• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog Life is Hard

Lucky for them and unlucky for you!! So sorry that this has happened in your driveway?? That really Sucks

I am truly sorry that you had to experience such a terrible thing :cautious:. I hope in time you will recover and regain some level of peace.

You are loved and that is a blessing, so I am glad to hear that at least.

This may be something you dont wish to answer, which I would totally understand, so dont feel any need to respond if it is out of line for me to ask. But, did they catch the perpetrator of this heinous crime?

Im sorry if that is wrong of me to ask...it just pains me to hear of what happened to you.

You are strong BTS, youll go though this.

Also life is hard yes, isnt it that what makes it worth it ;)

Unfortunately, strength has nothing whatsoever to do with it..

Two people could have exactly the same experience. Person A might be a very mentall/emotionally "strong" person, Person B might be a very mentally/emotionally "weak" person. Both , or, either, or neither , might develop ptsd. It's just the luck of the draw and is purely down to how one tiny, deeply unconscious part of the fight-or-flight system interprets the event.

Unfortunately, strength has nothing whatsoever to do with it..

Two people could have exactly the same experience. Person A might be a very mentall/emotionally "strong" person, Person B might be a very mentally/emotionally "weak" person. Both , or, either, or neither , might develop ptsd. It's just the luck of the draw and is purely down to how one tiny, deeply unconscious part of the fight-or-flight system interprets the event.
Yes the strength is everything. I have complex ptsd and I have decided to live my life to the fullest.
That is strength in my point of view.

Yes the strength is everything. I have complex ptsd and I have decided to live my life to the fullest.
That is strength in my point of view.

I'm truly very glad you're coping, but it isn't through strength exactly.

Think about the language, and then consider how it may make someone who is not coping think or feel (I'm not coping...therefore I'm weak, etc)

I've met and worked with dozens of amazingly strong people with ptsd who are not coping well at all.

EDIT - of course strength can help to cope with the effects of ptsd, sometimes and with some people, definitely not everyone or always though. BUT - strength plays zero part in whether we develop ptsd or not....that's worded a bit better

Last edited:
I am truly sorry that you had to experience such a terrible thing :cautious:. I hope in time you will recover and regain some level of peace.

You are loved and that is a blessing, so I am glad to hear that at least.

This may be something you dont wish to answer, which I would totally understand, so dont feel any need to respond if it is out of line for me to ask. But, did they catch the perpetrator of this heinous crime?

Im sorry if that is wrong of me to ask...it just pains me to hear of what happened to you.

Yes they caught him got a pretty light sentence and will be on the streets soon

Unfortunately not much justice in South Africa

Hey bts,

There is nothing I can do or say that will change what happened that day. I do wish you well and hope you know that you are loved and I can't do anything to make you feel safe, but do not feel ashamed for being scared, it's ok to want others with you. Its disheartening when the criminals that are out there preying on others are slapped on the wrist and sent back into society. Maybe @Whosajiggawaaa can help? I think he was studying law.

I know if this ever happened to my daughter or wife (any person for that matter) I would want to commit murder. But that won't help will it? I am deeply sorry for how humanity treats itself. I wish you well my dear. Keep your head high and be proud of yourself, do not be ashamed of your feelings.

Last edited:
Ah, BtS, :( Am beyond heartbroken to hear that you went through that shit.
Just know you from your posts and they always resonated am sorry you have to endure this bullshit put upon you.

In relation to attacks, I was talking to a neighbour last week who endured a physical attack and her doc diagnosed her with PTSD

I am going to suggest the usual; psychotherapy; this is a given with a GOOD therapist - also, and when you are ready some weight training/self defence like Krav Maga to support yourself, alongside therapy ( when your ready and only with a trainer you can talk to about personal boundaries and that you trust.

Always loved to see your posts on here - I really hope you can get yourself back to base- jesus just your post means you are willing to fight off this shit/fear. Go easy and at your own pace. I really hope you do everything in your power to help yourself through this, and seek an army of support ( that will come) as, you deserve it to. <3

This.
Life flows and ebbs, just remind yourself that this too will pass, life is transient.

I hope the pig was caught and prosecuted and you at least received justice for your trauma.
Huge hugs and positive thoughts being sent your way x

This too shall pass...AND you will get yourself stronger; there is no injustice without consequence and we've no control over anything but to justify, ourselves into the best that we can be ( the time comes when bullshit is revealed and dealt with; I've seen it). Xxx

Yes they caught him got a pretty light sentence and will be on the streets soon

Unfortunately not much justice in South Africa

This seems to be the universal bullshit.

Despite, it. Go fight for your good life & self.
Wish I could articulate a situation better but to hell with, those cunts. You keep yourself, ahead, mindful, & strong. ❤️

Sometimes, there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Sometimes you realise you are the 'gold' - you do with it as you will, you know what's right.

Justice, is in the people who believe in it, that's the route you take. Not believing in broken things/systems - they are blind & stupid.

You find strength, in strength. ☺️

Last edited:
So nice to hear from you😍 just the act of posting and allowing your experience to help other people by your power of example is fantastic!! Thank you
Being careful after a life changing trauma is smart, not scared.
I was diagnosed with PTSD after my Cancer treatments ( 40 days of radiation and chemotherapeutic, 5 days a week ) very unpleasant 😫. I was so pissed off at the Dr. This was the height of the Iraq war, and people where watching there limbs and friends blown up!!! Now they had PTSD not me ?????
And my dr said she treats both Cancer Patients, and War Veterans, so she want to know if I thought any one of those Vets would trade with me and take my Cancer?. I couldn’t answer, she said I don’t think so, it’s just a chemical imbalance in my brain so let’s work on it, so let’s just try to help you with it

I'm on serdep with is an anti depressant and I take Ativan for anxiety so nothing new Mal.

Just triggers certain smells etc can't be alone I'm always scared.

At Soso a retrenchment is losing your job due to downsizing of a company.

And I don't really like to talk about it but I was attacked and raped in my driveway after work earlier in the year
[/QUOTE
No problem thank you for reading
You’re not alone I remember last year sometime there we’re days I couldn’t be alone. I’d have panic attacks constantly. One time blacked out they were so bad. I feel for you and be happy you have someone there with you (hubby). I also have An addiction problem and am on Klonopin 1mg 3 x daily. I tgjj OK no if you really need it up your dose it’s not a bad thing as long as you’re following doctors orders. Give them to your husband to dispense. I’ve been molested myself a few times not raped but still molested. I love you

So I've been very scarce lately, scared to do much to be honest.
I'm always looking around or behind me 24/7
Gotten to see a psychologist but it's taking time.
I am suffering major depression meds help but still hard for me.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Much <3
BtS

So I've been very scarce lately, scared to do much to be honest.
I'm always looking around or behind me 24/7
Gotten to see a psychologist but it's taking time.
I am suffering major depression meds help but still hard for me.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Much <3
BtS

Thank you for updating us on your condition.

Please know that you are Loved very much! ❤️

We are here to support you. Please know you are never alone.

I wish you to be well. My prayers are with you.

🌹