• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants lisdexamfetamine - dextroamphetamine dose conversion

Jktm

Bluelighter
Is there a way to estimate the equivalent daily dosage of dextroamphetamine from a vyvanse dose (i.e. 30mg vyvanse = xxmg dexamp daily dose)? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, just didn't know the best way to UTFSE as far as what to enter.

30mg Vyvanse = 7.5mg D-amp = 10mg Adderall

70mg Vyvanse = 20mg D-amp = 30mg Adderall

thanks ergic...

damn...vyvanse is kinda weak...

I thought 30mg adderall was 22.5mg d-amp though...

it's a great drug if you are addicted to amphetamines, because it stops metabolizing after 200mg, and it can't be injected/snorted. My insurance covers up to 170mg, and the doc I'm seeing soon is likely going to give me it, I'm going to ask for 140mg, because that's equal to the 60mg/Adderall/day I take now. When I took Vyvanse, I stopped taking more than prescribed, because after the morning, re-dosing is idiotic-- it means you can't sleep-- and besides, you can't take more than 200mg anyhow, so what's the point? If the DEA had any sense, they would have classified it as a C-III, like Shire expected they would, and actually reward them for a drug you can't abuse (unless you consider abuse taking a drug within the therapeutic window).

But no, because the DEA doesn't care about science, they just care about the PERCEPTION someone has it's abusive, even though drug likability ratings for Vyvanse are way lower than other stimulants. Addicts will take it, notice a mild mood elevation, and assume that's euphoria. Because they're addicts. Ruin it for everyone, people, ruin it for everyone. It would be nice if I could just call this in.

Of course, it'll never be used as a maintenance treatment for addicts, because addicts will do what addicts do, and act all giddy and brag about how they're taking 600 mg of the stuff, too ignorant to know the lysine stops cleaving after 200mg in a day. And the stupid media still reports about vyvanse "abuse" all the time. I'm so sick of the media and people's gut feelings trumping science.

This is NOT TRUE. It does not stop metabolizing after 200 mg. If you take 300 mg you will feel much stronger effects than 200. Stop spreading misinformation.

30mg of lisdex is equal to 15mg dextroamphetamine. The vyvanse splits into 1 part lysine and 1 part d-amp, so the d-amp dosage is half of the lisdex dosage. Adderall is 75% d-amp. Don't know what the above poster is talking about.

30mg vyvanse = 15mg dextroamphetamine = 22.5mg adderall.
I have been looking for this information. Are you a chemist? It seems like it should be more readily available in the official literature from Shire, however it is not. That makes much more sense to me now. Also, given that Vyvanse has better bioavailability, higher peak plasma concentrations, and a longer half-life, it is likely that a 70 mg capsule of Vyvanse is in actuality closer to 40 mg or more of dextroamphetamine.

I cannot believe that Vyvanse did not get Schedule 3 status as they were preliminarily told they would. Also, the fact that it is not FDA approved for medication assisted therapy for methamphetamine dependence is ridiculous. Another piece of propaganda for the war on drugs. If people realize that the drugs their six-year-old were taking could replace meth, what would happen then? They would realize that jugs themselves are not bad, bad people who do drugs are bad. Good people who do drugs are good. The stigma is the problem. This drug could have been the solution, but the FDA and the DEA screwed society and Shire. I have a feeling Shire was behind the anti-meth campaign, and then created Vyvanse in hopes of becoming the savior. Then they got doublecrossed.

I have been looking for this information. Are you a chemist? It seems like it should be more readily available in the official literature from Shire, however it is not. That makes much more sense to me now. Also, given that Vyvanse has better bioavailability, higher peak plasma concentrations, and a longer half-life, it is likely that a 70 mg capsule of Vyvanse is in actuality closer to 40 mg or more of dextroamphetamine.

Eh sorry mate, that was not accurate dosing information and I've deleted it and a whole load of other misinformed b/s out of this thread.

The official literature does usually contain the correct conversion ratios, though I'm in the UK/Europe so maybe it's market-specific (rules are often tighter over here).

70mg of lisdexamfetamine (vyvanse) converts to approximately 20.8mg of dexamphetamine/dexedrine once the lysine has been cleaved off by an enzyme in your blood cells.

However, it would be considerably more potent than an equivalent dose of dexedrine since vyvanse has almost 100% bioavailability (almost all of it 'gets in' to the blood stream intact, unlike dexedrine).

If you or anyone else stumbles on this thread in future, here's a link to a handy website to help y'all figure out the comparative dosages of your various stimulant products.

Stimulant Dose Conversion (psychopharmacopeia.com)

Bear in mind that the conversion calculator above does not take account of their different pharmacodynamic or pharmacokinetic parameters like bioavailability or duration of effect, and so subjective effects may still differ substantially between different products containing the same amount of active drug

Eh sorry mate, that was not accurate dosing information and I've deleted it and a whole load of other misinformed b/s out of this thread.

The official literature does usually contain the correct conversion ratios, though I'm in the UK/Europe so maybe it's market-specific (rules are often tighter over here).

70mg of lisdexamfetamine (vyvanse) converts to approximately 20.8mg of dexamphetamine/dexedrine once the lysine has been cleaved off by an enzyme in your blood cells.

However, it would be considerably more potent than an equivalent dose of dexedrine since vyvanse has almost 100% bioavailability (almost all of it 'gets in' to the blood stream intact, unlike dexedrine).

If you or anyone else stumbles on this thread in future, here's a link to a handy website to help y'all figure out the comparative dosages of your various stimulant products.

Stimulant Dose Conversion (psychopharmacopeia.com)

Bear in mind that the conversion calculator above does not take account of their different pharmacodynamic or pharmacokinetic parameters like bioavailability or duration of effect, and so subjective effects may still differ substantially between different products containing the same amount of active drug

A 70mg Vyvanse is slightly less stronger than a 30mg adderal id say 1/5th to 1/4 less as strong

The official information isn’t exactly accurate. I have taking Vyvanse on and off for years, alternated with dextroamphetamine spansules and tablets, and even d-desoxyephedrine. While that is technically true about how much dextroamphetamine it gets converted to, Dimesylate is more effective than sulfate. Also, there is a higher bioavailability, better peak plasma concentration, and longer half-life. I read one more in depth analysis somewhere that did say that it was more like a 70 mg by Vance was equivalent to around 35 mg of dextroamphetamine because of the more efficient delivery. But it’s very inconsistent. The numbers they give are just too low. I have tried them on, and it feels much stronger than that