Long distance runners - relationship with drugs?

Also forgot to mention suggestion of running on light dose of LSD. I tried LSD just once, but recently. It was 200 ug and experience was very intense and very pleasant. Running on it would absolutely heavenly, though I worry a bit about how I would "hear" body signals. Would they even be issued? You know, about hardness of run, some tension here or there, this stuff.

But I don't know when I will try it. Maybe soon?

Also forgot to mention suggestion of running on light dose of LSD. I tried LSD just once, but recently. It was 200 ug and experience was very intense and very pleasant. Running on it would absolutely heavenly, though I worry a bit about how I would "hear" body signals. Would they even be issued? You know, about hardness of run, some tension here or there, this stuff.

while walking or running on lsd i don't even notice my body til i have stopped or if im climbing some insane steep stairs on a run which will put me out of shape. it feels like you are just totally light like a feather effortsly able to achieve whatever exercise you aimed to do

while walking or running on lsd i don't even notice my body til i have stopped or if im climbing some insane steep stairs on a run which will put me out of shape. it feels like you are just totally light like a feather effortsly able to achieve whatever exercise you aimed to do
that's danger of injury, no? Because run is happening, body is hitting asphalt.

that's danger of injury, no? Because run is happening, body is hitting asphalt.
well afterwards if you overdo your run probably have sore legs and feet so take the proper precautions wear good running shoes and set yourself a limit. Though i find i heal faster on LSD aswell.

Well in certain doses psychedelics improve visual acuity. So maybe you'll return to a primitive apex predator and start chasing animals to eat them? :D
Having said that, the last time I took acid and went anywhere near animals it was walking past a pen in the countryside with a black goat inside and he was the alpha of the pack among his females and scared the living sh*t out of me and a guy I tripped with. Just this primitive looking beast staring back at me in all his primal presence. Avoid goats, if you can. And don't stare at them. Whatever you do, don't stare at them.

What about vasoconstriction too? I tend to get that after moderate doses. Blood pressure, too.
Personally I'd lower the dose to around 50-100mg. Sounds weak but I wouldn't want to put excessive pressure on my organs. LSD and strenuos exercise doesn't seem right to me. Then again, maybe it is?

What about vasoconstriction too? I tend to get that after moderate doses. Blood pressure, too.
Personally I'd lower the dose to around 50-100mg. Sounds weak but I wouldn't want to put excessive pressure on my organs. LSD and strenuos exercise doesn't seem right to me. Then again, maybe it is?
Probably not if exercise is of moderate+ intensity. Body is pretty stressed then.

You mean, what are my plans for run on LSD? Yeah, slow run would be preferable. And, thinking back to my experience with LSD, it is likely I would not run even moderately fast when on it, more likely, I would be very slow.

But I probably should think what I want to get from it before doing it. I feel like LSD needs preparation, it can be just recreational fun experience, but I would want to get more from it, I think.

Seeing as testosterone is already present in your body, both female and male in their own way, it doesn't make sense to say AAS is best suited to hypertrophy. Most AAS are derivatives of testosterone, a naturally produced hormone in the body. Your body doesn't primarily utilize testosterone for hypertrophy. That's like saying serotonin is best suited for tripping, seeing as tripping has significant synergy with serotonin. Serotonin has many important uses beyond tripping. We don't have serotonin in our bodies to purely trip and enjoy MDMA. Our discovery of certain compounds and their involvement with certain hormones is simply a byproduct of that discovery, not THE reason why the hormones exist in the first place.

I'm always puzzled why people relate testosterone purely to hypertrophy. It's just stereotyping and lack of awareness of what hormones are responsible for and what you can do with them.

Testosterone is the base for most athletic training programs, has been for a very long time. Tried and tested. A staple in the world of elite athletics and performance.
Whatever form it comes in, it's very likely a derivitative of testosterone.
Incarus was a cool film although it was very shallow in it's understanding of the subjects involved. The guy essentially took a cycle and didn't rate it much. That says nothing about the subjects involved but speaks volumes about his capabilities and quite frankly he was an amateur attempting to be an elite level athlete and expected a cycle to get him there, much like a lot of people do. Although he's pretty humble and states he wasn't expecting miracles, lots of people who use AAS do expect miracles and think they will go from the bottom of the pile to the top simply because they take AAS.

I took 300mg of Test E and 600mg of EQ for 2-3 months. Got into running. I went from being a complete novice runner who before that couldn't do much without getting out of breath to coming in the top 10 in a 5K competition among medium-high level runners (and the clubs they trained and raced for/with). I obviously couldn't keep the pace all the way because my training experience was practically none-existent compared to these guys who had been running for years, but at one point I was close to running sub 19 minute. The foundations were there, otherwise I'd have never been at the front of the pack and only a few months prior I wouldn't have even made it through a mile. I bottomed out due to lack of conditioning but got 19m20, first time out in a competitive race. The average 5K time for most runners is considerably more. The top spot was a guy with around 16 minute. That's about 5:00/mile, maybe 5:20/mile, around 18-19kph consistetly for 3 minutes or around 11-12mph. I was around 6:20/mile (I think) and at times under 6 minute.
In perspective, the world record at one point was 4:00/mile, and that is extremely impressive still today. Most people will never be able to maintain that pace for long. I managed under 6 for much of the race in my first race. Gear was 90% of that being possible, without a doubt.

The bottom line is it's about the athlete, not the drugs. The drugs are tried and tested. They work. It's the person taking them and their involvement in the whole process. And these drugs are used by more than bodybuilders! Bodybuilding is about the only thing most people relate to steroids but your top tier boxers use AAS, runners, CrossFit, cyclists, soccer, rugby/football, swimmers, Olympic athletes, MMA athletes, many people from many disciplines basically. And they use them because they work.

You have more experience than I, but anyone I know who has tried AAS for endurance has not liked the results: 10-20 lbs of water weight and 5lbs of muscle is pretty par for the course, especially so if you're running 2 compounds. Boldenone may be one of the few exceptions, because of the extreme effect it has on blood composition. Many AAS like tren and NPP are known to cause shortness of breath, too, so I think compared to how useful it is in strength sports, or compared to EPO, wouldn't be worth the side effects for most.

Testoestone does a lot more than hypertrophy, sure, but bringing blood levels to 10x normal does very few extra things in terms of athletic performance. Serotonin does a lot too, for example, but if we are talking what it does only in the context of human vision, and only the difference between normal levels and massively elevated levels, it only creates psychedelic visuals. Really one effect worth talking about, because normal -> super physiologic levels dont have the same effect as low -> normal levels, and we are only talking one context. 95% of the things super levels of test would do dont directly apply to running. I dont think it would make 0 difference, but it is so well suited to hypertrophy and strength, that yes, super doses in sports, that is the #1 effect, far and away.

If your truck is having trouble towing something, you could have an F1 race car come help, or you could call a bigger truck. They would both help, sure, but one is clearly suited for the job, and one specializes in something very different

And basically every one of the athletics you listed at the end there rely heavily on strength. Seems to be arguing in the opposite direction; tad confused. I think you would find that the more heavily a sport is geared toward endurance, the less you will find AAS, and the more you will find other things. I doubt ultra marathon people are on serious AAS cycles. I doubt iron man people are on serious AAS cycles.

Last edited:
You're missing out dosing and then regulation of side effects.
100-150mg of a long testosterone ether, like testosterone enanthate, will not drastically increase water weight nor will it drastically increase LBM either.
Along with necessary precautionary measures such as weekly dosing of an aromatase inhibitor, such as anastrozole at around 0.5-1mg you won't notice much difference, except from slightly increased levels of testosterone and along with that the obvious effects. The average adult male produces around 100-150mg a week, so you're in the same 'zone' where your body naturally operates. This is among one of the key reasons why TRT is so effective, because the body responds well to doses that reflect what the body is used to. The exception here of course is when the body produces less than normal amounts and the response is different, but this is the intended side effect when men with low T take TRT, to get the side effects common with normal levels of testosterone. The noticeable side effects that trigger an otherwise abnormal reaction to these hormones is of course the introduction of normal levels of testestorone for an adult male.

You seem to keep referring to steroids in a way that only explains a very small part of their usage, mainly those who take supraphysiological dosages ie well beyond natural production levels and into 500mg+, maybe even 1000mg. Athletes use testosterone as a base but maintain the correct balance of hormone in their body relative to their field. So someone who runs a lot will reduce a dose that might be around 500mg for a casual lifter who uses gear to enhance his appearance and performance in the gym down to around TRT levels thus effectively replicating natural functioning and therefore very limited side effects. MMA fighters for example were going above TRT during the golden era of MMA, or basically when everyone was on the juice. They could compete for 30 minutes full contact combat with only a very short time for breaks in between and this is while also being very anaerobic dominant as is required for the necessary quick muster strength. Could they run advanced times for a 5k? Probably not. But their specific discipline doesn't require them to focus solely on the enhancement of getting from A to B in a set time, or to achieve a particular pace for the time it takes to complete a 5k. It might be among some of their training blocks but it will not be the most important, and so they can increase the dose, not by mountains but by a few milligram, perhaps 50-100mg or so.

It's all relative to what you want to do. Just because among the average population who take gear get bloat and all the other common side effects associated with supraphysiological doses doesn't mean that those who tailor their regimen to their discipline get those same side effects. This is the difference between casual steroid users and those who use steroids as a specific training advantage with a specific purpose and with comprehensive support and understanding in the process. Let's also not forget the critical component of diet, lifestyle choices, rate of metabolism and basal metabolic rate for a given individual and then activity level and based on that caloric intake. Are they in caloric excess, deficit, maintainence? Are they eating a diet high in saturated fats, salts, processed sugars?

Running requires considerable amount of strength. It's just not your typical lifting routine. You'll find with any decent running program, ample strength training routines. Again, we're not bodybuilding here. The goal is not primarily hypertrophy. And nope, IronMan competitors are 100% of the gear. What they take though? It depends on their skill level and how well they know their sh*t. Lance Armstrong was caught doping. He is a prime example of someone at the highest level of endurance sports and if he had competed in IronMan would have been up there at the top. His name got thrown into the fire but the reality is, everybody at that level is on the gear. IronMan at the highest level is not much different, especially when you're talking about seasoned professionals at the top of their game. Here every second counts. Every last bit of oxygen you can get through your body determines whether you are first or fifth. And to get there, you better believe PEDs are involved. And again with IronMan, significant amounts of training involves strength training. Strength training is not just for bodybuilders and strength athletes. Swimmers at the highest level are endurance athletes but most of the top guys can bench press 100kg and squat 150kg+ in the gym no problem.