• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Life with chronic back pain.. marriage then cancer.

MastaMan

Greenlighter
Hello I've used this site for over 16 years so thank you all!
So hello I'll make this kinda quick, around the age of 4 I realized that there's short term pain and some that just never goes away.. by the age of 11 ± I couldn't take the pain anymore and I spoke up to my parents and asked for help, tons of doctors and epidurals later I found myself at Mayo clinic and found out that I had spinal stenosis osteopenia three bulging discs and a collapsing disc & low bone density.. basically my MRI was one of an 80 year old woman *I am a skinny white boy, so fitting I suppose. lol. They said we medicate before we operate, so there started my ride from 5mg hydrocodone to eventually around 1000mg of oxy condone a day, phenyl gel patches, methadone biscuits (4 a day ) and of course Xanax.. now this was long before the whole "opioid epidemic and operation hard pill" stuff so yes I saw profit and went for it, I was in Florida the script mill of the universe and all the MRI records were lagit from mayo.. oh yes at 16 I was the worst case junkie you could think of, so effing dumb, on my part and the doctors, but at 21 I went into rehab and retired, met my wife help raise her child (I consider her our child as the sperm donor was not around or didn't want to help.. whatever.) So this was 2007 when I met my wife, 7/7/17 we got married and life was pretty damn good, but 8 months into our marriage I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, of course it had to be my x urologists largest cancer testical that he had ever dealt with. Yes my luck gets better.. they didn't wait the 2 days for the blood results because he only operates on Wednesday and it was Tuesday so it was rushed, needless to say it a massetized into my lungs and my kidneys.. I was (to my knowledge) on level 6 chemo for months, one week on one week off.. when they upped the meds to kill the new cancer I felt like I had the flu but thought nothing of it and plus it was my off week. Well after 2 days of not getting better my wife made me go to the ER, she saved my life, well actually I coded and did die but a blood transfusion brought me back, turns out I had no white blood cells and very low red, all due to ibuprofen I'm guessing. Anyways I was back alive. And went back on chemotherapy and rang the bell.. yay done right? Nope now my very slight neuropathy pain went from 2 to "I can't sit walk stand or sleep without pain. Now I'm going to copy a post I made in probably the wrong place but I don't want to be back on opioids, so..

It's been a 4 year journey but I can use my right again! I found what finally took away my disabling neuropathy pain. I knew it was going to be in S isomer ketamine (lab tested) sugar. All I could drum up was iv use and inhalation use the inhalation just didn't do it and I knew IV wasn't a solution nor a path I wanted to go down, so I started injecting into my leg muscles (right back thigh leg.. 24/7 pain of a red hot knife just stuck.. I still have bad pins and needles on my feet but that's livable), once I hit 150mg and waking up from a hell of a life changing k hole I found my pain is almost gone and I haven't fallen over yet ( I used to fall or almost fall daily due to my leg just giving out) I'm still in disbelief.. I made a promise to myself when I was 21 that I'd never get back on opioids long term so that has not been an option that's what led me to the ketamine. One shot is lasting me upwards of 4 days.. now my dilemma is lack of money and trying to prove that this has worked to my neurologist.. I'm just a guy in remission (or was, last week my blood work came back with bad levels and I'm anemic now which I have never been. So now I have to get a CT scan and more blood work done and they're not taking my port out but I'm not going to let that get me down not after this progress) I don't know how to write a paper on my experience and I have not seen any papers on using ketamine in the way I have. Last night I actually got (was able to) to dance at an awesome break beat event near me. I'm an old school raver and it's been 4 years of not being able to go out because of the pain.. if anyone has any information similar to what I've done I would greatly appreciate it or if anyone has any resources for harm reduction or a way to be prescribed ketamine please let me know this has changed my life. My email is <snip>
It's all encrypted so anything sent to me will be completely anonymous if you'd like and I will destroy any emails if you would so like. I just want this quality of life to continue because I have not felt this good as far as pain-free in my entire life honestly.
Thank you all in advance.
Peace love unity RESPECT 🙂💓

There's so much more to this, if I was a better writer or I thought that I have done anything special I would try to write down more but.. I don't know if it could be of use to anyone, you all tell me, I'm unemployed due to covid and Florida doe got hacked so my account is locked so I have no funds coming in, I'd like to be upbeat about getting my unemployment but come on it's Florida.. just saying I didn't vote that idiot into office and I'm npa, have to be as I was clerk of courts. Might still be.. I worked elections for years..
Anyways thanks so much for your time and any information anyone might have that can help me or anyone for that matter is much appreciated

A small operation is a much better investment than a large one. <snip>

-Please don't advertise here-
-Ds

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @MastaMan
Welcome to Bluelight. <3

There is plenty of information regarding prescription ketamine. I can't really tell you which one because there is so many threads about it!

To help you out a bit, and something you might want to know how to do later on then try searching for it, but in a unique kind of way.

Check out the how-to guide on how to search for threads here by going to: How to use the Search function and when it comes down to what you are searching for just plug in the work 'Ketamine' or maybe 'Ketamine treatment', or something like so.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding how to use the search function, or anything at all.

Peace

Hello there. You know, the title was so catchy that I couldn’t go past it. Tbh, your story is amazing and inspiring! Actually, my brother has a friend who ran into the same issue a few years ago. Long story short, the sport physiotherapy helped me feel great again. I don’t know if physiotherapy could be helpful for you, so I think you should tell the doctor about it. Still, best wishes to you, MastaMan. Everything is possible. Please, don’t forget to keep us updated as often as possible.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know anything of help to your specific situation, I just wanna say man what a fighter you are! And welcome to Bluelight!

I am so sorry for what you have been through.

I had a bad health situation also. I hear you about the “feels like I have a red hot knife in my right thigh leg,
I have that same thing but in my left leg.
I had to find what worked for me too.
You have got to advocate for yourself.
Tell them, look I have tried all your combo’s and medical things which probably made it worse at times and this is what I have found that makes me functional and having a quality of life.

I am taking long acting morphine pills and they help a lot.
along with Gabapentin.
You might want to consider that treatment?

I wish you well brother.
Just advocate for yourself.
Choose your words carefully.
Be well.
❤️

I have that same thing but in my left leg.
I had to find what worked for me too.
You have got to advocate for yourself.
Tell them, look I have tried all your combo’s and medical things which probably made it worse at times and this is what I have found that makes me functional and having a quality of life.
You are tough and smart person!,
Remember this: You are going through something bad in a place where you are surrounded by stuff that can make your life normal!
Got myself to neuropathy months ago I'm 35 and started with pins and needles and every day is new surprise but for now I have meds 3 meds that makes person a machine or??
Buprenorphine 2mg, Pregabalin up to 750mg if needed for sleep, Modafinil 100mg, but when I buy Concerta prescribed i'ts on narcotics list like (Spravato esketamine? and oxycodone, Tapentadol here which now they push OXY 5 and 10 mgs for pains I knew it!, last year it was only for cancer dying patients!
Then I don't use Modafinil and have Tramadol as Scudexa X2 by my family doc75/25tramadol/dexketoprofen
Almost Serotonin syndrome but no....anymore
MastaMan try to when going to your neurologist or therapist,

1. be honest, be assertive, Show you are serious and professional (not raver) again not judging that's my thing and I don't know you...

2.we all manipulate through life, I had luck of one stupid giving me serotonin syndrome(venlafaxine,trazodone,sulpride,sertraline) almost it's funny story but too long I wouldn't met todays doc who saw that I don't have anything apart from high ADHD or wondering mind whatever it is meta-aware!?

So when going on check up, learn everything that can be given or even I called big pharma distributor and pushed the boundaries I think at least for my self at the time!

2. IN that matter "you understand their position and you know it's hard to get the med, the only med which gave you normal quality of life, life where you just wanna provide for someone, be a better husband, better father, be a person in your case when on Ketamine years ago you even cry like I was but then I saw it, as that was the truth!
3. so I'm just asking for some compromise and "in my case it was hard cause everybody praise for exceptions nor I was perfect but then I tough it up and wait in withdrawals to not be that guy in their eyes"! I'm sure it's hard and I feel it man I won't say sympathy or empathy here but years reading here and books, just show your humble normal not wanna-drugmyself and hedonism here I come!
:In love: