Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Liquorice MDMA?

roady05

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

A source is offering two types of MDMA: 'Champagne MDMA' which looks more akin to the MDMA I normally see (slightly brown tinge but closer to white) and 'liquorice' MDMA which has a much darker colouration. I'm under the impression they are both basically the same shit and that the 'liquorice' shit is just for cosmetic value... Anyone have anything to add?

Darker colours in MDMA are generally an indication of a lazy chemist or a poor synthesis without much impurities removed from the final product. After a solvent wash and recrystalization MDMA is clear like shards of ice.

It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything else.
"Cola" or "Liquorice" MDMA is usually sold as being done the old way from sassafras oil and therefore being more "natural" (I'm not joking), "spiritual" and "magic".
I think it is very unlikely that much MDMA is still being done from sassafras.
Anyway ya it does have some kind of a balsamic smell to it.

It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything else.
"Cola" or "Liquorice" MDMA is usually sold as being done the old way from sassafras oil and therefore being more "natural" (I'm not joking), "spiritual" and "magic".
I think it is very unlikely that much MDMA is still being done from sassafras.
Anyway ya it does have some kind of a balsamic smell to it.

My experience of the 'cola' is far from 'magical'...

The champagne MDMA is great imo. You can usually pick out the whitest crystals.

I have to agree here, As I was claiming earlier and from experience of duel solvent recrystallisation it's just impure product.
Likewise.
Plus worse comedown than champagne IME.

Of course, More impurities means more load on your liver and kidneys trying to filter out the by-products and impurities. Not only that but these impurities may be blocking parts of your neurotransmitter terminals preventing MDMA from activating the release of serotonin.

The best thing anyone can do is a duel solvent recrystalization. I may write up a guide sometime soon.

Cola MDMA is just impure. Clean MDMA has no smell or colour.

I have to agree here, As I was claiming earlier and from experience of duel solvent recrystallisation it's just impure product.

Of course, More impurities means more load on your liver and kidneys trying to filter out the by-products and impurities. Not only that but these impurities may be blocking parts of your neurotransmitter terminals preventing MDMA from activating the release of serotonin.

The best thing anyone can do is a duel solvent recrystalization. I may write up a guide sometime soon.

Cola MDMA is just impure. Clean MDMA has no smell or colour.

I have successfully removed any trace of colour from any MDMA with an anhydrous acetone wash, but an A/B extraction + recrystallisation should achieve even higher purity.

Does anyone know if A/B extraction + recrystallisation will remove any inactive cuts used to get bigger crystals? Like MSM in instance.

I have successfully removed any trace of colour from any MDMA with an anhydrous acetone wash, but an A/B extraction + recrystallisation should achieve even higher purity.

Does anyone know if A/B extraction + recrystallisation will remove any inactive cuts used to get bigger crystals? Like MSM in instance.

Did you re-x in anhydrous IPA after acetone wash?

Did you re-x in anhydrous IPA after acetone wash?

Nope, just a few drops of clear vodka to get bigger crystals.

Doing a slow recrystallisation from a warm saturated IPA solution allows to filter out basically pure MDMA crystals out of the solution as you cool it down right?

Nope, just a few drops of clear vodka to get bigger crystals.

Doing a slow recrystallisation from a warm saturated IPA solution allows to filter out basically pure MDMA crystals out of the solution as you cool it down right?

Correct, Better yet you can kill 2 birds with one stone and perform a dual solvent recrystalization so impurities are drawn out as the crystal crashes out of your solvents.

An aniseed smell often accompanied good mdma in the 90s and early 2000s. It is course not pure mdma if it had that smell but was back then one indicator the gear should be pretty good. This became irrelevant in mid 2000s as so many new methods of production was occuring and new end products surfacing, all still mdma

and mine? MAGIC. Keep in mind the term "cola" doesnt necessarily mean the color too much. Mine was still sort of off-whitish, but was labeled as cola. Whatever was done to label it as "cola" was awesome.

good mdma should not smell like safrole, that is a sign the chemist was a little lazy on the reduction and there's some MDP2POl there or w/e

If I were to try to make nice crystals I'd probably recrystallize it from hot IPA after a little charcoal treatment.