Listen to the doctor or is it exaggeration? Three-View-L-Spine

Draven26

Bluelighter
So I've done the MRI on my back and these were the findings: 5 lumbar type vertebrae are demonstrated. Severe chronic disc narrowing at L5-S1. Minor thoracolumbar dextroscoliosis seen in part. Vertebral body heights and alignment are preserved. The other disc spaces are unremarkable as are the posterior elements.

So the doctors say there's nothing they can do except for me doing yoga and light exercise but he suggests giving up Squats and Deadlifts forever. That sounds a little too much and way too complicated for me to live with because I enjoy those lifts and I ain't trying to lose my strength or lose my size. I don't care to be the biggest guy but I also don't want to be a bitch and just do machines for the rest of my life. I'm only 33. What would you guys take from this if this were you? Would you still do deadlifts and squats? He was even telling me not to do bent-over rows.. I'm like, "Doc you're killing me here! Why don't you put in a good word for my stupid ass insurance and tell them to cover another epidural injection." That shit worked for 6 months.. actually longer! I've only gotten the one and for some reason, my damn insurance didn't want me to get the other 2.. fucking assholes! I need it! I mean if I'm not going to get pain meds prescribed to me at least give me the epidural. I bet they'd give it to me if I was a woman about to give birth.. the fuck is wrong with our healthcare system. Don't be telling me it's the land of the free because I don't feel free to do anything or take anything I want.. and in this case feel like I fucking need! I don't have time to feel crippled and something slowing me down. I fucking got clean off meth.. and the gym has been the number one thing that's been helping me stay sober.. and yet again I find myself in that same old place when the mother fucking devil walks in and tries to take away my happiness.. son of a bitch Satan.. get behind me mother fucker and stay there.. know your place asshole! Okay, I'm done venting. Thanks. If ya'll have any helpful suggestions I'd appreciate it!

So I've done the MRI on my back and these were the findings: 5 lumbar type vertebrae are demonstrated. Severe chronic disc narrowing at L5-S1. Minor thoracolumbar dextroscoliosis seen in part. Vertebral body heights and alignment are preserved. The other disc spaces are unremarkable as are the posterior elements.

So the doctors say there's nothing they can do except for me doing yoga and light exercise but he suggests giving up Squats and Deadlifts forever. That sounds a little too much and way too complicated for me to live with because I enjoy those lifts and I ain't trying to lose my strength or lose my size. Thanks. If ya'll have any help or suggestions I'd appreciate it!

We present with similar findings, there is little option to surgeons at the moment regards disc narrowing, as stem cell therapy is not FDA approved on humans..
You may try postural exercises, keep hydrated, as try for 8 hours sleep per night. (the spine compresses during the day, at night it expands with adequate fluid intake)..
Yes, giving up anything that might put excess load upon the spine would be a very good idea, as to continue you would be compressing it further, which is NOT what you want to do.!!!!!
If you insist on squatting, try low weight but try 50 or 100 reps per set... But do NOT go heavy, any further degeneration of your discs will further impinge nerves leading to further pain and potential loss of sensation and possible serious lower limb issues..

We present with similar findings, there is little option to surgeons at the moment regards disc narrowing, as stem cell therapy is not FDA approved on humans..
You may try postural exercises, keep hydrated, as try for 8 hours sleep per night. (the spine compresses during the day, at night it expands with adequate fluid intake)..
Yes, giving up anything that might put excess load upon the spine would be a very good idea, as to continue you would be compressing it further, which is NOT what you want to do.!!!!!
If you insist on squatting, try low weight but try 50 or 100 reps per set... But do NOT go heavy, any further degeneration of your discs will further impinge nerves leading to further pain and potential loss of sensation and possible serious lower limb issues..

What are the worst things that could happen with my condition? Do you think it would be worth it getting another epidural injection? And do you think my past meth use would have effected in anyway or not really? I keep hearing about rhabdomyolysis with chronic meth users and I’ve been clean for a year but was using heavily and honestly I wouldn’t know which doctor to go to that would be smart enough to deal with drug use and future health for patients. Not a lot of options to choose from if you are looking for a good doctor

Worst case scenario is you lose use of your legs. I doubt the meth usage is anyhow related. As for the epidural it'll help with pain issues but that's about it. Take care of yourself and give your spine a break.

So do I have to give up working out because if that’s the case I don’t know if that’s gonna be good for my sobriety I can tell you right now I’ll probably relapse and pick up another addiction because I’m that weak minded I’m just being honest I can’t fucking not work out and I’m just frustrated because of the stem cell research not being approved by the FDA so maybe I should go to Mexico and get that done

So do I have to give up working out because if that’s the case I don’t know if that’s gonna be good for my sobriety I can tell you right now I’ll probably relapse and pick up another addiction because I’m that weak minded I’m just being honest I can’t fucking not work out and I’m just frustrated because of the stem cell research not being approved by the FDA so maybe I should go to Mexico and get that done
Can definitely get it done overseas. Mexico and I believe Columbia is where a lot of US athletes get it done though it does cost a pretty penny. We're not saying you gotta give up lifting, just anything that puts a load on your thoracic vertebrae which would be bearing weight on your shoulders/arms. Can still bench, row, pull down, and leg isolation movements. All the major stuff really is doable. Basically avoid squats or any variation of them really, dead lifts (still puts load on shoulder girdle), standing calf raises, lunges, etc.

So basically I can’t do my two favorite lifts squat and deadlifts and if I do I have to go lightly

Correct. Small price for the use of your lower body.

So what do you recommend for a guy who is 5 feet 9 and weighs 180 pounds. Like what’s the lightest I should lift for squats and for deadlifts? And can I still do leg presses and lunges or are those gonna fuck my shit up?

As I said, avoid them if possible. Leg press should be fine, no lunges. Lunges are still loading your spine. The hand bone connects to the, arm bone. The arm bone connects to the, shoulder bone. The shoulder bone connects to the, back bone. Just for a visual representation.

In your case and with THESE diagnoses I would just work with my own body weight and not more. In a few years you will not be able to walk anymore or to hold your urine when the stenosis of your spinal canal is getting worse. And it IS getting worse when you do weightlifting. I'm a physical therapist. And I know how hard it is to step back with the exercises you are used to.

But what about the future? You are too young to have such a fucked up lumbal spine! I had arguments with such a lot of weightlifters or bodybuilders and in the end when they were really doing my "gymnastics for pregnants" they were painfree and very thankful.

Please don't ruin your spine!

JJ

I forgot something:

NEVER LISTEN TO DOCTORS! THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU! JUST MONEYMONEYMONEY....

I'm since 15 years so angry at them. Listen, in your case I would do a good sports physical therapy - so that you can correct your exercises and even correct HOW you are doing that. That's very important. That does'nt mean you have to give up your sports - but you have immediately doing something so that it's not getting worse - even when you get angry like hell during the physio-hours - but we are used to it ;)

All the best

JJ

I forgot something:

NEVER LISTEN TO DOCTORS! THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU! JUST MONEYMONEYMONEY....

I'm since 15 years so angry at them. Listen, in your case I would do a good sports physical therapy - so that you can correct your exercises and even correct HOW you are doing that. That's very important. That does'nt mean you have to give up your sports - but you have immediately doing something so that it's not getting worse - even when you get angry like hell during the physio-hours - but we are used to it ;)

All the best

JJ

Can you answer other questions since you're a physical therapist. I got a problem with another piece of shit dermatologist that fucked me over and I was wondering if you know anything about pseudomonas cuz that's what will be the death of me it looks like if I end up losing my toe!

Yes I can. But that wouldn't be helping you. The problem with the dermatologist I already answered.

Cheers

When it comes to your toe you have to see a surgeon immediately! He will do what he can and you have to take meds for a time. So it's up to you, there is nothing you can do at home or so.

JJ

When it comes to your toe you have to see a surgeon immediately! He will do what he can and you have to take meds for a time. So it's up to you, there is nothing you can do at home or so.

JJ
So what would you suggest for a routine then so I can save my back but still be able to maintain my body. I weigh 190 at the moment and I’m 5’10 and bf is 13% trying to get it down to 8% but I’m not in my 20s and those days of using meth and steroids are long gone and I’m doing my best to put in the work... but its not as exciting anymore because I’m not seeing the drastic changes and I have to accept that because I am not taking these drugs anymore but it sucks lol I miss my 20s

I
So what would you suggest for a routine then so I can save my back but still be able to maintain my body. I weigh 190 at the moment and I’m 5’10 and bf is 13% trying to get it down to 8% but I’m not in my 20s and those days of using meth and steroids are long gone and I’m doing my best to put in the work... but its not as exciting anymore because I’m not seeing the drastic changes and I have to accept that because I am not taking these drugs anymore but it sucks lol I miss my 20s

I'm so sorry, I would help you but I can't until I saw your body, tested your joints and saw perhaps general static problems. That would be very unprofessional because you have not only one thing to take care of. So I would have a few hours with a personal trainer and when he knows about your physical problems he should be able to show you how to exercise without doing more harm to your body. And as you already said: you are not in your 20s anymore. You will not believe how many totally fucked up spines I already saw just when it comes to weightlifters, bodybuilders, and so on. I know how hard it is NOT to use the weights you were used to before. Or imo it would be better just to exercise with your own body weight even if you think now JJ is totally crazy. Yes I am. But not with things like that, it's my profession since 15 years. When you feel how good it is to get the tension out of your body, to get stretched (WHICH IS DAMN NECCESSARY), to be much more moveable, you will be happy about it. I had it felt like hundreds of conversations like that. "But when i....." - "And if i....?" blablabla - - no. :) As you said by yourself:

YOU have to accept that your body changes and this starts already in the early 30s. If you want to get old without in chronic pain, ask a peronal trainer please to reduce slowly. Fuck, there is no Ashton-Manual for it ;)

Before you start working out again, your toe has to be fixed! I think that's the bigger problem right now. How does it look? Have you been to the ER?

JJ

So the doctors say there's nothing they can do except for me doing yoga and light exercise but he suggests giving up Squats and Deadlifts forever. That sounds a little too much and way too complicated for me to live with because I enjoy those lifts and I ain't trying to lose my strength or lose my size. I don't care to be the biggest guy but I also don't want to be a bitch and just do machines for the rest of my life. I'm only 33. What would you guys take from this if this were you? Would you still do deadlifts and squats? He was even telling me not to do bent-over rows.. I'm like, "Doc you're killing me here! Why don't you put in a good word for my stupid ass insurance and tell them to cover another epidural injection." That shit worked for 6 months.. actually longer! I've only gotten the one and for some reason, my damn insurance didn't want me to get the other 2.. fucking assholes! I need it! I mean if I'm not going to get pain meds prescribed to me at least give me the epidural. I bet they'd give it to me if I was a woman about to give birth.. the fuck is wrong with our healthcare system. Don't be telling me it's the land of the free because I don't feel free to do anything or take anything I want.. and in this case feel like I fucking need! I don't have time to feel crippled and something slowing me down. I fucking got clean off meth.. and the gym has been the number one thing that's been helping me stay sober.. and yet again I find myself in that same old place when the mother fucking devil walks in and tries to take away my happiness.. son of a bitch Satan.. get behind me mother fucker and stay there.. know your place asshole! Okay, I'm done venting. Thanks. If ya'll have any helpful suggestions I'd appreciate it!
When the doctor tells you all you have left to do is Squats and Sit-Ups m, it might bé time to consider turning to fent and just RIP