• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Long-term Buprenorphine Storage

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
I'm planning on starting a large stash of Suboxone/Buprenorphine that I would like to save for a very long time. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this and ideally would like to keep it for 10+ years. I was thinking about crushing hundreds of them into powder and then placing them in large amber vials inside of the freezer in a lockbox. This is the method I've always used to save my Tryptamines and it has been successful.

I haven't been able to find much information about this on the internet so I've come to you for help. I'm planning on only using it occasional as an alternative to buying heroin off the street. Do you think this method would be best or should I store it in vials in my safe at room temperature?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Are we talking pills or strips? I’ve stored strips for over 5yrs now that are still fully active. The individual wrapping allows them to be placed in the fridge or freezer easily.

-GC

It's the 8mg orange pills.

I'm gonna crush them them and put the powder into amber vials to fit as much in as possible. Sadly the pharmacy I have to use because of my insurance doesn't give me strips. It would be so much easier if they did because they are already sealed like your saying. The amber viles are pretty air tight and I'm hoping that will work. Another idea that I had was vacuum sealing the pills and labeling the bags with dates when I put them in a box in the freezer.

I like the vacuum sealing idea. If you were going to store in a container with a lot of empty headroom I think a desiccant and/or an inert gas blanket like nitrogen might help if you're really looking to go a whole decade.

I don't know the answer, but I recently used some strips that were about 6 years old, just left in a drawer, some not even in the sealed wrap - and they all worked, I don't know if they retained full potency but they helped me out of a jam.

So I guess it must be quite stable..