

I use 3 times a day. Around noon I measure out 100mg. Around 5pm another 100mg. At night around 11pm I measure out 250mg-380mg. I never use more than this. I even go to the gym 5 days a week.

I can easily get by on 1/2 gram a day. Takes about 12-14hrs to start feeling any type of WD. Usually calves start to hurt. I go through 5 grams every 8 days.

How would you size up my addition?

Thanks

12-14 hours before withdrawals within normal, so I wouldn't take that to mean anything. (I'd generally get sick at 8-12 hours after my shot)

Half a gram a day... Well obviously it depends on purity and it's not obvious or universal what constitutes average, but to me I'd call that a moderate level of usage?

Ok so heres what I'm gonna say. Right now... It sounds to me like you have your iv heroin habit under control. Now in itself that's not super unusual.

My concern for you would be... What happens when life goes to shit?

People sometimes are able to maintain a habit and remain quite high functioning for years... Then one day life goes to shit.. As tends to happen to almost everyone sooner or later. And then that heroin use is a giant liability that rapidly gets out of control.

So yea, take that for whatever it's worth.

But to answer your question, and keeping in mind that it's kinda relative. To me I'd call half a gram a day a moderate habit. Not small, but not huge either. Given you've been using only 4 years, I'd say it sounds fairly average, to my experiences anyway?

Take care man. <3

Last edited:
12-14 hours before withdrawals within normal, so I wouldn't take that to mean anything. (I'd generally get sick at 8-12 hours after my shot)

Half a gram a day... Well obviously it depends on purity and it's not obvious or universal what constitutes average, but to me I'd call that a moderate level of usage?

Ok so heres what I'm gonna say. Right now... It sounds to me like you have your iv heroin habit under control. Now in itself that's not super unusual.

People sometimes are able to maintain a habit and remain quite high functioning for years... Then one day life goes to shit.. As tends to happen to almost everyone sooner or later. And then that heroin use is a giant liability that rapidly gets out of control.

But to answer your question, and keeping in mind that it's kinda relative. To me I'd call half a gram a day a moderate habit. Not small, but not huge either. Given you've been using only 4 years, I'd say it sounds fairly average, to my experiences anyway?

Take

Take care man. <3
thank you. I really know nothing about the strength. I never nod out, even in the beginning. I was a workaholic my entire life. Work and school both full time. I sold a business and tried for 6 mi the to get a job. Feeling worthless, my dry addiction became an fulfilled addiction when I came across herion in Mexico. Is really cheap. $35 a gram even here in the states. I’ve applied for jobs since 2016 and I’m still unemployed. Granted I’m a >$100k a year salary earner and those jobs are fewer than in the past. For me anyway. I have a wife and kids. I’ve been to detox twice. My wife has no idea. If she knew it would crush her and perhaps destroy our marriage. Even the idea of quoting on my own I’m not clear on. Is weaning possible? I have clonodine, benzos, gabapentin, zofram, baclophen, somas, and Ambien. Any WD issue I’d have I’d think I’d have covered, except I really don’t think I’d be able to sleep even if I dosed myself into oblivion. As mentioned, all I k ownabout herion is what I know personally and google. Would .5g be hard to kick? I stopped a 150mg a Day habit of oxy by cold turkey. Is IV heriona big leap from that? Thanks a bunch.

thank you. I really know nothing about the strength. I never nod out, even in the beginning. I was a workaholic my entire life. Work and school both full time. I sold a business and tried for 6 mi the to get a job. Feeling worthless, my dry addiction became an fulfilled addiction when I came across herion in Mexico. Is really cheap. $35 a gram even here in the states. I’ve applied for jobs since 2016 and I’m still unemployed. Granted I’m a >$100k a year salary earner and those jobs are fewer than in the past. For me anyway. I have a wife and kids. I’ve been to detox twice. My wife has no idea. If she knew it would crush her and perhaps destroy our marriage. Even the idea of quoting on my own I’m not clear on. Is weaning possible? I have clonodine, benzos, gabapentin, zofram, baclophen, somas, and Ambien. Any WD issue I’d have I’d think I’d have covered, except I really don’t think I’d be able to sleep even if I dosed myself into oblivion. As mentioned, all I k ownabout herion is what I know personally and google. Would .5g be hard to kick? I stopped a 150mg a Day habit of oxy by cold turkey. Is IV heriona big leap from that? Thanks a bunch.

Again it depends on how strong the heroin you're getting it (and if it's actually heroin and not something else being sold as heroin obviously).

But, I would certainly say it's probably gonna be very unpleasant yeah. But I have a low tolerance for withdrawal.

I would agree with the assessment that that is a moderate habit. I too am on the west coast, also an IV heroin addict. Half a gram a day was pretty standard for me in active addiction. Sometimes a gram a day, but that would be like a super excessive shooting day for me, most likely speedballs. So I’ve always questioned how people who claim to shoot like 3+ grams a day could ever realistically maintain that habit unless they were getting super shit dope. Like Jess said though, don’t think it can’t happen to you. I maintained a functional habit for years until only recently fucking everything to complete and utter shit. It’s not really about the amount you use. Shit just tends to unravel after a while and you never see it coming until it’s way too late.

I can’t praise the benefits of buprenorphine enough. If you can obtain any, I highly recommend it. It doesn’t take much and you can make a little bit go a long way. I’ve done methadone in the past, but I can’t do a quick taper as successfully as I can with buprenorphine. Your kick will definitely be pretty miserable without it and will most certainly be noticeable to your family. Don’t let that discourage you from going for it though. You’ll feel so much better on the other side. I just got a week under my belt and I’m starting to feel better every day. Good luck!

Last edited:
See I’m really curious about this now. If you do say 2 grams a day, that’s 10 .2 shots or 6 .3 shots give or take. If you’re up 12 hours of the day that’s like at least a massive shot every 2 hours. 0.2 was usually plenty enough for me and I would usually use 3 times a day. Though it’s definitely not impossible, I don’t see how I could use 2 grams day in and day out. And I definitely don’t consider myself a lightweight and this last run of mine lasted nearly 3 years straight. So what’s the deal?

I guess. I didn’t think my dope was all that special either. I guess it’s hard to say though because if irc, when I was using in another region i remember buying a gram and doing 4 shots out of it usually daily and it was a lot cheaper then too. This was like 7 years ago though. Doing a 1/2 g shot to me just sounds unpleasant, but if that’s how much it takes then that’s how much it takes. I was abusing benzos and alcohol a lot too though so who knows.

Oh roger that comrade. I’m typically always aiming for unconsciousness. That’s why I started mixing things and doing speedballs.

Regardless of the size of your habit, it will only get worse unless you reign it in now. Don't try and ride it out. Don't think you can control it.

It will fuckin destroy you...