• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Look What I Found! Are these opium poppies (palaver somniferum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitruc313

Greenlighter
Can anyone with experience tell me if these are Papaver Somniferum? I was pretty positive that they were until I started googling around now I am so confused. I am worried they could be the Corn Poppies (papaver r.)

Help me out BLers! I want to make some tea tonight.

http://imgur.com/a/YkDYC

if that link doesn't work try this:

http://m.imgur.com/a/YkDYC

yes, definitely opium poppies. are you in the uk? theyre everywhere in the summer. just smash them up into powder and make tea. looks like you have about 9-10 small heads there, so use half and see where that gets you if you have no tolerance.

Actually I am in the U.S. State of Michigan. These are rare here. They came from a garden that had a huge variety of different plants.

How certain would you say you are that these are Papaver S.? Everyone to look at these pics on reddit also agreed that they are Opium poppies, yet I still am skeptical. What physical properties do these pods possess that tell you it is, in fact, Papaver Somniferum?

They're Papaver, but somniverus, you can't know. Plant them in your garden and you'll see.

I'm not sure what you mean
"You can't know" I do know it's spelled Somniferum though.

Would you say these are opium poppies?

okay bud, somebody already answered your question saying "definitely" then another poster came along and said, there is no way 100% for sure we can promise you they are even they they look 99.9% like them and if you have a problem believing that he recommended you go plant them in your yard and see what kind of flowers bloom. But I mean it doesn't take a genius to go on google and compare them which I just did, and they look to be opium poppies. Just re-read smackydowners post.

Status
Not open for further replies.