• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Little known recreational pharmacuticals

boti420

Bluelighter
So I was wondering is there any pharmaceutical drug that you've used thats generally rare and little known off? Like for example heres are some drugs that i find are unfamiliar to most durg users. Carisoprodol, meprobamate, pregabalin and gabapentin used to be little known only 10yrs ago etc... ans i'm not talking about RC benzos or anything like that. I'm talking about actual prescription drugs that are or may have been in use at some point. Manly im wondering about sedative drugs, but any class is fine. I've seemed to run out pharms that i havent tried yet and i know there has to be some drug that was only prescribed in sweden in the 1960's thats no longer used yet is fantastic recreationally. There are a few opioids such as ketobemidone or perhaps a methaqualone derivative as i've read that there are a handful of similiar acting drugs tho these are probably RC's. There's some stimulant whose name i've forgotten that john lennon considered his favorote back in the day. Etc...

Etaqualone is pretty good, it’s like a shorter acting quallude essentially. It was/is prescribed in France I believe.

There’s also tons of different opiate derivatives that were used back in the day but haven’t much since.

-GC

So I was wondering is there any pharmaceutical drug that you've used thats generally rare and little known off? Like for example heres are some drugs that i find are unfamiliar to most durg users. Carisoprodol, meprobamate, pregabalin and gabapentin used to be little known only 10yrs ago etc... ans i'm not talking about RC benzos or anything like that. I'm talking about actual prescription drugs that are or may have been in use at some point. Manly im wondering about sedative drugs, but any class is fine. I've seemed to run out pharms that i havent tried yet and i know there has to be some drug that was only prescribed in sweden in the 1960's thats no longer used yet is fantastic recreationally. There are a few opioids such as ketobemidone or perhaps a methaqualone derivative as i've read that there are a handful of similiar acting drugs tho these are probably RC's. There's some stimulant whose name i've forgotten that john lennon considered his favorote back in the day. Etc...

The one that John Lennon was fond of was Phenmetrazine sold as Preludin. They were all using them liberally during the Hamburg days. A few years back an analogue version was released on the RC scene called 3fpm or 3-flouro-phenmetrazine, which turns out to be possibly my favourite stimulant.

I’ve known of this drug but never knew it was considered BETTER in every way than meth and amphetamine... I must try this stuff.

FUBAR you have any trip report of the stuff around?

-GC

Diconal.....the fucking Holy Grail of pharms, the granddaddy of opiate rushes.

Better than any other opiate based pharm, it's a mixture of an old strong opioid and an anti-histamine and it produces an intense rush when you IV it. It also absolutely ruins your veins, looks like strawberry milkshake when you draw it up and contains loads of fillers that don't come out with a cotton/cigarette filter. You basically collapse the vein first time, maybe you might get two or three goes in each one if you're lucky.

I did a google search for it and the image I found was actually one I posted on here years ago:

6939858055_12fd472072_o.jpg

10628798_1546392385575178_8377506721810832945_o.jpg

Baclofwn hels gaba and benzo withdrawals and alcohol in high doses xan be euphoric but you do end up passing out. It also does have a shitty withdrawal but even af low dose my restless legs is non exisent. Mixing eith regabalin makes u feel lkke on ghb

Diphenoxylate hydrochloride, a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Schedule V (C-V) prescription drug, is a congener of meperidine and was originally synthesized during the search for compounds similar to the opioid analgesics in actions on the gastrointestinal tract but devoid of their CNS effects. The efficacy of diphenoxylate was found to be approximately equal to that of camphorated tincture of opium in patients with diarrhea of various causes. Because diphenoxylate is structurally related to meperidine, there was concern about its abuse potential, but in the several decades of experience with it, diphenoxylate has emerged as having an addiction liability comparable to that of codeine, which is diminished further by the incorporation of atropine (as in Lomotil) and by the low water solubility of diphenoxylate salts, both of which prevent inappropriate parenteral administration.

Various minor side effects have been reported, including abdominal cramps, nausea, weakness, drowsiness, xerostomia, gingival swelling, partial intestinal obstruction, and urinary retention. In patients with inflammatory bowel disease, diphenoxylate has caused toxic megacolon, and it has caused hepatic coma in patients with severe liver disease. Toxic doses have produced respiratory depression and unconsciousness, which can be effectively reversed by the opioid antagonists. Although clinical studies have indicated only minimal, if any, drug interactions during diphenoxylate therapy, the drug may potentially augment the actions of barbiturates, alcohol, opioids, and antianxiety and antipsychotic drugs.

Difenoxin, the principal active metabolite of diphenoxylate, is a DEA Schedule IV (C-IV) prescription antidiarrheal drug that is effective at one-fifth the dosage of diphenoxylate. Atropine is added to the formulation to discourage deliberate misuse of the drug.

It's well known but you may like Hydroxyzine if you like downers.

Last edited:
Talwin. Its an older opiate. I got it a few times from an old doctor in canada. Kind of a speedy opiate buzz. I loved it but most doctors don't prescribe it anymore.

Rilmazafone. A water-soluble Japanese benzodiazepine pro-drug. Typical benzo effect; good anxiolytic, not heavily sedating.

The tablets have a minty taste.

Phendimetrazine. Haven't tried this, but it is the dimethyl version of phenmetrazine. Probably metabolizes to phenmetrazine to some degree. Still available as a diet pill in the US.

Diphenoxylate hydrochloride,

I agree with Diphenoxylate/Atropine (aka Lomotil, Dhamotil, Diastop) as a good suggestion. Even though it's a mild opiate, it can be quite useful if you take enough, especially for withdrawal from stronger opiates. (Gram Parsons was tapered off heroin with high-dose Lomotil during a detox in England, actually.) And the atropine content has pretty negligible effects when taken orally, even up to quite a few pills. It's also relativel inexpensive, and I know it has some level of street popularity in South Asia, probably other places. I imagine difenxoin/atropine (aka Motofen) would be even better, but it seems much less commonly prescribed or used otherwise, either in the "developed" or "developing" countries.

Branching off from diphenoxylate, here are a few more semi-obscure members of the mild-to-moderate strength opiate/opioid class:

(Dextro)Propoxyphene (aka Darvon) is one that used to be quite common but has become pretty obscure in many countries over the last 10 ywars, though again it was quite popular for "abuse" in South Asia as a combination product called Spasmo-Proxyvon (with dicycloverine and paracetamol) until quite recently. It was also used as a taper opiate for heroin detox during the 70s in the US, after "Darvon-N" (the un-injectable napsylate salt) mostly replaced the original hydrochloride. Probably not worth seeking out at this point, since it was always considerably more toxic than the other drugs in its class, and it contributed to a number of accidental deaths as well as being the main ingredient in a suicide recipe put out by right-to-die groups.

Tapentadol (aka Nucynta, Palexia) is a new addition to the category and still relatively obscure, as was its RC cousin, o-desmethyltramadol. It is substantially more potent than tramadol and mostly lacks tramadol's serotonin effects, though it is still a noreprinephrine reuptake inhibitor, and it has been known to cause "interesting" quasi-hallucinatory subjective effects when taken in higher therapeutic dosages. This one is probably gaining ground as a global drug, both prescribed and otherwise, since it doesn't have quite the stigma of other opiate painkillers (even though the US placed it in Schedule II for political reasons when it was introudced) and has possibly slipped through cracks a bit in some countries. This is especially the case since its close relati.ve tramadol has become the number one "drug of abuse" in large swathes of Africa and the Middle East.

Pentazocine has already been mentioned, which was the famous Talwin of the "Ts and Blues" epidemic in the midwestern USA c. 1980-83. But in ampoule form (under the names "Fortwin," "Fortral," etc.) it is still a relatively common injection drug used in some West African countries and parts of Pakistan. Buprenorphine has mostly replaced pentazocine as the opiate in the "South Asian cocktail" in India and Nepal -- combining the partial-agonist opiate with ampoules of a sedating antihistamine (usually pheniramine aka Avil or promethazine) and sometimes a benzodiazepine (usually diazepam) in a large syringe for an IV injection. Which is probably a good thing, since pentazocine itself appears to have uniquely terrible effects on skin and flesh near the injection sites, causing horrific soft tissue damage, even apart from contaminants or bad hygiene.

Another member of the category is Tilidine (aka Valoron), used mainly in Germany, Benelux, South Africa, and Bulgaria, and quite obscure outside of those countries. Like tramadol, it works primarily as a prodrug for its active metabolite, nortilidine. I don't know that much about this one, but it appears to have at least some street popularity -- I heard about it being sold alongside benzos at a certain S-bahn stop in Berlin, and it frequently comes combined with naloxone (like the new Talwin in the US) to prevent injection, which obviously indicates something.

Much older, non-synthetic members of the family include Ethylmorphine (aka Dionine, codethyline) and Benzylmorphine (aka Peronine). These are essentially close relatives of codeine (which was originally the brand name for Methylmorphine) that were invented by Merck and were being marketed by around 1900. Benzylmorphine appears to be slightly weaker than codeine, ethylmorphine slightly stronger. I don't know if there are any products still available containing benzylmorphine, but ethylmorphine is still used in certain cough suppressant formulations that I know of in Francophone (Clarix, Tussethyl) and Scandinavian (Cosylan, Solvipect) countries, either by itself or combined with codeine. (It appears to be used in Turkey, Japan, and Uruguay/Paraguay as well.)

I’ve known of this drug but never knew it was considered BETTER in every way than meth and amphetamine... I must try this stuff.

FUBAR you have any trip report of the stuff around?

-GC
3-FPM never did it for me, I thought you were initially referring to 4-MAR actually (4-Methylaminorex), think of it as meth but more potent and a lot longer lasting. Never tried it always wanted to, I believe plain Aminorex MAY still be prescribable under schedule 4.

I have had experience with all of the above except the water-soluble benzo, including baclofen, which is a gabapentinoid . . .. .. pentazocine, morphine, phenazocine , hydromorphone, dipipanone and the closely related phenadoxone all feel even groovier with tripelennamine . . . I really wish that glutethimide, methaqualone, and the codeine, morphine, DHC, and DHM-based barbiturates like Codeonal would reappear, along with dihydroisocodeine, (DHIC) four times stronger than DHC. I remember Permonid (desomorphine C) having less (fewer?) legs than Dilaudid even, and unlike the Big D the toxicity was obvious , manifesting as myoclonus and vertigo . . . the strongest narcotics of the phenalkoxam open-chain opioids (relatives of propoxyphene) are dioxaphetyl butyrate and dimenoxadol which are nice too.

One of my favourites is dextromoramide; would that it would be available for pain treatment in the Schengen Zone again; I heard all sorts of different theories as to why it is as scarce as hens' teeth now . . . in places where injectable oxycodone is available, a compounding pharmacy can mix up Scophedal or the oxymorphone analogue thereof -- that stuff kills pain great and makes one feel just like Jesus' pharmacology professor

Last edited:
Levetiracetam and artane are prty sweer

Artane (Sexy Trihexy) i.e. trihexyphenidyl is great by itself or mixed with nicomorphine and the like -- and it required nothing close to the dose reported by the deliriant lover crowd. The cops in Iraq down it with some caffeine and/or Captagon to get through a shift.

Nefopam is a non opiod relasted to orphenadrine potentiaste.morphien.loada and jelps with stim.comedowns its a sndri prescrun ed in.ukfor.pain lors of side effecrs 30mg supposedly compared to 100mg.tramadol its basically.tramsdol waht acts on dopamine and doesnt affect opiate receptores