• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Long term effects from IV Subutex (Specific Advice Needed)

chase_in_56ace

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey guys, havent made a thread in a while and been a tad bit inactive so just to preface, my life's been generally going good. My gf and I are both on a stable regiment of Subutex and have been working a lot more on than off. Hats off to those of yall that persistently carry a message of hope to the seemingly helpless addict; aside from <10 very pointless, careless "slips" since 11/04/16 I've been free from heroin's death grip on my mind, body, and soul.

Enough of my BL lovenote 8) and on to the thread. Im currently Rx'd (and worked my way down since November) :

- 800mg Gabapentin 3x/day
- 2mg Xanax once daily
- 12mg of generic Subutex (4mg x 3times a day)

My main problem is still the needle fixation. The fact that people claim it to be useless as there is no rush reminds me of when I heard that response mentioning I shot Roxies back in the day. Its the INSTANT ONSET im hooked to. My gf just got on them is starting to sniff them every other dose. I bang em every time. Mostly cuz I end up 2-3mg x 2 times a day instead of 12mg/daily sublingual.

Any tips to potentiate my dose? Keep in mind I also don't take my Alprazolam every day at that dose. My sub doc is pretty much a crook and I'm no fool; I usually take one or two the first day and bang 4mg of Sub directly after to catch my one nod of the month and stick to 0.5mg -1mg daily tops if I really need it.

Keep hearing to go the antihistamine route... should I ask for some Vistoril? What are the best potentiators for subs guys? I need to make it easier to get to snorting them then somehow one day possibly dream about putting one under my tongue. Jesus, I feel a long way off.

By the way guys, I'm double filtering with super tight prewet cotton balls and all but .... i know its coming... and I know my HR... i should be using micron filters. Any studies showing long term damage from IVing generic subutex, possibly without too many other "potential culprits" in the publishings? Specifically, this is a WHITE, ROUND tablet imprinted with M 924 on the front.

Finally... a shitpost. Literally!! Subs block me and my girl BOTH up more than heroin or oxy ever did!! It's very difficult and we must be precise to time an even halfway-effective bowel movement. Anything we should be supplementing with or foods to avoid to aid in motility? Ive had three bowel movements in the past week and they weren't that impressive. Really trying to avoid hemmroids and God-forbid, a fecal impaction for either one of us (I'd gladly take it for her, shes my life) and Im her rock, but im also FULL of some SERIOUS rocks right now.

Advice guys. And yes, I did finally buy a prepaid card to order from a shady online pharmacy for some micro filters, so we can skip that part.

Love, blessings, and happiness to all.
Chase.

have you considered plugging your dose? i used to occasionally when i was on subs and it got me wayyyy higher thann snorting.
could be the replacement you need to shake that needle fix.

have you considered plugging your dose? i used to occasionally when i was on subs and it got me wayyyy higher thann snorting.
could be the replacement you need to shake that needle fix.

Im usually backed up enough its not even an option but if i solve that issue its a possibility. Had a small BM yesterday and only did 2mg in total. Been laying here all morning feeling like shit waiting for another one but im officially giving up and shooting 1mg

ah bummer (no pun intended), fair enough tho but keep it in mind as a viable option - it got me littttttt

have you tried putting a drop of alcohol under your tongue prior to sublingual administration? this increases bioavailability.

you can also take subutex/suboxone by dissolving a pill or strip (or portion therof) in a tiny amount of water and 'shooting' it up your nostril (effectively snorting or 'water lining' [i think that's a term i've heard used] it).

i don't have any links to studies on the health effects of injecting those particular pills, but there are countless examples across BL and the web describing all manner of horrible health problems from IVing the various insoluble particles from pills, from vein damage, lung/heart issues to the loss of limbs. for the health of your body (specifically your cardio pulmonary system, as well as of course your veins) it's really something you need to work through, as a part of your recovery - as much as anything else.
the sad irony is trhat IVing suboxone strips could be doing you a lot more physical harm than heroin.
conquering that needle fixation is tough for a lot of people, but it's just another one of the hooks of addiction that you will inevitably have to confront at some point.

i know a friend of mine sometimes does the "drop of alcohol under the tongue" trick when she wants an extra little kick - she finds the added absorption makes a noticeable enough difference for this to be possible) - so i think you should give it a go. i've never been on opioid maintenance to how how much of a difference it makes.

if you do insist on IVing your bupe, i would really advise you micron filter them. the difference it makes is quite astounding - the liquid that comes out after filtering suboxone strips, for example, is clear and doesn't have that distinctive fake citrus taste/smell. it's really bad to shoot that goop - and people on bluelight have reported losing arms from IVing pills - it nearly happened once to a friend of mine. bad enough to lose the use of your veins, but to lose a limb would obviously be devastating.

i believe captain heroin posted an elaborate guide years ago, showing how to filter several doses and then safely store it in bacteriostatic water, if price of micron filters is an issue for you.

but really, shaking the needle fixation is just one more part of recovery.

i wish you and your girl all the best <3

^ can verify that it does work, but kinda starts to burn after a while. i was using Vodkat tho which might explain it.

have you tried putting a drop of alcohol under your tongue prior to sublingual administration? this increases bioavailability.

you can also take subutex/suboxone by dissolving a pill or strip (or portion therof) in a tiny amount of water and 'shooting' it up your nostril (effectively snorting or 'water lining' [i think that's a term i've heard used] it).

i don't have any links to studies on the health effects of injecting those particular pills, but there are countless examples across BL and the web describing all manner of horrible health problems from IVing the various insoluble particles from pills, from vein damage, lung/heart issues to the loss of limbs. for the health of your body (specifically your cardio pulmonary system, as well as of course your veins) it's really something you need to work through, as a part of your recovery - as much as anything else.
the sad irony is trhat IVing suboxone strips could be doing you a lot more physical harm than heroin.
conquering that needle fixation is tough for a lot of people, but it's just another one of the hooks of addiction that you will inevitably have to confront at some point.

i know a friend of mine sometimes does the "drop of alcohol under the tongue" trick when she wants an extra little kick - she finds the added absorption makes a noticeable enough difference for this to be possible) - so i think you should give it a go. i've never been on opioid maintenance to how how much of a difference it makes.

if you do insist on IVing your bupe, i would really advise you micron filter them. the difference it makes is quite astounding - the liquid that comes out after filtering suboxone strips, for example, is clear and doesn't have that distinctive fake citrus taste/smell. it's really bad to shoot that goop - and people on bluelight have reported losing arms from IVing pills - it nearly happened once to a friend of mine. bad enough to lose the use of your veins, but to lose a limb would obviously be devastating.

i believe captain heroin posted an elaborate guide years ago, showing how to filter several doses and then safely store it in bacteriostatic water, if price of micron filters is an issue for you.

but really, shaking the needle fixation is just one more part of recovery.

i wish you and your girl all the best <3

Appreciate the love for me and the Mrs, Spacejunk :) when we met she was a raging alcoholic and heroin addict and I was a dope fiend as well, so us both being off the smack and her being alcohol free are HUGE deals for us so we're willing to pretty much go any length to stay off our DOCs.

But I digress, I had forgotten about using alcohol to increase sublingual BA. Maybe that's an option for me, but I wouldn't like to keep a bottle of everclear around for obvious reasons 8)

I've recently got back on vaping and off the cigarette packs and the difference its making to my lungs is astounding. I went from being deathly winded after a 15 minute walk to just clocking in at 8:58 with my latest 1.2mile run to the gas station on Monday.

Im still hoping to hear from someone about a study linking any IV use with pills that have the same inactives found in generic Subutex pills. I've heard IVing Suboxone strips is actually safer, can anyone confirm or deny?

And also, dealing with my bowel slowdown is still near the very top of the list. Any particularily effective stool softeners, diet tweaks, or supplements? Keep in mind we are 100% cocaine and stimulant free as well lol.

Thx for the replies OD heads

Chase

I always found using Listerine or another ethanol based mouthwash would significantly increase the BA of buprenorphine (although it seemed to work better using strips as opposed to pills, even when the pills where crushed).

Using it long term can lead to some unpleasant side effects if you aren't careful watching your diet, but cimetidine is one of the most effective ways to potentiate buprenorphine. I'd suggest trying 600mg right before you brush your teeth/mouth, rinse with Listerine (I found it worked better than just straight 40-98% ethanol) and taking your usual dose sublingually.

I don't think the word safe belong anywhere near the words injecting suboxone/subutex. If the strips are any less harmful to inject, it is because they represent less material than the pills.

For the constipation, I found a few things helpful. Stevia with a lot of water and a bit of caffeine worked well. I never had much success with stool softeners or laxatives, but I found a high fiber diet (not fiber from supplements, but like fiber cereal, lots of leafy green vegetables, etc) and lots of water to work really well. Exercise also can help a lot with constipation, not to mention nicotine ;)

Basically, lots of water, fiber and exercise and you'll be able to shit a little easier. TBH though I'd take about five-seven days off my buprenorphine some months just so that my bowels would get a little break.

Going on 2 years of suboxone and my life is GREAT except the constipation is so bad I still don't have the answer. I was taking dulcolax weekly but had to take 6 or more to get results... eventually that led to terrible discomfort and such bloating I looked 8 months pregnant, then just couldn't poop at all! Went to my family doctor who sent me home to take enemas also, so I tried but only got worse went to emergency TWICE before they admitted me! I'm a nurse and never go to hospital unless I need to be inside it! I was passing pure blood and had C-diff, a painful belly condition I've only seen elderly patients with severe illnesses develop yet I got it as a healthy person because of ripping my flora out during my weekly blast!

Now I must drink 1/3 cup lactulose weekly and I'm very uncomfortable almost daily. Does anyone have amy suggestions? I've tried tons of water, coffee, stool softeners, fruit and I eat healthy... limited exercise due to knee pain.

Going on 2 years of suboxone and my life is GREAT except the constipation is so bad I still don't have the answer. I was taking dulcolax weekly but had to take 6 or more to get results... eventually that led to terrible discomfort and such bloating I looked 8 months pregnant, then just couldn't poop at all! Went to my family doctor who sent me home to take enemas also, so I tried but only got worse went to emergency TWICE before they admitted me! I'm a nurse and never go to hospital unless I need to be inside it! I was passing pure blood and had C-diff, a painful belly condition I've only seen elderly patients with severe illnesses develop yet I got it as a healthy person because of ripping my flora out during my weekly blast!

Now I must drink 1/3 cup lactulose weekly and I'm very uncomfortable almost daily. Does anyone have amy suggestions? I've tried tons of water, coffee, stool softeners, fruit and I eat healthy... limited exercise due to knee pain.
Yes. Macrogol.

Wake up, drink coffee, use nicotine, go shit, and then take your daily dose of bupe. When you take the Macgrogol is all dependent on what you diet looks like.

Last edited:
Hey guys, havent made a thread in a while and been a tad bit inactive so just to preface, my life's been generally going good. My gf and I are both on a stable regiment of Subutex and have been working a lot more on than off. Hats off to those of yall that persistently carry a message of hope to the seemingly helpless addict; aside from <10 very pointless, careless "slips" since 11/04/16 I've been free from heroin's death grip on my mind, body, and soul.

Enough of my BL lovenote 8) and on to the thread. Im currently Rx'd (and worked my way down since November) :

- 800mg Gabapentin 3x/day
- 2mg Xanax once daily
- 12mg of generic Subutex (4mg x 3times a day)

My main problem is still the needle fixation. The fact that people claim it to be useless as there is no rush reminds me of when I heard that response mentioning I shot Roxies back in the day. Its the INSTANT ONSET im hooked to. My gf just got on them is starting to sniff them every other dose. I bang em every time. Mostly cuz I end up 2-3mg x 2 times a day instead of 12mg/daily sublingual.

Any tips to potentiate my dose? Keep in mind I also don't take my Alprazolam every day at that dose. My sub doc is pretty much a crook and I'm no fool; I usually take one or two the first day and bang 4mg of Sub directly after to catch my one nod of the month and stick to 0.5mg -1mg daily tops if I really need it.

Keep hearing to go the antihistamine route... should I ask for some Vistoril? What are the best potentiators for subs guys? I need to make it easier to get to snorting them then somehow one day possibly dream about putting one under my tongue. Jesus, I feel a long way off.

By the way guys, I'm double filtering with super tight prewet cotton balls and all but .... i know its coming... and I know my HR... i should be using micron filters. Any studies showing long term damage from IVing generic subutex, possibly without too many other "potential culprits" in the publishings? Specifically, this is a WHITE, ROUND tablet imprinted with M 924 on the front.

Finally... a shitpost. Literally!! Subs block me and my girl BOTH up more than heroin or oxy ever did!! It's very difficult and we must be precise to time an even halfway-effective bowel movement. Anything we should be supplementing with or foods to avoid to aid in motility? Ive had three bowel movements in the past week and they weren't that impressive. Really trying to avoid hemmroids and God-forbid, a fecal impaction for either one of us (I'd gladly take it for her, shes my life) and Im her rock, but im also FULL of some SERIOUS rocks right now.

Advice guys. And yes, I did finally buy a prepaid card to order from a shady online pharmacy for some micro filters, so we can skip that part.

Love, blessings, and happiness to all.
Chase.

2 to 3 mg per shot is kind of high. Try 1mg per shot tops.

Yeah needle fixation is an addiction in of itself. When I was getting clean from IV meth and diloded, I bought some veterinary grade injectable USP B-12 vitamins (that is meant for horses) and shot that everyday for about 2 weeks, and tapered to every other day, so on and so forth, until I stopped injecting altogether.
Edit: I really can't recommend this though, just my experience

Sounds like me these days tbh

I'm banging the strips and I'd say the only benefit is they dissolve quicker in cold water. And I make sure to never push unless I'm 200% sure I'm in a vein. i did have a scare a week ago tho where I felt like complete shit at work, my chest was heavy and I thought I was getting sick.. only lasted a day and I took my sub sublingual for two days and the symptoms went away so idk. But fuck that whole particles getting stuck in the lungs and heart thing is scary.

For the constipation you're doing what I do, wait long enough (usually after sleeping) drink coffee and wait to BM before dosing. The bitch about banging it tho is of course it doesn't lady nearly as long but I really think it lessens the constipation issue as the bupe doesn't hit the opiate receptors in your intestines? I could Ben way wrong about that, just a guess. Heroin BMs were way worse for me.. giant rocks, blood, hemroids.. not a problem these days and I bang about 8mg a day spread out

if all else fails nothing gets the train back on the tracks faster than a phosphene enema, wooh baby.