• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Lifting the ceiling effect of Buprenorphine

Hazzel

Greenlighter
Hi! I'm new to the forum so i hope i'm in the right section!

I was wondering if there's any way to lift the "ceiling effect" for everyday users of Buprenorphine, since you don't get much of a high once you've reached the ceiling effect 24/7. So: Anyone know of any ways to lift the ceiling effect? I had my thoughts around DXM lowering opiate tolerance? Could that work in low doses? I also read about [FONT=arial, sans-serif]St. Johns Wort metabolizing the Buprenorphine into Norbuprenorphine which is a full agonist? Anyone have any successful experiments regarding this topic? Or any other ways of lifting the ceiling effect? Benzos/pregabalin and similar solutions wouldn't work since SWIM gets tested for these kinds of meds on a regular basis. SWIM also tried Hydroxizine which is an antihistamine but not with satisfying results, if any increase at all more than maybe a little placebo.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Different modes of use have different rates of absorption afaik with sublingual being lower than Nasall.

Lifting the ceiling affect of Buprenorphine will not be possible, It is not a full on opioid receptor agonist (Some of it’s metabolites may be). It is only a partial receptor agonist, and like any other partial receptor agonist, it will have a ceiling effect. I used to take Buprenorphine daily for over 2 years in the form(s) of suboxone and zubsolv. I do think the zubsolv is much better than the suboxone btw! I also think trying to use dxm for opi tolerance may not be too effective. While dxm can prevent opiate tolerance, I don’t see it reversing your tolerance to the degree that you would just all of a sudden get really lit off bupe. When I was on bupe I would potentiate it with benzodiazepines and other miscellaneous sedatives. This can potentially be very dangerous and should only ever be done with a word of caution, as it can possibly hurt or kill you