• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lomotil or loperamide to potentiate kratom

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
There have been a few threads in the past about the use of loperamide to potentiate kratom, but not many posted recently.

With the massive rise in kratom use I thought I would re-post this question some years later from my OP.

Does anyone have experience using either loperamide (immodium - OTC in US) or Lomotil (diphenhoxylate/atropine - CV in US) to specifically potentiate the effects of kratom?

If so, what was the order and timing of ingestion?

I have not noticed any potentiating from loperamide. I take kratom daily and have tried numerous methods of potentiating. The most lope I have taken is 8mg on top of my kratom dose (~10-15g). It had no noticeable effect except for a marked decrease in GI motility. I can usually go to the restroom fairly normally on kratom but the lope made it difficult. I have not tried it with diphenoxylate though but I would expect this to work a bit better as it has the ability to cross the BBB much better than loperamide.

Lope would make Kratom feel a little bit "dirty" imo. Lope is a very poor opioid at best and only has value when combating severe WD's at near dangerous amounts, when nothing else is available. Agreed that the Diphenoxylate is a much better choice than Lope as it has some central effects without supra-therapeutic doses. Long Q-T syndrome isn't a problem with DP either.