• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Looking for advice on if my mda schedule is dumb, how much more neurotoxic is mda than mdma?

Troco72

Bluelighter
Hear me out I'm gonna give some context please don't Bash me just tell me if im being a dumbass and I won't do it.

So I've been on probation the last 4 years (only 22 years old) and I'm about to be done in 2-3 months. It's really starting to suck though, surprisingly knowing a time frame actually makes it worse even though it's soon. It's like time ticks so fucking slowly. Not to mention I'm struggling a bit mentally and could use some breaks. And I can't just go out to relax for a plethora of reasons (no car , 60 hour a week work schedule, can't risk getting covid as I live with someone with a compromised immune system etc etc) so having some days I can relax is something I've been struggling to find and would like to use some substance to help get by until I'm off probation and can smoke weed.

I was planning on taking mdma once every month for the next 3 months to help me get by. I know this isn't super reccomended , but my thought process is that weed is my drug of choice. And once I'm off probation I can just smoke and not take mdma for like 6-12 months to let my synapses rest.

But I actually ended up getting mda I realized after testing it , after doing some research I read that it's more neurotoxic than mdma. But by how much I have no idea. Is my idea of taking it once a month for 3 months a terrible idea even with my plan to abstain for 6-12 months now that I know it's mda?

I know there's not enough research for a definitive answer but I'd like some idea and I can't seem to find any specific answers online.

Tldr: is mda once a month for 3 months dangerous if I take a 6-12 month break afterwards?

How much MDA do you plan to take every month?

Did you test your substance for MDA and MDMA to ensure it is only MDA?

Also, if you don't mind me asking what have you done in the last 3 years 9 months in place of weed?

In my experience you should really get a jewelry scale to measure out 100mg and see what it looks like. Then cut your dosage in quarter or in thirds. Start small, set a timer for 45 minutes and forget about it. If you don't feel any effects at all you can up your dose closer to 100mg until you do.

How much MDA do you plan to take every month?

Did you test your substance for MDA and MDMA to ensure it is only MDA?

Also, if you don't mind me asking what have you done in the last 3 years 9 months in place of weed?

In my experience you should really get a jewelry scale to measure out 100mg and see what it looks like. Then cut your dosage in quarter or in thirds. Start small, set a timer for 45 minutes and forget about it. If you don't feel any effects at all you can up your dose closer to 100mg until you do.
I mean personally I wanted to take a 200mg dose and then hour later 100mg but maybe that's stupid lol. I've done this mda before so I know I enjoy those doses. But if imma be dosing this frequently it's probably stupid (I'm an acid head so I can handle high doses of mda mdma and the like)

Yes I did

Acid once a week. Dmt when I can get my hands on it , very infrequent salvia, kratom 5g doses 3 times a day twice a week. Kava almost daily all day (supplement thats similar but probably safer than Alcohol) a gram of cocaine over the time span of 2 weeks used throughout the two weeks every two weeks with nasal rinses to help my nose, adderall here and there to substitute coffee hilariously enough.

I do have a scale for it. Are you sure that's the right route though? I've heard that redoses of smaller amounts are worse for you than a singular big dose.

Yea don’t take small doses especially since you already know the potency of the product, no need for it and as you said it will majorly increase the toxicity.

I suggest against your idea mainly because I get the impression it could be difficult for you to not dose for 6-12mos afterwards. Your already taking a lot of drugs to be honest. LSD once a week, tripping on other stuff often as you can, kava and kratom daily, cocaine and adderall what sounds to be almost daily or daily. You gotta be the kind of person that can for certain stay away after the fact cuz eating too much MDA can be rough.

-GC

Yea don’t take small doses especially since you already know the potency of the product, no need for it and as you said it will majorly increase the toxicity.

I suggest against your idea mainly because I get the impression it could be difficult for you to not dose for 6-12mos afterwards. Your already taking a lot of drugs to be honest. LSD once a week, tripping on other stuff often as you can, kava and kratom daily, cocaine and adderall what sounds to be almost daily or daily. You gotta be the kind of person that can for certain stay away after the fact cuz eating too much MDA can be rough.

-GC
Alright cool thanks foretting Me know!

So listen I mean this respectfully I'm not being argumentative so please hear me out.

I know I have an addictive personality, the fact that I'm substituting weed proves it. However, weed is my drug of choice, what I mean by this , is weed intoxicates me more heavily than any drug I've tried in my life besides tryptamines. This includes ketamine and mda.

Because of this, the only drugs I can see myself using unless it's like at a party or something where someone wants to do something with me, is kava/alcohol because it's a sedative and effects are completely different than weed, tryptaminrs for the same reason of being completely different. And mdma for similar reasons.

However I'm a major hypochondriac (health anxiety) I have full blown panic attacks when I get tingles in my fingers from laying on my arm wrong and I start googling heart attack symptoms. Long story short. I only use substances within my standards of moderation.

And although I listed alot of substances , it's because I think small amounts of all these substances is much healthier than moderate amounts of a few or large amounts of one (unless we're talking tryptamines and weed but tryptamines can't be done all the time and I'm on probation)

Tldr: weed is my drug of choice by a long Shot it gives me the most intense pleasure. And I'd he terrified and literally call an ambulance from a panic to do mdma all the time. The whole reason I can enjoy myself is because I know I'm going to be alright. It's why I don't take pills except the adderall from a family members script, they're they're often cut with fentanyl and even if I test them one of the batch could be cut.

So I can guarantee for a fact that I can take a year break off of it once I can smoke weed again. Weed every day and acid once every other week. And some kava here and there is enough for me to be more than content but rather have everything I want.

Only reason I using these substances currently is because I can't smoke weed. Before probation I'd only do acid once every few weeks. Drink very very rarely. And mdma once or twice a year. And then maybe some cocaine or ket if a friend specifically wants to do it with me at an event or something

So assuming I can take a break. Is once a month for 3 months safe if I take a break? And if so how long do you reccomend the break to be?

Ps. If you know anything about the supplement nac and care to inform me I'd appreciate that as well :)

I feel you man, my good friend was the same way during probation tripping all the time cuz he didn’t feel satisfied not having cannabis in his life. Just tread carefully cuz it’s a slippery slope.

I also am one to combine a lot of different drugs to get a desired effect, particularly when I roll and trip (often together.) But… I’d still say taking LSD weekly is too much, and even though it’s just a gram of cocaine every 2 weeks, cocaine is more about building a habit than the amounts used. Just a lot going on every day and still not satisfied spells trouble if MDxx substances get thrown in and get overused cuz they too are scratching the itch.

-GC

I feel you man, my good friend was the same way during probation tripping all the time cuz he didn’t feel satisfied not having cannabis in his life. Just tread carefully cuz it’s a slippery slope.

I also am one to combine a lot of different drugs to get a desired effect, particularly when I roll and trip (often together.) But… I’d still say taking LSD weekly is too much, and even though it’s just a gram of cocaine every 2 weeks, cocaine is more about building a habit than the amounts used. Just a lot going on every day and still not satisfied spells trouble if MDxx substances get thrown in and get overused cuz they too are scratching the itch.

-GC
Oh I'm not mixing them, i just use one of them every day, mixing them would throw my harm reduction argument out the window , totally get what you mean. And that's a fair point with the mdma being thrown in the mix being dangerous with my need to use something everyday. I'll be careful, thanks for being so understanding and responsible at the same time :)

You've been doing all that for the last 3 years 9 months? And no weed the whole time? No offense and I know you will probably disagree based on your previous responses but I wouldnt doubt that when you can smoke weed again you will find it not a satisfying and still want to mess around with these other drugs you have been doing. And surely you will find ways to rationalize doing just that.

I sure hope I'm wrong but knowing there is a strong psychological component of addiction to many of the substances you are using...I think you might struggle to drop them all for just weed. Initially the weed will probably have you floored but you will quickly build your tolerance up and will probably find it doesnt effect as strongly as it once did.

Sorry no advice for the MDA question other than to say - you have made it this far just tough it out the rest of the way with what you've been doing. Why add an additional risk? You're soooooo close!!

Also, good for you man - not a lot of people can make it thru 4 years of probation without violating!! Congratulations!

I said to take a small, suggested dose of 100mg but start off with roughly 25mg or 33mg and increase up to 100mg. Obviously taking too much of anything too quickly can be toxic to the human body, even water. Studies have shown that using high doses taken twice weekly can cause heart problems. It sounds like you're taking anything and everything that will not last more than 72 hours in your urine to replace the effects you feel from cannabis. I would definitely start off small if it is very potent and not jump straight to 300mg within a 60 minute period especially if the effects last up to 6 hours. Every one is different and it sounds like you don't have experience with MDA yet so that's another reason to start off slow. I've had plenty of experiences with MDA and shrooms together. I always make sure I feel the effects of MDA first before ingesting a carefully measured dosage of psilocybin and my social anxiety melts away among other things. For me it's also a very close replication of being stoned but with more energy.

A quote from TheThirdWave:
"A simple way to prevent harm from either substance is to carefully measure doses, and to space out sessions. Consistent use of MDA or MDMA can cause serious harm– one should limit one’s sessions to at least once every few months."

MDA is said to be 2x as neurotoxic as MDMA. Take only 100mg, and you should be fine.

You've been doing all that for the last 3 years 9 months? And no weed the whole time? No offense and I know you will probably disagree based on your previous responses but I wouldnt doubt that when you can smoke weed again you will find it not a satisfying and still want to mess around with these other drugs you have been doing. And surely you will find ways to rationalize doing just that.

I sure hope I'm wrong but knowing there is a strong psychological component of addiction to many of the substances you are using...I think you might struggle to drop them all for just weed. Initially the weed will probably have you floored but you will quickly build your tolerance up and will probably find it doesnt effect as strongly as it once did.

Sorry no advice for the MDA question other than to say - you have made it this far just tough it out the rest of the way with what you've been doing. Why add an additional risk? You're soooooo close!!

Also, good for you man - not a lot of people can make it thru 4 years of probation without violating!! Congratulations!
Nah no offense taken I appreciate you looking out for me. I clearly have a problem in the sense that I need to be under the influence of something every day. But realistically speaking the amount of stuff I'm doing per day isn't large it's just when you add it up it's a good bit. Now clearly this shows an issue.

But my idea is that I smoked weed and only smoked weed and took acid for years and years , i kept to a quarter a week me and my partner split between eachother. Clearly I'm dependent, but I was dependent on specifically weed and didn't let it get out of control for years despite having the money to do so. Mix that with the fact that weed is my drug of choice. I feel pretty confident that I'll be fine with weed occasional Psychedelic use and kava here and there.

none of these substances I'm currently using I really enjoy all that much at all frankly. Cocaine is unbelievably weak to the point that I don't understand how it could be someone's drug ofnchoice unless they want something they can work on, but then I'm like "why not just take an addy" kratom makes me sick and opiates have always felt either not strong , or I take more and I just get itchy and uncomfortable. Kava I can't drink too much cuz my chronic headaches and Nausea. Blah blah blah.

I just have faith that weed has been and always will be my wonder drug. And that sure I may throw other things into the mix with friends and special occasions , but smoking and a bit of kava thrown in sounds like what I want. Like anything else doesn't seem interesting. I mean I am concerned about mdma because that's one of the only few drugs I actually really like (weed, tryptamines, kava, mdma) but with my hypochondriac shit I just don't see myself abusing it out of fear for brain damage wich is my literal biggest fear.

I appreciate the concern. If I start feeling like I need to smoke more and more and more I'll take a step to acknowledge that maybe I can't handle substance use period And take action. For now I'm hopeful that once I have my wonder drug back I'll be just like I always was , dependent on it. But never abusing it.

Nah no offense taken I appreciate you looking out for me. I clearly have a problem in the sense that I need to be under the influence of something every day. But realistically speaking the amount of stuff I'm doing per day isn't large it's just when you add it up it's a good bit. Now clearly this shows an issue.

But my idea is that I smoked weed and only smoked weed and took acid for years and years , i kept to a quarter a week me and my partner split between eachother. Clearly I'm dependent, but I was dependent on specifically weed and didn't let it get out of control for years despite having the money to do so. Mix that with the fact that weed is my drug of choice. I feel pretty confident that I'll be fine with weed occasional Psychedelic use and kava here and there.

none of these substances I'm currently using I really enjoy all that much at all frankly. Cocaine is unbelievably weak to the point that I don't understand how it could be someone's drug ofnchoice unless they want something they can work on, but then I'm like "why not just take an addy" kratom makes me sick and opiates have always felt either not strong , or I take more and I just get itchy and uncomfortable. Kava I can't drink too much cuz my chronic headaches and Nausea. Blah blah blah.

I just have faith that weed has been and always will be my wonder drug. And that sure I may throw other things into the mix with friends and special occasions , but smoking and a bit of kava thrown in sounds like what I want. Like anything else doesn't seem interesting. I mean I am concerned about mdma because that's one of the only few drugs I actually really like (weed, tryptamines, kava, mdma) but with my hypochondriac shit I just don't see myself abusing it out of fear for brain damage wich is my literal biggest fear.

I appreciate the concern. If I start feeling like I need to smoke more and more and more I'll take a step to acknowledge that maybe I can't handle substance use period And take action. For now I'm hopeful that once I have my wonder drug back I'll be just like I always was , dependent on it. But never abusing it.
Lol I'm the king at rationalizing addiction xDD I really am self aware I just have no current reason until I'm shown evidence that weed isn't enough for me , because it always was in the past. I promise that if im showing signs of that not being the case anymore I'll reevaluate use period <3

Lol I'm the king at rationalizing addiction xDD I really am self aware I just have no current reason until I'm shown evidence that weed isn't enough for me , because it always was in the past. I promise that if im showing signs of that not being the case anymore I'll reevaluate use period <3
I truly wish you the best, you def sound like a rationalizer but also strong willed and self aware. Actually after re-reading the first comments and now these new ones, I feel pretty confident you will be able to do just what you say! Before you were on paper and were smoking regularly did you ever do tolerance breaks or anything?

I agree with you about coke. I never really like it, always made me feel shitty and the day after always hurt. I think meth or Adderall just feels much cleaner.

Opiates are me demon. I'm hooked on this trash fentanalogue bs. Tbh I don't even really like the high all that much, you go from zero to 100 with no real in between, none of itchiness and euphoria. Really just doing it to not be sick and the occasionally hardcore nod. I miss Roxy 30s, best feeling itchy face feeling ever lol.

Again, good luck to you dude n congrats on completing probation!!

There is barely any difference in the neurotoxicity between MDMA or MDA follow the same safety rules you'd use for MDMA for MDA then you'll be fine.