• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

looking for answers, sub taper...

gypsyanon

Greenlighter
Okay, if you've read any of my other threads, you know this... If not... Real quick...

I am tapering off of sub. I was on 8mg for 5 months. Want off the opiate train, plain and simple. I am down to 6mg a day and am stable. I've been at 6mg for almost 2 weeks.

I did suffer from pretty bad morning anxiety for a few days, but that has passed and it definitely was not bad enough to want to quit my taper...

Heres my question...

I read a lot about jumping and the wds whenyou do. I am planning on jumping at .25mg - i suffer from bipolar and generalized anxiety so that is why I am taking it slow and to a very low dose. (I was using 30-100mg of oxy a day for 1.5 years, starting at 5mg and ending at anywhere between 30-100mg for the last 3 months of using...)

Anyways, will this low of a mg leave me withmostly manageable wds?

And the biggest question.. I read some people suffering from insomnia and some people who jump and are very lethargic and tired and just sleep all of the time after jumping...

How was it for you when you quit any of the opiates you have taken or when you tapered off of sub?

Do you just feel tired and sleep all day, but suffer from insomnia at night? Or can sleep fine, but sleep too much? Or suffer from straight insomnia? I guess that's my biggestwworry.

Thanks.

I went from 16mg a day down to .25mg over the course of 2 years. I don't want to scare you but suboxone wd's were just as bad...if not worse than heroin wd's for me. I didn't sleep for close to a month...maybe 2 hours a night if I was lucky.
I was also in constant achy pain. Restless legs were also 10x worse than kicking dope.

I hope this is just my experience and it is much easier for you. I know this is not really harm reduction...but maybe have a few benzos handy for the first week or so. I ordered some etizolam right before I jumped and it lightened the load a little bit...it was still terrible though.

Good luck and stick with it...after amonth or so you'll be feeling better

So if I am on 6mg of subutex a day now, where do you go from here? Down to 4mg or all the way to 2mg? I am so depressed I am not sure if continuing to taper is the best plan? Or is sub causing the depression?

Honestly I would talk to your doctor and voice your concerns. They may be able to put you on gabapentin/clonodine or something for your taper.

But really its all in how you feel. If you think you can taper down without going back out....do it.

Its a tough call