• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Limit/Ceiling Dose Buprenorphine 32mg ORAL or IV?

suessmayr

Bluelighter
I understand that whereas IV bioavailability with bupe is 100%, whereas with sublingual bioavailability is around 30%. If the limit is 32mg is that sublingual? As in the limit a person could shoot would be about 10mg? I just banged 12mg and would like to know if this is where to stop.

S

You do understand you're shooting up something containing starches right? Bacteria LOVEEEEEEE starches. You're not safe cooking it either, citric acid will fuck your veins up faster than tar.

If you're not getting high off 12mg you're pretty much fucked. Bupe's normal recreational dose is 4mg and less.

Bupe's normal recreational dose is 4mg and less.

qft. 36mg iv bupe isnt going to be 3x better than 12mg. Why bother IVing bupe?

You do understand you're shooting up something containing starches right? Bacteria LOVEEEEEEE starches. You're not safe cooking it either, citric acid will fuck your veins up faster than tar.

If you're not getting high off 12mg you're pretty much fucked. Bupe's normal recreational dose is 4mg and less.

So much fail.

You don't "cook" bupe when prepping for IV.

You don't use citric acid either.

So much fail.

You don't "cook" bupe when prepping for IV.

You don't use citric acid either.

You're kidding right? Some people cook pills because they're taught it dissolves the "good stuff" better. Also. The lemon-lime flavoring is from CITRIC ACID.

Sub is orange flavored, most anything orange flavored will have citric acid right in it..

Sub is orange flavored, most anything orange flavored will have citric acid right in it..

Nope, not orange. Sorry.

Straight from wiki.
Suboxone (orange color, hexagonal shaped tablet, lemon-lime flavored, one part naloxone for every four parts buprenorphine. Subutex and Suboxone are available in 2 mg and 8 mg sublingual dosages

Where I come from, both suboxone and subutex tablets are white.

Of all the replies I got, none really answered my question: is injecting more than 10mg senseless in the same way that it is senseless to take more than 32mg sublingually?

I don't care about your "injectors go to hell" shit so fuck off rather than preach about routes of administration.

ALSO - I heard something once about banging some antihistamine with bupe to get high. Is that for real? Where can I read about it? Aren't antihistamines just fucking shithouse brick-in-the-face knock you the fuck out pills?

S

Of all the replies I got, none really answered my question: is injecting more than 10mg senseless in the same way that it is senseless to take more than 32mg sublingually?

I don't care about your "injectors go to hell" shit so fuck off rather than preach about routes of administration.

ALSO - I heard something once about banging some antihistamine with bupe to get high. Is that for real? Where can I read about it? Aren't antihistamines just fucking shithouse brick-in-the-face knock you the fuck out pills?

S

Obvious troll.

Ahh no wonder it tastes like shit.. i just assumed it was an off orange flavor cause its orange colored. I thought u ment plain bupe/subutex pills were lemon-lime flavored..

antihistamines can be sedating, and some people feel they really add to the buprenorphine experience.

the dose response curve (dose(x-axis) graphed with respect to subjective experience(y-axis)) isn't flat with buprenorphine--that's the best way to look at it: think of natural logarithms, even root fn's, etc, very slooooow growing. so it isn't really effective to up the dose once you've been on it a while.

y=lnx isn't a perfect example because of course it'd be hard to have "negative" or "less than zero" effect from the drug, just look at x>1,
600px-Ln_.svg.png

so the next step up in subjective experience is always hugely inefficient.

The ceiling dose with Buprenorphine is subjective. 32mg is a dose at which most people still experience an increase in mu agonist effects- so it was chosen to be the dosing cutoff in BMT protocol. Some people still experience additional mu agonist effects at higher doses, some people hit the ceiling dose (meaning no more additional mu agonist effects at higher doses) at a dose lower than 32mg.

The pleasurable mu agonist effects (warmth, euphoria, etc) is generally agree'd to stop increasing above 12-16mg in most people. Sedation, relaxation, constipation, and other CNS and peripheral mu agonist effects are what increase with additional higher doses between 12-16mg and 32mg in most people.

In countries and areas where there are massive IV Buprenorphine addict populations, you don't find people injecting large doses. A single 8mg Subutex is usually crushed to a powder, divided into 8 equal piles and each pile (1mg Bupe) is sold as one dose to IV (countries like Georgia, India, Bangladesh, etc).

The benefits to more Buprenorphine recreationally ends before the ceiling dose. For maintenance purposes doses up to 32mg provide additional benefits such as craving reduction; for a recreational user, it would add no pleasurable benefit and only skyrocket tolerance to the euphoria and pleasurable aspects of IV Buprenorphine.

Thanks Tchort,

That is really helpful. I have often felt that as well - when I take my usual 28mg I am sort of a bit smashed for a few hours, eyes closing, nodding off etc, whereas when I take like 16-20mg I feel more like I'm on 20mg of Oxycodone or something - more of a delicate, distinguishable high.

S

S

It is kind of useless to IV more than 2mg at a time. It's completely unnecessary.

You can mix in an antihistamine, it helps increase the 'rush' but is kind of sedating at the same time. I prefer no antihistamine.

IV ing bupe will fuck up your veins so fast so bad, even with micron filters (first hand experience)... its not worth it... spend your money on a more recreational opiate or if you're on bupe maintenance, don't fuck things up by IV'ing.

S
All these people bitching at this person for what they are shooting is stupid. What do you people think you are his mother or something. He asked a simple question, if you dont have the answer to the question there is no reason to preach. Do you really think that he is going to listen to you or even care what you have to say.
To all you people criticizing somebody for what they do because you think that you habit or addiction isnt as bad this is to you---FUCK OFF.:eek:=D

^Last time I read the BLUA this was a harm reduction forum. ;)

Sub, stop acting like a prick. If he wants to inject the drug so be it. This site is concerned with safely doing anything.

IMHO, I believe the ceiling of bupe is like 8-12mg
As far as recreational use, using more than 4mg is a waste and as someone else said above, just builds tolerance.
IF you choose to inject. Use no more than 2mg. 1.5mg seems to be the sweet spot. Also, if you take Bupe everyday, it is actually pointless to inject it. Its taken me some time to realize this.