Liver/kidney damage related to melanotan use?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
There seems to be outlying case reports of individuals who get extreme results over prolonged or excessive use of MT2.

Feedback around here has always been it being very safe it.

Liver/kidney damage, I understand it can happen with steroid use but, MT2?

Anything to report?

There seems to be outlying case reports of individuals who get extreme results over prolonged or excessive use of MT2.

Feedback around here has always been it being very safe it.

Liver/kidney damage, I understand it can happen with steroid use but, MT2?

Anything to report?
I've never had bad blood work with it. Even at 5mg/week.

Now that I think about it, I've ran it at 1mg/day over a month and had no issues. The clinical trials they did in Australia used huge doses over long periods of time and I don't believe they had any issues other than cosmetics lol

“prolonged or excessive use”....so how about we don’t use it excessively for prolonged periods lol

🤣 pardon me, I'm a bit daft. Thanks for the clarification.

Haha that's funny you say that, I actually made the same mistake a few times. I was like wait melatonin can help you tan better? 😂 Then I went on to see that Melanotan was what a lot of bodybuilders use to get that bronze, heavily tanned type skin look.

So don't worry I made the same mistake haha

Now that I think about it, I've ran it at 1mg/day over a month and had no issues. The clinical trials they did in Australia used huge doses over long periods of time and I don't believe they had any issues other than cosmetics lol

Any links to those trials?

Any links to those trials?
This is just what came up. I couldn't find the one I was thinking of what showed a white Australian man becoming essentially aboriginal in appearance lol

This is a very recent case report regarding kidney damage after melanotan 2 use

It makes a reference to previous renal failure cases, wasn't able to find them though. Couple of mentions of rhabdomyolyis, as far as I can tell all by injecting. Wondering wether the nasal spray is perhaps less damaging considering people report less side effects using it that way.

I used this drug a while back very consistently and after a while used to experience cramping around the solar plexus area for a few minutes after an injection.

Couldn't explain it really.

I took a break and recently started MT2 again but not so much cramping this time around.
Perhaps it will escalate over time?

I couldn't explain it at the time but, I mean the area of cramping is/was suspiciously around the kidneys.

Kidney function tests may reveal something?

I think this is the full paper of that linked above:

Not sure if I'm reading that correct but did the dude inject a full 10 mg at one time?

It alludes to uncommon reporting of such effects but hints they're probably attributable to MT2 in this case.

Maybe sustained/prolonged use?
Who knows?

That solar plexus cramping I experienced was a concern, it only emerged after using it every day for an entire summer.
Then took a break and restarted, now absent.

Last edited: