Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

little black pellets being sold as LSD

chugs

Bluelighter
Although i picked these up a few months ago (no more left in Oz supposedly), does anyone have any idea what these little pellets were?

i know everyone will claim they were microdots (not that I've ever had one) but every other picture/resource material on erowid points to it being otherwise...especially since the size of the pellet probably couldn't contain enough lsd to dose a cat

in anycase here are the characteristics i found common with my experience , hopes it helps to jog someone's memory out there.

- black pellets, erowid had pictures of ergots which looked very similar
- about .5cm of in length, perhaps even smaller...
- kinda natural material (not a powder)
- they were imports
- unlike most trips I've had they didn't produce the fast flow of thoughts instead they were far more euphoric, made one feel heavy
- pupils do dilate
- tasteless
- peak beginning at the 60minute mark
- last between 8-12 hours
- an entire dose made one feel, for the want of a better word, "ga", ie unable to discuss much, 1/3-half, far better and although not the heavy flow of thoughts like blotter lsd I've had, it was still enjoyable
- visuals were fairly mild, undulating lines, warm lights,
- able to visual images extremely strongly in ones minds eye...

(ps...i tried scanning the forums here for any reference but after about 10 pages i gave up....)

considering a standard dose of lsd is measured in micrograms, i'm sure a small pellet could easily hold it.

sound like microdots to me.

try this thread found using the search function:

Microdots

LSD is active in doses of less than 100ug (millionth of a gram), so a single dose would be barely visible to the naked eye. There is no other psychoactive chemical that would be effective at doses small enough to fit into one of those poppy-seed microdots. Just because they are made differently to other microdots does not mean they aren't, LSD can be put into doses by many different methods, it basically comes down to the ingenuity of the manufacturer.

...If you reall want to test their authenticity you could try this

Following are step-by-step instructions for field testing blotter for LSD

1/. Extract a section of the blotter with a minimal amount of ethanol. (enough to leave you with a few drops of liquid)

2/. Put a drop of the extraction on a 4-(dimethylamino)-benzaldehyde impregnated piece of filter (or chromatographical) paper.
Allow to dry.

3/. Put one drop of concentrated hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid will work) on one side of the paper. A colored front should migrate over the paper (concentrating the color).

4/. A purple colored ring will appear (changing to blue 30-60 minutes later) if alfa or beta unsubstituted indoles are present (the whole paper will color if large amounts are present). This purple / blue coloring signifies the presence of LSD.

According to the source, this simple field test is able to detect 7.5 micrograms (ug) of lsd without a problem (typical doses were listed as 75-250 micrograms; you should get that lucky or unlucky for that matter)

Erowid

Last edited:
def microdots man... little hard balls... looks like hash?
i've seen so many variations of these things... and i can assure you they dont make anything else that looks remotely like it, especially sizewise... that's why i know what you had were microdots.

if it even looks remotely like this, then you had microdots. as everyone else said, acid is the only drug active in doses this small! 8o

23849Picture_012-med.jpg

*EDIT* Many thanks to shorza for the photo! =D

Last edited:
Thats the amazing thing about microdots. Something so small gets you SO totally and utterly fucked.

Sounds like a textbook microdot experience to me. As everyone has said, LSD is in fact the only material active in doses that small, so in all likelihood, that's what the active ingredient was.

Do you really believe your dealer when they say "they're imports"?

Do you really believe your dealer when they say "they're imports"?

Yes. Also, they are triple-stacked-double-dipped and are bound with strychnine... I know, my d_d is the most reliable ever.

Shit, I must be scattered. For half a second, I thought you were serious.

Get me a real doctor!

Sounds like real microdots to me. Although alot of people have said they are a different 'high' than tabs etc. Need to wait until I can compare. :\

thanks for all the feedback, the trips indeed were identical to ones in the picture above.

Obviously the sewing circle i party with were mistaken about what these little parcels of goodness were. In actual fact they were under the impression that they were AMT...(not that i believed them, cough cough)

incidentially the person who i've gotten them from (from a different sewing circle), who's always been truthful and good to me, claims they were imports, brought in, in fish-food containers.

the mystery has been solved....thanks everyone, although if anyone has had them what were your views on them?

killarava2day said:
There is no other psychoactive chemical that would be effective at doses small enough to fit into one of those poppy-seed microdots. Just because they are made differently to other microdots does not mean they aren't, LSD can be put into doses by many different methods, it basically comes down to the ingenuity of the manufacturer. [/B]

What about DOB? Is it possible that they could microdot DOB?

I have agree with you on not judging what they look like, they looked nothing like the microdots I was getting back in the very early 90's, but they were pretty good none the less :)

chugs said:
incidentially the person who i've gotten them from (from a different sewing circle), who's always been truthful and good to me, claims they were imports, brought in, in fish-food containers.

I wouldnt want to be a fish if some cans got sold as fish food.

Just think, people accidently getting one in their food!???8o

rm1x said:
What about DOB? Is it possible that they could microdot DOB?

I have agree with you on not judging what they look like, they looked nothing like the microdots I was getting back in the very early 90's, but they were pretty good none the less :)

I've never weighed one of these microdots, DOB is (iirc) active between 3-6mg so they would have to be significantly heavier than that. Until someone weighs one I guess its all just conjecture.

Yeah they definately are'nt DOB, as I have taken them before and had a pretty good trip, as you posted BT, I found DOB to go for about 24 hours, it felt really speedy afterwards, not like the microdots where I was stoned as a mullet LOL

Was just curious :)

cheers for the links