• TDS Moderators: mafioso | mal3volent | Xorkoth

TDS Loneliness and the addict

FutureReference

Bluelighter
I am in chronic pain 24/7 due to an accident in the military and I find it difficult to even contact friends anymore. I am alone by design. When I was properly prescribed a high enough dosage of pain medication, I was able to work and function. With this "War on Opioids", this is no longer the case. So I'd say there are definitely 2 sides to it. Without my addiction, I am too weak to move and alone. For those using recreationally, the pure bliss may cause the user to find peace in being alone. But in both cases; time passes. The friends who reached out to you for years no longer will. Family won't even bother. You become a victim of circumstance and on days you crave socialization it is nowhere to be found.

NicoOregon

Bluelighter
I am in chronic pain 24/7 due to an accident in the military and I find it difficult to even contact friends anymore. I am alone by design. When I was properly prescribed a high enough dosage of pain medication, I was able to work and function. With this "War on Opioids", this is no longer the case. So I'd say there are definitely 2 sides to it. Without my addiction, I am too weak to move and alone. For those using recreationally, the pure bliss may cause the user to find peace in being alone. But in both cases; time passes. The friends who reached out to you for years no longer will. Family won't even bother. You become a victim of circumstance and on days you crave socialization it is nowhere to be found.
There's always heroin. My heroine.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I sometimes feel incredibly empty and lonely. On those days I definitely take more pills than usual to make that go away. Sometimes I just cannot handle all of the mental agony I have and I'll just use until I pass out.

Painful One

Bluelighter
^^^ same with me. Sending you some love and a hug. ❤
I am alone due to chronic pain, brain injury and disease.
I am not able to keep up. I get easily fatigued and just doing the basics in life (showering, housework, cooking) is about all I can do.
Just a phone conversation to a friend is exhausting for me. Others don’t understand and take it personally. Thinking I am just being rude or don’t like them or something.
Without the medication I wouldn’t even be able to do what I am doing now. So I am grateful for that.

FutureReference

Bluelighter
^^^ same with me. Sending you some love and a hug. ❤
I am alone due to chronic pain, brain injury and disease.
I am not able to keep up. I get easily fatigued and just doing the basics in life (showering, housework, cooking) is about all I can do.
Just a phone conversation to a friend is exhausting for me. Others don’t understand and take it personally. Thinking I am just being rude or don’t like them or something.
Without the medication I wouldn’t even be able to do what I am doing now. So I am grateful for that.
If you ever feel alone or just want to talk please don't hesitate to message me! I know all too well about how limiting chronic pain can really be. I too get exhausted from the most mundane tasks and take 2-5 blazing hot showers a day to make my day a bit more bareable. And you are correct, I definitely am grateful I am given something for my pain it is just sad that this fake opioid war has limited true pain patients from getting the help we need. Sending my love and wishing you the best!

Painful One

Bluelighter
If you ever feel alone or just want to talk please don't hesitate to message me! I know all too well about how limiting chronic pain can really be. I too get exhausted from the most mundane tasks and take 2-5 blazing hot showers a day to make my day a bit more bareable. And you are correct, I definitely am grateful I am given something for my pain it is just sad that this fake opioid war has limited true pain patients from getting the help we need. Sending my love and wishing you the best!
Thank you! Please feel free to contact me also if you want or need to talk. Sounds like we are in the same boat.
So true about this stupid opioid war limiting true chronic pain patients from getting the help we need!
It is so frustrating!!

Very nice to meet you!
I hear what you are saying and it is so nice to meet someone who can relate. Sorry that you are suffering also.
Xo

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
^Also in chronic pain and sending love and hugs to all you guys suffering too.
I can't even imagine how awful it must be to be losing your pain meds. I'm so grateful we don't have the problem in the UK. Probably 95% of all opiate addicts here are either:
1) Heroin addicts
2) Former heroin addicts on Methadone or Subutex
3) Current heroin addicts also on Methadone or Subutex

There's only a small minority of us who are addicted to prescription opioids.

FutureReference

Bluelighter
^Also in chronic pain and sending love and hugs to all you guys suffering too.
I can't even imagine how awful it must be to be losing your pain meds. I'm so grateful we don't have the problem in the UK. Probably 95% of all opiate addicts here are either:
1) Heroin addicts
2) Former heroin addicts on Methadone or Subutex
3) Current heroin addicts also on Methadone or Subutex

There's only a small minority of us who are addicted to prescription opioids.
In the US it is truly a terrible time to be a chronic pain patient. I was put on Suboxone for pain for 5 years! Before that, I was extremely well managed on Oxycontin 80mg 2x a day and Oxycodone 15mg 4x a day as needed for breakthru pain, but my doctor became weary of the DEA. Unfortunately there is now a 90MME guideline in effect which sadly doctors use as a definite rather than a guideline. (90mg of Morphine or an equivalent)

I am wishing you the best and am happy to hear in your country it is easier to get the medication you need to function! Pain and loneliness go hand in hand and I am thankful I have something to make my days easier and just pray that soon this idiotic "war" will end. Can't imagine how many genuine pain patients will die this year from street drugs they seek due to doctors failing them.

Painful One

Bluelighter
Thanks C.E! So sorry you are suffering with the dreaded chronic pain also.
Sending lots of love and hugs to you also!

The lawmakers and others who are making life SO hard and have no idea of the suffering they are causing can kiss my ass!!

Last edited:

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
It has been shown that people (and also animals) who have meaningful and well-established relationships have very low probability of being an addict.

Most of the times addiction is a fugue. All of us known very well this. People who have the certain conditions can use drugs for fun, but not lose their lives for drugs

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
Addiction thrives on isolation, have to expose it at every opportunity to kill it. I struggle with isolating myself too, and it never leads to happiness. Go to meetings, get a social hobby; that's what I've been trying

hyroller

Bluelighter
This going to meetings type deal had better be worth it. lol. I feel so tiny and insignificant posited against things such as drugs, or addiction. i just want to get a few things off my chest. I'm sick of supporting those who do not require my lenience. It doesn't sit well. Ritual needs to be stamped out for good or just plain forgone I'd say in order to triumph against the same old, same old. Sometimes I think it's easier just giving in. But it isn't, because it's being irresponsible. That's tough to palate over time. I don't want to stop caring so I seek alternatives to keep me focused on cutting back until I just don't think to go the less viable option. I don't want to count myself among the druggies. Derelicts. Drongos etc. no fun. lol

A mentor or quit buddy would be the best thing ever!!!!